HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

:happy-birthday: @dynamo1!

I trimmed my original Dark Devil Auto today because I wanted to vape it for 420. :volcano-smiley:

I got 14 grams in total, which I'm happy with as I got that much last year from my first TWO Dark Devils.

Dark Devil Auto Yield - 20-Apr-21jpg.jpg

I also attempted to tidy up the Carnival this morning with Felonious' help. Let me know if it looks like we took enough off. It was hard to throw those tiny little buds away.

IMG_1946.jpeg

And, look what I got in the mail today, appropriately enough:

420 Stickers.jpg

Now, I just need seeds and nutes and I'll be good to go.

One of Felonious's Alpines is yellowing. She's currently 52 days into flower. He's currently feeding her 1g/L and he has flushed her. Let me know what you think:

IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1962.jpeg

1g/L is about 4g/gallon, so I'd bump it up to 1.25g/L (5g/gallon) and see how it goes. He could probably go to 1.35g/L and still be in a safe range, but I'd start at 1.25g/L for now.

They look good though...how long until harvest?

He was feeding them 6g/gallon because that's what the feed chart said but I told him that you rarely go above 5.5g/gal and besides that the Alpine Stars are supposed to be light feeders.

It only has a few more weeks left but I will pass along your advice. Thank you, Shed.

Had you tried the dark devil before or is yesterday’s bounty your first?
It sounds like a nice wee puff.
I found the reports of the Dark Devil high to be very interesting. When SweetSue was doing her cobs, it was her favourite cobbed strain. The only thing that acts as a dampener to me, is that most grows I see of it, don't seem to get a lot of yield from them, I wonder if guys like @Apoc who regularly pulls impressive yields from his autos would be able to grow a monster out of a Dark Devil?:smokin:

I found the reports of the Dark Devil high to be very interesting. When SweetSue was doing her cobs, it was her favourite cobbed strain. The only thing that acts as a dampener to me, is that most grows I see of it, don't seem to get a lot of yield from them, I wonder if guys like @Apoc who regularly pulls impressive yields from his autos would be able to grow a monster out of a Dark Devil?:smokin:
You can always peruse this thread!

Or scroll through these:

And there have been some normal-sized DDA grows, but they don't seem to be the standard.

Hi HashGirl :ciao: Your plants are all looking good! Well done on that LST-ing!:high-five:

Im really liking Alpine #5. :love: Congrats on that Dark Devil Harvest. Smoke report? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good morning, Boo.

The Dark Devil smelled wonderfully spicy/musky and the smoke from the bong was a little harsh so I popped some in my brand new Truva vaporizer pen and vaped it instead and it was so good.

Had you tried the dark devil before or is yesterday’s bounty your first?
It sounds like a nice wee puff.

We originally grew Dark Devil in Winter 2017 because it was SweetSue's favourite strain and I always wanted to do whatever Sue did because I love her. And, I ended up loving it as well. It's such an active high, meaning that even though I know I'm high, I'm actually productive, too so I really enjoy that.

Since then, we've grown Dark Devil a few times but I have no idea what's the highest yield we've had with them since Felonious doesn't keep track of his grows. All I know for sure is that I have almost 50 Dark Devil Auto seeds (half were bought and half are Rifleman's genetics) so I'm going to do my damndest to learn how to grow them. And, besides that, they're pretty. And, I'm all about the pretty. Just ask @ProfessorFlora . :laughtwo:

You can always peruse this thread!

Or scroll through these:

And there have been some normal-sized DDA grows, but they don't seem to be the standard.

Thanks, Shed. I've been going through the Dark Devil Community Grow Journal thread for a little while now in hopes of finding one grower who knows how to get a decent yield from this plant.

However, I find that the strain, Carnival, while not being as pretty or spicy smelling, it's a very close contender to the Dark Devil high in that, I can actually be productive with it. I am also really enjoying Big Devil XL, which was bred by the same seedmaker as Dark Devil. It has many of the same characteristics of Dark Devil and Carnival.

The advantage of growing Carnival or Big Devil XL in place of Dark Devil is certainly the yield and maybe when I've finished growing all the seeds, maybe I'll stop growing them then. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

Good evening, Peeps.

I would like your feedback. The two Dark Devils that I'm currently growing are technically part of my summer grow.

Should I either:
  • Start a new grow journal specific to the Summer Grow, or
  • Start an ongoing grow journal the way Shed, Boo and Amy have?
If I start an ongoing grow journal, can I name it Perpetual something? Felonious thought I might only be able to use Perpetual in the title if I'm actually running a perpetual grow, which I'm not.

Thanks in advance.

:Namaste:

You so silly. Look in my signature to see how to separate them. OR make another thread? :love:

I know how to make separate journals, Boo. I just want to know if I should start a new grow journal that will be my only grow journal going forward or whether I should have a new grow journal for each grow?

*** WEEKLY UPDATE ***

Good evening, friends.

I'm behind on the update due to starting my new summer grow journal yesterday among other things.

Other than moving the DDAs to my summer grow journal, not much new in the garden. However, the buds on Alpine 4 and 5 are starting to change colour and look like there's some purple in there so that's cool. ALP5 also has a bud that's growing sideways. Felonious said it probably got bent at some point and I didn't notice and now it's just growing that way but it looks good regardless. There are pics showing the bud colour and the sideways growing bud.

Here is this week's photos along with the info about them:

420 Notes.jpg

Carnival (102/29):

Photo 2 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 3 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 4 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 5 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 6 - Carn.jpeg

ALP4 (102/36):

Photo 7 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 8 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 9 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 10 - ALP4.jpeg

To be continued on the new post...

*** WEEKLY UPDATE cont'd...***

ALP5 (102/36):

Photo 11 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 12 - ALP5.jpeg

Sideways bud:

Photo 13 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 14 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 15 - ALP5.jpeg

ALP2 (102/36):

Photo 16 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 17 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 18 - ALP2.jpeg

As always, thanks for following along and if you see anything amiss, please let me know.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom