HashGirl Implements A Perpetual Grow

This will not be a perpetual grow journal. This new journal will document my attempt at starting and implementing a perpetual grow. @Emilya Green started a grow journal at the beginning of 2022 in order to record her attempt at implementing a perpetual grow and I may do the same with this journal. However, that may change if I decide it’s not necessary to go the whole year.

If you haven’t followed one of my journals before, you should know that I’m a huge believer in thinking that terpenes are the key to determining which strains work best on an individual basis. Personally, I find that strains high in the terpenes, Caryophyllene, Humulene, Myrcene, Pinene and Terpinolene work best for me so I try to find strains that have those terpenes, which can be difficult since most seed vendors don’t post that information. It is my intention to send bud out for testing once I’ve saved up enough money to do so.

I, actually, began the implementation of a perpetual grow in September. On September 18, I put 2 Jack Herer, 1 CB Dutch Treat and 1 Raspberry Cough into water. Only the Jack Herers survived. At least, I hope they’re both Jack Herers. 😉 I’ve been sick since September 24 and the labelling of the seeds was a little iffy but I’m pretty sure they’re both Jack Herers.

On October 18, I started 6 Purple Satellite seeds. The Purple Satellite seeds were a gift from the Foothills MT Tahoma Seed Fairy. ❤️ They’re regular not feminized seeds so that’s why I put 6 seeds in water. By November 4, it was obvious that only 3 were going to be viable so on November 4, I planted 2 of the Fruit Punch auto seeds I won for GJOTM in July to make up the difference. The 3 Purple Satellite seeds that germinated will be culled to 1 or 2 once the sex shows, which should be soon as they’re in their 6th week.

The Purple Satellites aren’t very big yet so I’m not 100% sure I’ll switch them to 12/12 in 11 days. And, they’re currently in 1-gallon pots so also need to be uppotted. However, I don’t want to waste ProMix on a plant who may turn out male so I’m putting it off until the sex shows. But, if all of them turn out male then I guess it won’t matter.

I made the executive decision to not start any plants on November 18 since the plants currently in veg aren’t very big yet, which is partly because I’ve been sick so I haven’t done much more than basic feeding and even some of those were water-only feedings.

The Jack Herers, Purple Satellites and Fruit Punch were introduced in my HashGirl's Summer 2022 Grow Journal. But, I will be reporting their information in here now.

It is my intention to start 4 new seeds on the 18th of every month with the next 4 seeds going into water on December 18. I picked the 18th of each month as 18 is my second favourite number, 8 being my first.

Going forward, when I choose what to grow next, I will only be planting 1 seed for any strain I haven’t tried before. I don’t need huge yields from a strain that might not be effective for me.

OTHER INFO:

Indoor or outdoor?

- 12 plants indoors in 3 tents

If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?

- one 4x4x6.5 Mars Hydro Tent
- two 4x4x6.5 Fusion Hut 600D

Medium?

- ProMix

Pots & Sizes?
- 5 gallon cloth pots

Size of light?

- Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED in all 3 tents

Are they aircooled?

- Yes.

Temp of Room/cab?

- It's approximately 70F in the tents but the seeds will be under an LED light until they're bigger.

RH of Room/cab?

- 51% currently

PH of media or res?

- N/A

Type and strength of ferts used?

- I will be using Mega Crop (a non-sponsored product) for this grow.

Without further ado, I will update you on the strains I’ve started as well as the strains I’ll be putting into water next.

The next few posts will have pics and info on each strain.

FRUIT PUNCH (1 seed) - Currently Growing

Primary Terpenes:Myrcene, Caryophyllene, Limonene
Genotype:Autoflower
Phenotype:Hybrid (Sativa-Dominant)
Breeder:Heavyweight Seeds
Genetics:Skunk x Haze x Ruderalis
Projected Flowering Time:80 days from germination
Projected Yield:800g/m2
THC %:21
CBD %:1.1

Fruit Punch Auto Strain Info
Fruit Punch Auto is a feminized autoflowering version of Heavyweight Seeds’ legendary and mouth-watering Fruit Punch, which itself is a cross between Skunk, Haze and Ruderalis. The result is a hybrid that’s 80% sativa, with a relaxing edge thanks to the Skunk and Haze genetics.

Effects
Fruit Punch Auto’s effects are happy, uplifting, talkative, social, and relaxing, making it one of the more chilled-out strains available. While this strain is most popular for social situations, it can also help to relieve stress and anxiety.

Medical Properties
As it contains 1.1% CBD, Fruit Punch Auto is useful for relieving stress and soothing anxiety. This strain’s CBD content makes it great for having an uplifting social day, before chilling out as the evening winds down.

Smell and Taste
The name of this strain really gives away its flavor. The taste and aroma of Fruit Punch Auto are sweet and fruity, with notes of lemon, lime, and mango. Its aromas are strong, reminding you of fruit and citrus. This fruity terpene profile is complemented by the strain’s pungent skunkiness. All in all, this strain will leave you feeling like you’re kicking back on a beach in a tropical paradise.

Grow Tips
Fruit Punch Auto is a great feminized cannabis strain for both newbie and expert growers. It tends to thrive in warm and sunny climates, but it’s also suitable for indoor operations the world over. It grows to a modest height while still delivering great yields. To get the most out of Fruit Punch Auto, here’s some useful grow info:
  • This strain prefers warmer and sunnier climates and environments.
  • It finishes in just 80 days from germination.
  • The plant grows to a modest height of around 80-120cm (31-47”).
  • It performs best with the Sea of Green method.
  • Lowering the night temperature in flowering by a few degrees will help exhibit its hues and colors.
Here's what Fruit Punch is supposed to look like:

And, here's what mine looks like:

420 Update - Nov 4 to Dec 7.jpg

Day 0:

Day 1 - Rightside Up:

Day 1 - Upside Down:

Day 11:

Day 14:

Day 28:

As per @BooWho2 's instructions, I topped her when I saw pistils.

Stay tuned for the next one.

JACK HERER (2 seeds)

Primary Terpenes:Terpinolene, Caryophyllene, Pinene
Genotype:Photoperiod
Breeder:Vision Seeds
Genetics:Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #5 x Haze
Projected Flowering Time:49 to 63 days
Projected Yield:500g / sq metre
THC %:15-20
CBD %:<1

The Jack Herer is a sativa dominant strain, a cross between Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. It was named this way in honor of Jack Herer by Ben Dronkers, founder of the Sensi Seed Bank. Jack Herer is a very popular strain, winning the High Times Cannabis Cup several years in a row. The Jack Herer strain has a light green color with light orange to brown hairs covering it. Amazing quality medical cannabis producing dense, easy to work with buds. Taste and smell are skunky, sharp musky and spicy. It gives you a light headed almost euphoric feeling which can be felt almost instantly. Jack Herer is considered to be among the world’s finest.

Jack Herer Strain Typical Effects
Right with the first puff, a potent head buzz provides an energizing, mind-clearing influence. The high increases focus, creativity and purifies from unnecessary thoughts. After some time, the body will also catch up with a calming sensation without affecting its functionality. On top of that, a feeling of euphoria and ease can result in an engaging conversation or meditations.

At the same time, this weed can alleviate stress, anxiety, and depression. It is also known to have relieving effects when dealing with migraines and body pains. The side effects are mostly similar to other strains, so the only thing to avoid is overconsumption. But some reviewers state that it is possible to feel an increased frequency of heartbeats. Again, it is important to mention that it is a bad idea to treat insomnia with this marijuana.

Growing Information
Fortunately for growers, the seeds are available for purchase on the Internet. The difficulty of growing this plant is moderate due to the necessity of regular trimming and its climate requirements. Jack Herer strain can be grown indoors or outdoors. When raising indoors, the flowering cycle takes about 10 weeks, and the plant requires constant trimming due to its height. For outdoor cultivation, it demands a Mediterranean climate with a temperature of about 72-80 degrees Fahrenheit. The harvest time is during mid and late October.

What Jack Herer is supposed to look like:

And, here's what mine look like:

Day 0:

JH1 - Day 17:

JH1 - Day 27:

JH1 - Day 36:

JH1 - Day 46:

Both Jack Herers were uppotted to 5-gallon pots on Day 58.

Can't forget the @DYNOMYCO :

JH1 - Day 58:

JH1 - Day 65:

JH1 - Day 76:

JH2 - Day 27:

The pipe cleaners are to keep the leaves off the dirt:

JH2 - Day 36:

JH2 - Day 46:

JH2 - Day 65:

JH2 - Day 76:

To be continued...

I don't know what's going on with the pics of the uppotting but they're obviously in the wrong order and because I'm supposed to be uploading all my pics to the 420 photo gallery, I can't see what the pics are except on Preview, which I am finding challenging right now. I'm sure most of my followers should be able to figure it out. ;)

PURPLE SATELLITE (6 regular seeds)

Primary Terpenes:Unknown
Phenotype:Sativa (Landrace)
Breeder:ACE Seeds via the seed fairy from the Foothills of MT Tahoe
Genetics:1979 Oaxacan gold purple IBL x Nepalese Sativa
Projected Flowering Time:63 to 70 days
Projected Yield:High
THC %:20
CBD %:<1

Purple Satellite is a cross of two Inbred lines: Oaxacan Gold kept from 1979 and a high altitude pure Nepalese sativa. The Oaxacan bumps up the potency immensely.

Purple Satellite is one of the earliest sativa of its quality available to northern growers, coming in before most of the others, finishing when the sun is still high and strong for extra trichome production, with great mold resistance. Remember to mind your nutes starting in early flower.

Plants are very consistent and may look like clones. Almost all will develop pink to fuchsia pistils and purple in the calyx even without a chill period.

The smell of plants in mid to later bloom are seriously strong cherry that fills the air upon finishing the smell gets more complex with a fragrance of pine, incense with a touch of berry that carries into the very smooth smoke.

What Purple Satellite is supposed to look like:

Purple Satellite.jpeg

And, here are my pics:

420 Update - Purple Satellites.jpg

PS - Day 0:

PS Seeds-a -Day 0.jpeg

PS Seeds-b-Day 0.jpeg

Purple Satellite Peat Pods:

PS & FP Seed Pods-a.jpeg

PS & FP Seed Pods-b - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

PS1 - Day 4:

If you look closely, you can see the leaves are already purple in the middle.

PS1 - Day 24:

PS1 - Day 41:

PS2 - Day 4:

PS2 - Day 11:

PS2 - Day 24:

PS2 - Day 41 (I apologize for the poor lighting but these were under yellow lighting, which was marginally better than the laundry room's weak light):

Oops, forgot about PS3. Here we go:

PS3 - Day 4:

PS3 - Day 24:

PS3 - Day 27:

PS3 - Day 41 :

Those are all the plants I've already started and since it's already a lot of info, I'll post which strains are next closer to the 18th.

Thanks for following along. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome.

Hey HG,

Good luck with your perpetual grow. So you're going to flip based on calendar and not plant size it sounds like. I grow perpetually as well and used to do 1 plant per month like you're planning, so I'm looking forward to the show!

Thanks for the mention and good luck on this project! :nicethread::woohoo::green_heart:

New grow Hash . :thumb:

All the best for the perpetual HG! Hoping this soon finds you feeling back to full strength yourself.

As Mel said, :ciao:

Good luck HashGirl :goodluck:

Good luck going perpetual HG. I always find your presentation very user friendly. Thanks for that.

You sure have been busy behind the scenes HashGirl! Sweet lineup!

Thanks everyone. I'm happy you're all here.

Hey HG,

Good luck with your perpetual grow. So you're going to flip based on calendar and not plant size it sounds like. I grow perpetually as well and used to do 1 plant per month like you're planning, so I'm looking forward to the show!

Hey Azi. I'm planning on going by the calendar AND the size of the plant as shown with this statement:

I made the executive decision to not start any plants on November 18 since the plants currently in veg aren’t very big yet, which is partly because I’ve been sick so I haven’t done much more than basic feeding and even some of those were water-only feedings.

I will also not flip a plant to 12/12 on the 18th if I deem it's not ready yet. I'm still deciding whether I will flip the Purple Satellites on December 18 as they aren't very big yet and besides that, if they're males, I won't want them in the flower tent. However, the 2 Jack Herers and the Fruit Punch will be flipped on December 18.

Hi HashGirl - cripes, you are going to be busy :morenutes:

Caught my eye because JH is a favourite of mine, and 8 is my lucky number too
It's gonna be gr8 :cool:

Thanks, Roy. I love Jack Herer, too and have grown it before.

Hey Azi. I'm planning on going by the calendar AND the size of the plant as shown with this statement:

I will also not flip a plant to 12/12 on the 18th if I deem it's not ready yet. I'm still deciding whether I will flip the Purple Satellites on December 18 as they aren't very big yet and besides that, if they're males, I won't want them in the flower tent. However, the 2 Jack Herers and the Fruit Punch will be flipped on December 18.
In my perpetual I usually flip a plant to fill a hole in flower even if it's not quite ready because if I wait and have unused flower space for a while, that reverberates down the line from that point forward. With a harvest every month you actually get an extra cycle or two a year vs 3 separate seed to harvest runs. You actually get more end product that way but if you have some down time in the flower room you can lose that extra harvest advantage.

Looking forward to watch how the process works out for you.

Hey @HashGirl, good luck on your perpetual grow – I'm very much looking forward to seeing some buds. I haven't grown any of those strains.

As you know, I have an outdoor perpetual grow; however, mine is based on cloning. It will be interesting to see how yours unfolds as an indoor one based on seeds.

happy growing! 🌱

I will be putting 4 seeds in water on December 18 and this strain is one of them:

BRUCE BANNER #3 (1 seed)

Primary Terpenes:Pinene, Caryophyllene, Ocimene, Myrcene
Breeder:@Herbies Seeds
Genetics:OG Kush x Strawberry Diesel
Projected Flowering Time:60 to 70 days
Projected Yield:600-800g/m2
THC %:27

Bruce Banner #3 Strain Info
The ultimate strain for the cannabis high-flyer, this powerhouse bud can break even the most stubborn tolerance. It’s no wonder Bruce Banner #3 reaches sky-high potency either with her revolutionary lineage and Sativa dominance that is sure to make an impact, displaying 60% Sativa and 40% Indica for a comfortable combination of effects and delectable flavors.

