Hash Making

Re: Roseman's Hash Making

great tutorial,enjoyed it very much,have'nt had hash since the early 80's.what i like about it is your not wasting anything.this is one hellof web site:bravo:

Haha.. I made about 3 drops of oil from about 3 cups of rub after it was screened. Mixed a tiny bit of the loose keif with the oil, and took that to the...... Wait.. what was I talking about? Heh.. Hey look, a bike! I like bikes.

Does anyone have a pic of a DIY homemade PRESS, or a store bought one, to post here.

100_08093.JPG

I don't have a bench vice 'cause I don't have a bench....lol....Necessity is the mother of invention....or some shit like that! It works great too!!!!!!!

So how's the hash making coming along? I've seen you asking a lot of questions (thanks, it's helped me out a lot too!), what are the results? Or did I miss that post?

Wow, too many questions1

Did okay with it. Actually I did it as a learning experiment and made 4 small batches. I think I got it down now! ..I posted a pix of my ghetto press...;)

wow! looks like a high quality press! I really like the bigger size pucks it makes. Yup, I have a little envy also! lol

Here are some others.

Stainless steel version first. Little stronger, last longer, but more pricey. Usually around $50 each

clay_extruder.jpg

Then they make an aluminum version also. These ones can break when applying tons of force, but when done right works perfectly. Little cheaper too at around $20 a pop

clay_extruder_2.jpg

Use the inserts provided. Use the one with the smallest opening. You can then put two dimes to press on the hash, leaving the imprint of which ever side of the dime you use. You can get more creative and use the different shaped inserts with backings to only press the shape on, and not extrude the hash through. Works great.

Honestly, heating them up to 150-180F in the oven, and using a rolling pen or a bottle, gives me little trouble. Hence the 20 gram slab you saw me previously post. I supposed if I had a bench vice, I could slap on of them in there and really get the pressure on, but I've noticed no difference in the quality.

I'm told that the tighter it's pressed thou, the longer it'll keep as THC/CBDs can break down when oxidized, but I've pulled out 20G slabs that are over a year old, and noticed no difference.. Perhaps the tinfoil keeps the air off the product?

Honestly, heating them up to 150-180F in the oven, and using a rolling pen or a bottle, gives me little trouble. Hence the 20 gram slab you saw me previously post. I supposed if I had a bench vice, I could slap on of them in there and really get the pressure on, but I've noticed no difference in the quality.

I'm told that the tighter it's pressed thou, the longer it'll keep as THC/CBDs can break down when oxidized, but I've pulled out 20G slabs that are over a year old, and noticed no difference.. Perhaps the tinfoil keeps the air off the product?

You da man, SciFi! All of my DIY hash was oven baked at 175 degrees and rollled with a beer bottle.

And that 20 gram slab you showed us.............

Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom