Hash

:welcome: to :420: RPRL

Live in Ontario Canada and want to try dry sifting. I was told a screen around 110 is good. Where do you find these? Or do you have to get them from Amazon?
Just put "bubble hash kit" into your browser :nomo: ...this is my go to site, if I can't find it from the sponsors here...they also come in smaller sizes :thumb:

Bubble Hash Bags.JPG

I don’t have dry ice where I live. I’ve been just freezing my (dried) bud, crumbling it up while frozen, and then sifting it through a 120m bubble bag, and that’s been working fine.

I don’t have dry ice where I live. I’ve been just freezing my (dried) bud, crumbling it up while frozen, and then sifting it through a 120m bubble bag, and that’s been working fine.
Hey if it works :thumb: I'm kinda new to the bubble hash thing. Didn't really try it till I got an auto trimmer and it threw that dust all on the side of the bowl, scraped it off and smoked it...blew my fucking mind :lot-o-toke: been on a kick ever since

Anything from about 200 microns on down will sift out most of the chaff and give you hash. I found that kief strained through the 190m bubble bag alone was harder to stick together but this was easily solved by refining it a little further.. The 120m bag had no such trouble.

A quick google gave me a bunch of results including the ones Turbo mentioned (overpriced IMO but whatever). All you need is some lfne screen. It would be easy to DIY for cheap. I use five gallon bags but if you’re only sifting a couple ounces then 1 gallon shoulfd be fine. :thumb:

Yes. This is what that 120m batch looked like after warming in the oven and shaping.

As said anything sifted through a 200m screen or lower should be great for smoking. The larger micron sizes may contain a bit more leaf matter and are more crumbly - harder to get to glom together into what you’d normally call hash. In that case I either sifted again, through a finer screen, or used some to make an extraction with alcohol - which gave me sticky goo I mixed back in with the remaining kief. Then I could mould it into a more solid form.

Can’t really answer re the strain selection but any strain that produces decent bud with lots of trichomes will do fine. Most pure sativas wouldn’t be a good choice though. Traditional hash plants are heavy indica. Ace Seeds has a strain called Bubba Hash I’ve got my eye on.

Live in Ontario Canada and want to try dry sifting. I was told a screen around 110 is good. Where do you find these? Or do you have to get them from Amazon?
I do not know about Canada but here I see screens, bubble bags and similar accessories at some grow shops and at the shops which sell rolling papers and glass.

Some people have gotten screen material from hobby shops that sell supplies for Silk Screening.

There is a whole sub-forum on Kief and some of the threads are what you are asking about. You might want to take a look.

Yes. This is what that 120m batch looked like after warming in the oven and shaping.

As said anything sifted through a 200m screen or lower should be great for smoking. The larger micron sizes may contain a bit more leaf matter and are more crumbly - harder to get to glom together into what you’d normally call hash. In that case I either sifted again, through a finer screen, or used some to make an extraction with alcohol - which gave me sticky goo I mixed back in with the remaining kief. Then I could mould it into a more solid form.

Can’t really answer re the strain selection but any strain that produces decent bud with lots of trichomes will do fine. Most pure sativas wouldn’t be a good choice though. Traditional hash plants are heavy indica. Ace Seeds has a strain called Bubba Hash I’ve got my eye on.
Thank you, I love indica so that's not a problem. Just would like to make hash like we got in the early 80's. And home made.

There’s a very simple way that make hash that I used to use in the 80’s- doesn’t need any equipment other than bud, ice, and a container. I wrote a small how-to in one of my journals- will find you a link.

Edit- here.

This is a great way to make a small batch of hash from whatever you have around. I’ve used it for large batches as well and it works perfectly fine, but the bubble bags save the waiting for it to settle so I usually use those.

While in this post above I left the mix to sit overnight, almost all of the good stuff settles within the first two hours.

Back
Top Bottom