Hash question

Jmaninthemiddle420

I have a trim bin that I was going to use to extract kief from. I will be doing 3 separate dry sifts with 3 different grades. The grade A and grade B will be turned into old school hash. The third grade will be used to make edibles. I am going to purchase a nugsmasher mini to make hash oil. But my question here is what is the best method to make old school Moroccan style hash? Should I just use the hair straightener method? I’ve heard that’s not the best. Or should I just get a kief press and press it into kief.

Buy a 5 gal. beer or paint strainer bag.100 mic . Shake inside a plastic garbage bag
The best time to do this is when it's cold Helps to break the trichome stalks
later I heat on my wood stove, in metal tray ,heat & stir .wait till starts to get sticky & form into a ball

IMG_1541.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1539.JPG

In my experience, to get that morrocan style flavor out of your hash the trick is the cure. It also helps to have as little green matter as possible. It affects the flavor quite a bit.
You'll get some OK flavor if you press that grade A stuff (and maybe apply some heat) and smoke it, but unless you wrap it tight in cling film/plastic wrap and let it cure you're not going to get that moroccan taste.
Just like with bud, a good cure brings out all the flavor.

In my experience, to get that morrocan style flavor out of your hash the trick is the cure. It also helps to have as little green matter as possible. It affects the flavor quite a bit.
You'll get some OK flavor if you press that grade A stuff (and maybe apply some heat) and smoke it, but unless you wrap it tight in cling film/plastic wrap and let it cure you're not going to get that moroccan taste.
Just like with bud, a good cure brings out all the flavor.
When you say “apply a little heat” would putting a hash puck in my ardent nova decarboxylator be pushing it with to much heat? It’s designed to heat cannabis to the perfect temperature but that’s for edibles

thats a cool little gizmo. Never seen one before... It should work fine as long as you don't leave it in there too long and have it in parchment paper or something that'll keep it from making a mess.
I just do it on the stove. Wrapped in parchment paper, heat each side a couple seconds, press and repeat until I get the consistency I want. Technically, old school moroccan is made with no heat and a lot of pressure, but most of us don't have the quantities or equipment you need to make it.
However you make it, curing is the key to getting that real hashy flavor IMO.

here are a couple related threads you might like.

thats a cool little gizmo. Never seen one before... It should work fine as long as you don't leave it in there too long and have it in parchment paper or something that'll keep it from making a mess.
I just do it on the stove. Wrapped in parchment paper, heat each side a couple seconds, press and repeat until I get the consistency I want. Technically, old school moroccan is made with no heat and a lot of pressure, but most of us don't have the quantities or equipment you need to make it.
However you make it, curing is the key to getting that real hashy flavor IMO.

here are a couple related threads you might like.
Would the kief coin press basically be the same it just pressure and kief

You should be OK using one of those and small amounts of kief.

at 2:40 is a good example of what the final product should look like. Outside is a sort of shiny brown, inside is still kief color (a bit darker maybe).

I have a trim bin that I was going to use to extract kief from. I will be doing 3 separate dry sifts with 3 different grades. The grade A and grade B will be turned into old school hash. The third grade will be used to make edibles. I am going to purchase a nugsmasher mini to make hash oil. But my question here is what is the best method to make old school Moroccan style hash? Should I just use the hair straightener method? I’ve heard that’s not the best. Or should I just get a kief press and press it into kief.
wax paper and a glass bottle for pressing Kief (Frenchy -The hash man - a must read for pressing !!!!) what micron/s are you using ?

150 micron
thanks - have heard the anything more than 90 micron is useless for hash making. think what it means is the quality with 45 microns one get only the heads for trichomes making the "hash" smoother - but yield of is quit little depends on amount use Frenchy the hash mans uses 160 the 220 - mean it's all good Thanks for your information

Hi, I have a couple of questions;
1. I need to convert my bud to hash. Do you think I'd be better off letting it dry more and then sift it dry or do you think a bubble hash would be better? Humidity of but is 62%
2. I plan on making bubble hash on my next grow. Generally I trim the bud then freeze the trim. When I'm ready, I make bubble with it. French says that when you put it in the water that is should be easy to break up. If it is pliable, that's not good.
3. French also does not use a 220 bag when he washes the trim. He said too much (trichomes) sticks to the bag. What do you guys think? I get it about the clogging the hose etc.

1. I need to convert my bud to hash. Do you think I'd be better off letting it dry more and then sift it dry or do you think a bubble hash would be better? Humidity of but is 62%
2. I plan on making bubble hash on my next grow. Generally I trim the bud then freeze the trim. When I'm ready, I make bubble with it. French says that when you put it in the water that is should be easy to break up. If it is pliable, that's not good.
3. French also does not use a 220 bag when he washes the trim. He said too much (trichomes) sticks to the bag. What do you guys think? I get it about the clogging the hose etc.
Frenchy sure dose know his "hash" (he's the hash master) I tend to just put trim in a plastic tub and then use it in 1 month or longer or shorter depends on me -- I never freeze (personal preference) but I dry shake no bubble hash and use a 90 - then 120 or 160 - the 220 for edibles

Yikes! I heard Frenchy wrong. In his video he says, "If it's pliable, then you're good." Because he was shaking his head when he said that, I heard,"If it's pliable, that's no good." I had to listen a few times before I could hear it right. What a relief! I thought he had contradicted himself.

Back
Top Bottom