Hash Oil: brown/yellow

are you useing the stalk aswell? if you are that could be the trouble. i dry my leaf or bud bone dry then push it through a fine steel sieve to remove any stalk and its always so golden. hope you crack it as the golder the better

either the weed has something left in it or the steel tube has an oily film on it.
also if you grow your own weed you can ge t much better hash.
you might want to try making pollen oil instead its alot stronger.:surf:

pollen oil???

i didnt know we were just making things up now

IF I have what he's saying right it's a method I've used successfully myself. You collect your Keif or Polln or whatever you prefer to call it by whatever means you use (I use a 8 bag bubble bag set). Then you run butane through what you collected. You're running the butane through less plant matter this way. The draw back is that depending on your hashing making process some thc can be lost there. If you grow your own and have a good supply this hardly hurts. At least it never bothers me.

The oil is first rate!

Good luck!

Indicana.

either u have not enuf dried bud or not using real buds, only cuttings(cutting's depend unless u are using hash plant).NO STEMS PLEASE OF ANY KIND, EVEN FROM BUDS.Harder u work the harder the stone.

Butane will wash the trichomes off WHATEVER material you use and very quickly too.

Having stems in the material never seemed to be a problem, just "not much point" lol.

If your material is of the dry and crumbly variety then you're probably just washing some of it into your collection device along with the actives.

If you're using fresh unground bud then you shouldn't have any contaminates (well, maybe a bit of chlorophyll?). You may have less product but it will be pure as soon as the butane evaporates (and at 4.6°F that's pretty quick).

Make sure that your butane is of premium quality. If you've got a clean glass and you dispense a measurable amount of butane into it, after it boils off there should be nothing left in the glass.

Have used buds broken up a little bit, have used trim, and a mixture of the two. Used a piece of pvc pipe with end caps, one with one hole for the butane to enter and the other looking like a salt-shaker top for the butane to flow out.

Poorly broken up buds seemed to be the cleanest, although not 100% of the trichomes were washed off (don't have a qualifier - just gave the "used" buds to a friend and he said they got him there) but the end result was PURE. Using dry crumbly trim the results were somewhat less so (also quite a bit less end product). I would assume that was because SOME amount of the crumbles were small enough to get washed through the "salt-shaker holes."

Don't worry man.... making and smoking oil and hash is always trial and error
i made Plenty of my own mistakes
thanks for finally responding haha

I know this is more than ten years old, but, "golden Honey oil" may and often does, turn brown with age, as well, if it is allowed to last awhile, in contact with air, in a sealed container, that is opened /used from time to time. That seldom happens for me now, since I do not have access to low cost, abundant, good , honey oil these days. Fresh is always better. If you know an easy/cheap/safe way to keep it golden longer, in a dispensing container, let us know! The oil in my bottles that are about a year or more old, turn brown. They once were golden honey in appearance. I am using them up now, more quickly.(because I have much less) :smokin: If you just read this, it is proof of my belief, that old threads are still valuable/interesting and worthy of commenting about and /or responding to. PS. in tightly sealed, stored in a dark and cool place and in fully filled, glass bottles, never opened, the oil stays honey colored, maybe, about a year(longer ,I don't know about) , from my experience, so it could be simple oxidation or light exposure. Perhaps a CO2 flush before sealing is called for?

Colder the iso the more golden it will be how come nobody mentions this in any honey oil thread.....my dad always did say it was a 500$ secret lol keep ur iso in the freezer keep the bud in the freezer keep everything S cold as possible the colder the more yellow I have seen almost clear honey oil Asin clear like a window but that might have been from cutting early while trichomes were silver n shiny prehaps.well that's my two pennies ?? Lol my honey is never brown at the start

Colder the iso the more golden it will be how come nobody mentions this in any honey oil thread.....my dad always did say it was a 500$ secret lol keep ur iso in the freezer keep the bud in the freezer keep everything S cold as possible the colder the more yellow I have seen almost clear honey oil Asin clear like a window but that might have been from cutting early while trichomes were silver n shiny prehaps.well that's my two pennies ?? Lol my honey is never brown at the start
Thanks for jumping in my friend. :thanks:
Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link.
Do you have a garden on the go?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

exactly...the colder the better. 99% USP iso* or nothing...every other iso has chemical blended into it. filtering is important too. i run it through coffee filters three times and let it sit in the sun or in the grow room in clear jugs for a couple three hours. it turns from a hint of green to a nice honey color. the light strips the chlorophyll. not burning it and getting 100% of the iso and water out is important. i use a digital hot plate to evap 99% of the solution off on a glass pie plate...it never burns this way. i let my final bit of solution sit in a mini crock pot { presidents choice with the glass lid and blue light works the best...dont ask how i found this out. lol } in a stainless cup floating in veg oil like a double boiler. it sits exactly at 220 degrees for 3-4 hours to get all the iso and water out. once i see zero bubbles i let it sit for another hour. then suck it up into a glass syringe and squirt it into 5 gram jugs. it looks like golden corn syrup when im done. i only let my bud sit in the freezing iso for 3 mins. then wash it again never taking anything out of the freezer till all the solution is wrung out of the buds. i even found a wine press to squeeze out the iso trapped in the bud i couldnt get out before. the longer you let the bud sit in the iso the darker your solution will be. eons ago we used ether to strip it and got honey oil after going through activated charcoal like they make shatter these days with butane. speaking of butane you should do the mirror test if you use a diff brand. they put a small amount of oil in the butane can so it doesnt rust inside. my .02cents

once you get cold solution in glass jugs, never screw the cap down tight...let it come to room temp with it being able to breath. i had a one gallon jug explode inside my house in the winter with the furnace and water heater going. how it didnt grenade is beyond me. now i always put glass jugs inside a stainless pot for a backup if it decides to do that again.

* The USP or US Pharmacopeia is the organization that sets the bar for potency and purity of chemicals in order for them to be considered pharmaceutical grade, which is a very high purity grade of chemical or solvent that is safe to be used in many pharmaceutical and personal care products.

Welcome, there are lots of write ups using cold to extract oil. even better if you live somewhere.
cold like me. Most freezers can only get down to -22 c. I make my oil outside when temps hit -30c or lower after I make some winter hash

My oil technique from article I read.

2 GREAT articles:
Super-Cooled QWET Wash for Cannabis Extraction Using Dry Ice

&

CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER

My oil from -55f extraction with
Everclear alcohol & dryice with soak time extraction of 25 minutes. 1st filter used for expediting wash from herb is a 75u micron clean bubble hash bag filter &
2nd filter is a brown coffee filter
20-25u microns
Hot electric skillet for alcohol evaporation & coffee warmer for final oil concentration (removes any residual water alcohol is long gone).
For those of you who unaware
this super cold extraction technique removes about 30 to 33% of undesirables…such as
Chlorophyll, lipids, fats, waxes, & other undesirables…
I have proven this by doing it at room temperature and the cold technique— and weighing both end results before and after.

((I am also a firm believer in bud Washing and I do it before I make any extracts, I have found no difference in the end product, whether smoking it or not… vs NOT bud washing))
Been doing this for over 5 years.

IMG_7783.png
IMG_7781.png
IMG_7784.png
IMG_7782.png
IMG_7780.png
IMG_7786.png

Finish it off on my coffee warmer, stir until micro (residual water) bubbles disappear— alcohol is long gone !
((Note: Everclear has been repeatedly distilled to create a pure, clear, and unscented product))
Without going to a dispensary, it is the cleanest oil I can find and HELL I trust it I made it …!

IMG_7779.png

My oil technique from article I read.

2 GREAT articles:
Super-Cooled QWET Wash for Cannabis Extraction Using Dry Ice

&

CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER

My oil from -55f extraction with
Everclear alcohol & dryice with soak time extraction of 25 minutes. 1st filter used for expediting wash from herb is a 75u micron clean bubble hash bag filter &
2nd filter is a brown coffee filter
20-25u microns
Hot electric skillet for alcohol evaporation & coffee warmer for final oil concentration (removes any residual water alcohol is long gone).
For those of you who unaware
this super cold extraction technique removes about 30 to 33% of undesirables…such as
Chlorophyll, lipids, fats, waxes, & other undesirables…
I have proven this by doing it at room temperature and the cold technique— and weighing both end results before and after.

((I am also a firm believer in bud Washing and I do it before I make any extracts, I have found no difference in the end product, whether smoking it or not… vs NOT bud washing))
Been doing this for over 5 years.

IMG_7783.png
IMG_7781.png
IMG_7784.png
IMG_7782.png
IMG_7780.png
IMG_7786.png

Finish it off on my coffee warmer, stir until micro (residual water) bubbles disappear— alcohol is long gone !
((Note: Everclear has been repeatedly distilled to create a pure, clear, and unscented product))
Without going to a dispensary, it is the cleanest oil I can find and HELL I trust it I made it …!

IMG_7779.png
Pics after my Bud washing… harvest fresh plants…now I know my end product will be squeaky clean- vape anyone !!!
IMG_7831.jpeg
IMG_7836.png
IMG_7837.png

Who knew Caterpillar shit could be so big…!🧐

Back
Top Bottom