Hashfart has to veg for at least 8 weeks

Hello I'm hash fart and my tent is full with plants that have been flipped ! So I have to veg 2 plants outside of the tent for 8 weeks ! I was wondering if I could top all the new tops again? And if yes can I snip them all at once ?
20201105_192004.jpg

013 brings up a good point about what could happen if the plants are auto-flower.

My experience is with photo-period plants and I will say that yes, you can top them again. In a couple more weeks each stalk that you topped will have one, two and sometimes 3 new stalks. I have noticed that when there is a 3rd stalk it tends to be smaller and slower growing.

You can trim the new stalks, or topping as you call it, or let them grow some more and then tie them down in a Low Stress Training method.

It really depends on the plant and how it reacts to the soil, nutrients, watering and lights but sometimes I end up with a mini-Screen of Green without having to build, stall and then deal with the screen.

Nice looking plants.

Sounds good to top again and slow them down while waiting for space in the tent. They should just double down on the number of tops...

the only issue I see is whether or not these are autos. Yes autos can be topped - but if it’s a second topping on autos - then I don’t know what the outcome will be. Maybe others can fill in the blank
No sir they are not autos , do you think I can top all 6 at once
20201104_181621.jpg

013 brings up a good point about what could happen if the plants are auto-flower.

My experience is with photo-period plants and I will say that yes, you can top them again. In a couple more weeks each stalk that you topped will have one, two and sometimes 3 new stalks. I have noticed that when there is a 3rd stalk it tends to be smaller and slower growing.

You can trim the new stalks, or topping as you call it, or let them grow some more and then tie them down in a Low Stress Training method.

It really depends on the plant and how it reacts to the soil, nutrients, watering and lights but sometimes I end up with a mini-Screen of Green without having to build, stall and then deal with the screen.

Nice looking plants.
I'm already lst as much as I can , they have to veg for so long

Nice looking crew you have there Hashfart and since they are not autos top away... yes all at once and even if they do slow down it will send the strength back down to the roots.

what size are your buckets & how long have they been there? You may need to upcan one more time before flipping to flower. Not imperative but always something to think about. She will build roots freely in veg, but in flower she will use her existing roots to carry thru. I try to upcan about 3 to 4 weeks before flipping but many folks have their own strategy.

I’ve got to bug out but will be back later

Nice looking crew you have there Hashfart and since they are not autos top away... yes all at once and even if they do slow down it will send the strength back down to the roots.

what size are your buckets & how long have they been there? You may need to upcan one more time before flipping to flower. Not imperative but always something to think about. She will build roots freely in veg, but in flower she will use her existing roots to carry thru. I try to upcan about 3 to 4 weeks before flipping but many folks have their own strategy.

I’ve got to bug out but will be back later
I don't know if I can up pot ? My tent is 2'x2.5' ,, ,, they are 3g pots
20201104_181228.jpg
20201029_193446.jpg

yowza nice tent- there’s a shitload of room in right corner - just kidding, shes pretty full now. Anyway - then run what ya got. How many containers are in there? Is it just the 2?

You can do it in 3 gallons - I run LOS mostly water only.... no bottled nutes but fish ferts, azos, mycos, teas, recharge, eye of newt, and top dressing etc. but for soil bigger is better - the difference can be bottle feeding nutes too.

I start in solo cups, upcan to 1 gallons, then when plants are root-bound we jump up to 2 or 3 gallons and a month before flipping to flower I’m in 10‘s or 16’s mostly I’m doing airpots but have a few large totes, bags and even 35 gallon trash cans work in 9 foot ceilings

Back
Top Bottom