Effects
One satisfying hit will have you instantly soaring through the clouds with a euphoric Sativa boost of bubbly energy followed by a soothing after-effect of Indica giving just enough sedation to ease your tension and leave you feeling happy and relaxed for hours. Smoke this THC-rich strain during the daytime or to wind down in the early evenings. However, start with one hit, and go from there, smoking too much too quickly may cause your face to go green, and not in the cool way!

Medical Properties
This strain is perfect for medicinal users too and can turn a bad day around in seconds, treating ailments such as depression and PTSD.

Smell And Taste
Heavy, yet sweet at the same time, each puff is a superhero action scene for your tastebuds. As if created by some sci-fi gamma radiation experiment, Bruce Banner #3 has a terpene profile out of this world. The smoke is a little rough around the edges with an appetizing diesel flavor lightened up seamlessly with a sweet and fruity finishing.

Grow Tips
Stronger Sativa features can be seen when growing this spectacular plant along with enormously dense buds that are lavishly coated in some of the most potent resin worldwide. Plants grow tremendously well outdoors, reaching monstrous heights of almost 3 meters (118”)! However, indoors this plant can still be grown discretely at a height of around 90cm (35”). To give this green behemoth a fair chance to shine, here is some grow info for guidance:
  • To keep your grow operation discrete, consider training your plants to reduce their height using methods like LST, etc.
  • Depending on your preferences, harvest earlier for more pronounced cerebral effects, and allow it to mature slightly longer for a more calming experience.
  • Include some light trimming to your grow routine. Trim away bottom fan leaves to allow your bud to expand.
Here's what it's supposed to look like:

BRUCEBANNER_3.jpg

I will be putting 4 seeds in water on December 18 and this strain is one of them:

BRUCE BANNER #3 (1 seed)

Primary Terpenes:Pinene, Caryophyllene, Ocimene, Myrcene
Breeder:@Herbies Seeds
Genetics:OG Kush x Strawberry Diesel
Projected Flowering Time:60 to 70 days
Projected Yield:600-800g/m2
THC %:27

Bruce Banner #3 Strain Info
The ultimate strain for the cannabis high-flyer, this powerhouse bud can break even the most stubborn tolerance. It’s no wonder Bruce Banner #3 reaches sky-high potency either with her revolutionary lineage and Sativa dominance that is sure to make an impact, displaying 60% Sativa and 40% Indica for a comfortable combination of effects and delectable flavors.

Effects
One satisfying hit will have you instantly soaring through the clouds with a euphoric Sativa boost of bubbly energy followed by a soothing after-effect of Indica giving just enough sedation to ease your tension and leave you feeling happy and relaxed for hours. Smoke this THC-rich strain during the daytime or to wind down in the early evenings. However, start with one hit, and go from there, smoking too much too quickly may cause your face to go green, and not in the cool way!

Medical Properties
This strain is perfect for medicinal users too and can turn a bad day around in seconds, treating ailments such as depression and PTSD.

Smell And Taste
Heavy, yet sweet at the same time, each puff is a superhero action scene for your tastebuds. As if created by some sci-fi gamma radiation experiment, Bruce Banner #3 has a terpene profile out of this world. The smoke is a little rough around the edges with an appetizing diesel flavor lightened up seamlessly with a sweet and fruity finishing.

Grow Tips
Stronger Sativa features can be seen when growing this spectacular plant along with enormously dense buds that are lavishly coated in some of the most potent resin worldwide. Plants grow tremendously well outdoors, reaching monstrous heights of almost 3 meters (118”)! However, indoors this plant can still be grown discretely at a height of around 90cm (35”). To give this green behemoth a fair chance to shine, here is some grow info for guidance:
  • To keep your grow operation discrete, consider training your plants to reduce their height using methods like LST, etc.
  • Depending on your preferences, harvest earlier for more pronounced cerebral effects, and allow it to mature slightly longer for a more calming experience.
  • Include some light trimming to your grow routine. Trim away bottom fan leaves to allow your bud to expand.
Here's what it's supposed to look like:

BRUCEBANNER_3.jpg
Super HG. You'll like this one.
I'm still trying to find out what the difference is between the #2 and the #3 Bruce Banner. Any ideas?
I'm loving my #2 and will definitely grow it again.

Back
Top Bottom