HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Clementine, Gelato & Pineapple Express In ProMix

It's been a while since I posted anything here. None of the Purple Kushes germinated so I'm trying a different strain. To replace the Purple Kushes, I have 2 seeds of Aurora Indica, of which one has been planted and I'm hoping for a little longer tail on the second one before I plant it.

4' x 4' x 6.5' Fusion Hut 600D - Study Laundry Room

GELATO x2 - Major Terpenes include (in order of most to least) Caryophyllene, Limonene, Humulene:

For this strain to flourish, the environment should be kept humid and warm.

I picked Aurora Indica to replace the kushes because they both appear to prefer warm and humid and even though I wanted to grow these in the study because it's cooler and therefore, I might get more colour, I have taken Shed's advice below and the Gelatos and the Aurora Indicas will go in the tent in the laundry room, which is a little warmer.

This caught my eye:

But...

Here is the info about Aurora Indica:

AURORA INDICA x2 - Major Terpenes include (in order of most to least) Myrcene, Caryophyllene, Pinene:

Aurora Indica feminized cannabis strain is an impressive example of Nirvana Seeds breeders’ hard work. Created by crossing Northern Light and Afghani, this bud has all properties to fit the needs of every grower: easy to grow and compact bushes, amazing purple colors, average yields of 400-500 g/m², short flowering and well-balanced THC:CBD ratio. A real find for Indica fans!

Aurora Indica by Nirvana Seeds has Northern Light and Afghani basis making it a powerful strain with couch-locking effect and good yields both indoors and outdoors. Being a descendant of two Indica plants, this beauty doesn’t change traditions and demonstrate typical Indica specifications. These feminized cannabis seeds grow into short bushes displaying gorgeous purple hints with numerous side colas and very dense buds. With 90% of Indica genes, Aurora Indica has a typical compact-size structure and doesn’t need a lot of care. The strain can be easily cultivated by novice growers but there are two nuances:
  • Good humidity control is obligatory as mature buds are full of resin and problems with mold may occur. It is not difficult to keep things under control and elementary dehumidifier will help for sure;
  • Aurora Indica has a very pungent and noticeable odor so it is better to use good coal filter to avoid unwanted attention.
Aurora Indica’s flowering period indoors takes only 7-9 weeks, so growers can expect a harvest in really short terms. Proper care and good conditions of growing will make it real to chop 500 grams per square meter under 600W lights. Outdoor harvest usually comes in early October but sometimes Aurora Indica is ready to be cut in late September.

The Aurora Indica cannabis strain displays fruity and floral aromas with spicy hints. It has a high and well-balanced CBD and THC content, that is why the strain is widely used for medicinal purposes to treat insomnia, pain and sleep disorders. This little lady provides a long-lasting body-stone with a strong couch-lock effect so it is better to postpone all important tasks if you are going to spend an evening with Aurora Indica. The buzz is very intoxicating and deep. Be ready to empty your fridge and spend a couple of hours in a cozy spot.

When properly trimmed, flowers of Aurora are usually medium to large in size. They have a distinctive conical shape, tapering from a broad base into a narrow, pointed tip. These fat nuggets have the density and compact structure typically associated with indicas. The tightly-curled leaves are a pale sea green and are twisted through with rich brown and red pistils. Finally, cloudy white trichomes cover the inner and outer nooks and crannies of Aurora’s flowers, making their light-colored leaves appear even paler. It is considered a forgiving grow and can be especially user-friendly for newcomers to cultivation.

Aurora can be grown indoors or outdoors in a semi-humid climate with daytime temperatures between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Its flowering time is unusually long for an indica, at between 9 and 11 weeks when grown indoors; it is ready for harvest in mid-September when grown outdoors. Once mature, Aurora offers growers a modest yield of about 28 to 37 grams (or 1.3 ounces) of flower per square foot of plant. Finally, Aurora can be a very pungent crop -- growers trying to maintain discretion should outfit their growing spaces with odor control measures like exhaust fans.

Aurora Indica Characteristics.jpg

Here are the pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GEL1 - Day 18:

Photo 2 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GEL1.jpeg

GEL2 - Day 17:

Photo 4 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 5 - GEL2.jpeg

Aurora Indica Seeds:

Photo 6 - Aurora Seeds.jpeg

I only planted the seed with the longer tail. I'm hoping the other tail will get a bit longer before I plant it.

AUR1:

Photo 7 - AUR1.jpeg

That's all for now. Thank you for following along. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

It's been a while since I posted anything here. None of the Purple Kushes germinated so I'm trying a different strain. To replace the Purple Kushes, I have 2 seeds of Aurora Indica, of which one has been planted and I'm hoping for a little longer tail on the second one before I plant it.

I picked Aurora Indica to replace the kushes because they both appear to prefer warm and humid and even though I wanted to grow these in the study because it's cooler and therefore, I might get more colour, I have taken Shed's advice below and the Gelatos and the Aurora Indicas will go in the tent in the laundry room, which is a little warmer.

AURORA INDICA x2 - Major Terpenes include (in order of most to least) Myrcene, Caryophyllene, Pinene:

Aurora Indica feminized cannabis strain is an impressive example of Nirvana Seeds breeders’ hard work. Created by crossing Northern Light and Afghani, this bud has all properties to fit the needs of every grower: easy to grow and compact bushes, amazing purple colors, average yields of 400-500 g/m², short flowering and well-balanced THC:CBD ratio. A real find for Indica fans!

Aurora Indica by Nirvana Seeds has Northern Light and Afghani basis making it a powerful strain with couch-locking effect and good yields both indoors and outdoors. Being a descendant of two Indica plants, this beauty doesn’t change traditions and demonstrate typical Indica specifications. These feminized cannabis seeds grow into short bushes displaying gorgeous purple hints with numerous side colas and very dense buds. With 90% of Indica genes, Aurora Indica has a typical compact-size structure and doesn’t need a lot of care. The strain can be easily cultivated by novice growers but there are two nuances:
  • Good humidity control is obligatory as mature buds are full of resin and problems with mold may occur. It is not difficult to keep things under control and elementary dehumidifier will help for sure;
  • Aurora Indica has a very pungent and noticeable odor so it is better to use good coal filter to avoid unwanted attention.
Aurora Indica’s flowering period indoors takes only 7-9 weeks, so growers can expect a harvest in really short terms. Proper care and good conditions of growing will make it real to chop 500 grams per square meter under 600W lights. Outdoor harvest usually comes in early October but sometimes Aurora Indica is ready to be cut in late September.

The Aurora Indica cannabis strain displays fruity and floral aromas with spicy hints. It has a high and well-balanced CBD and THC content, that is why the strain is widely used for medicinal purposes to treat insomnia, pain and sleep disorders. This little lady provides a long-lasting body-stone with a strong couch-lock effect so it is better to postpone all important tasks if you are going to spend an evening with Aurora Indica. The buzz is very intoxicating and deep. Be ready to empty your fridge and spend a couple of hours in a cozy spot.

When properly trimmed, flowers of Aurora are usually medium to large in size. They have a distinctive conical shape, tapering from a broad base into a narrow, pointed tip. These fat nuggets have the density and compact structure typically associated with indicas. The tightly-curled leaves are a pale sea green and are twisted through with rich brown and red pistils. Finally, cloudy white trichomes cover the inner and outer nooks and crannies of Aurora’s flowers, making their light-colored leaves appear even paler. It is considered a forgiving grow and can be especially user-friendly for newcomers to cultivation.

Aurora can be grown indoors or outdoors in a semi-humid climate with daytime temperatures between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Its flowering time is unusually long for an indica, at between 9 and 11 weeks when grown indoors; it is ready for harvest in mid-September when grown outdoors. Once mature, Aurora offers growers a modest yield of about 28 to 37 grams (or 1.3 ounces) of flower per square foot of plant. Finally, Aurora can be a very pungent crop -- growers trying to maintain discretion should outfit their growing spaces with odor control measures like exhaust fans.

Here are the pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GEL1 - Day 18:

Photo 2 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GEL1.jpeg

GEL2 - Day 17:

Photo 4 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 5 - GEL2.jpeg

Aurora Indica Seeds:

I only planted the seed with the longer tail. I'm hoping the other tail will get a bit longer before I plant it.

AUR1:

Photo 7 - AUR1.jpeg

That's all for now. Thank you for following along. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Sorry about the PK, but the Aurora's sound sweet and the name is super cool. Lol. Good luck! Don't feel any pressure, we're all watching you to see what you do all the time every second. But don't feel pressured.

LMAO! Just high and kidding around! Have fun. Good vibes for your grow.

I sprayed the Gelatos and the Dark Devils with Safer's this morning as they were all in the same tent. I haven't cleaned the tent they were in yet because I had a physio appointment for my shoulders this morning. Since the majority of them were autos, I just left them out of the tent until I got home. Then, I rinsed them all off with water and moved the Dark Devils into the tent in the laundry room until I get the other tent cleaned (probably tomorrow).

The Gelatos and the Auroras would normally be on our grow rack but I've been turning the light off at 6 p.m. so that the Carnival outside the window doesn't get mixed signals. I have 2 options for them going forward. Either I put them in a tent on a table or something (probably what I'm going to do if I can find something tall enough to put them on) or hang a dark towel from the rack and create sort of like blackout curtains.

Also, Aurora 2's taproot was long enough to plant today so I did. Here are the pics:

IMG_5510.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

And, now we wait. :nervous-guy:

I sprayed the Gelatos and the Dark Devils with Safer's this morning as they were all in the same tent. I haven't cleaned the tent they were in yet because I had a physio appointment for my shoulders this morning. Since the majority of them were autos, I just left them out of the tent until I got home. Then, I rinsed them all off with water and moved the Dark Devils into the tent in the laundry room until I get the other tent cleaned (probably tomorrow).

The Gelatos and the Auroras would normally be on our grow rack but I've been turning the light off at 6 p.m. so that the Carnival outside the window doesn't get mixed signals. I have 2 options for them going forward. Either I put them in a tent on a table or something (probably what I'm going to do if I can find something tall enough to put them on) or hang a dark towel from the rack and create sort of like blackout curtains.

Also, Aurora 2's taproot was long enough to plant today so I did. Here are the pics:

IMG_5510.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

And, now we wait. :nervous-guy:
It might give you some ideas to check out what I do outside to block light. I've found a box cut into separate sides makes a nice light shield and is light and big and easy to maneuver. That's mostly what I use, and it is easily shaped and all that. Beats blankets and stuff, I use them too if I need to. I'm with you on your infrastructure issues, totally get it. Good luck! You'll figure it out. Autos you obviously know there's no need to light seal, just photos.

Good afternoon.

My Girl Scout Cookies comparative grow journal is just about complete and all the plants have been chopped and are currently drying. So, that means that I have an empty tent. So, this is what I've decided on:

4' x 4' x 6.5' Fusion Hut 600D - Study

GELATO x2 - Major Terpenes include (in order of most to least) Caryophyllene, Limonene, Humulene:

Gelato by Crop King Seeds was made by combining two strains: Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. The result was a very powerful hybrid, with THC levels of up to 27.00%! With a flowering time of 8 to 10 weeks, Gelato produces a huge 500g outside and an even bigger 700g inside. This particular strain is best suited for experienced growers.

Gelato is a well-balanced hybrid, with 55% indica and 45% sativa. Despite being indica-dominant, Gelato offers energizing and uplifting effects. Due to its enormous 27% THC content, this strain is perfect for those who enjoy a long-lasting high. It requires very little bud to experience its strong effects.

Being indica-dominant, this strain only grows to a short or medium height, and therefore is suitable for those who are planning to grow in an indoor setup and do not have too much head space.

It should be noted that this strain is difficult to grow. While it can thrive both indoors and outdoors, growers must use the right techniques. Monitoring the process is essential. In an indoor setup, using a grow tent is the ideal method as it is easier to monitor, and adjusting the temperature and condition of the setup is possible. For this strain to flourish, the environment should be kept humid and warm.

While this strain is tough to grow, its loaded THC content and above average yields make Gelato a must-try for those who want a challenge with huge rewards.

IMG_5163.jpeg

PURPLE KUSH x2 - Major Terpenes include Humulene, Pinene, Caryophyllene, Myrcene:

Purple Kush is world renowned for its purple leaves and strong smoky taste combined with a very high THC level. The plant is short in stature with dense buds riddled with thin white and orange hairs. Purple Kush is a durable and versatile plant with frosty buds and an earthy, pungent aroma that will take you on a ride outside of your body. It flowers within 8–10 weeks and it can provide you with a high yield. The THC level is extremely high and the effect is a pure indica feeling that will make you come back for more. Not quite narcotic, it has a strong, pleasant buzz which is very relaxing and even couch locking. If you want to chill, then Purple Kush can help you.

Having a unique purple color and buds with orange and white hairs, Purple Kush has become one of the most iconic strains of our time. One look is all it takes to distinguish this plant from the others. Its scent is distinctly pungent, so there is no mistaking it once a little Purple Kush bud is brought into a room.

Capable of thriving both indoors and outdoors, this strain is classified as an easy to moderate grow. Flowering takes an average length of time, and the yields are fantastic. Indoors, this plant can produce up to 400g of dense buds. Outdoors, that number becomes 250g.

The THC content of Purple Kush is amazingly high at over 24%. Unlike most high THC strains, Purple Kush is not highly psychedelic. Instead, this strain will keep you glued to the couch for hours on end while keeping your muscles soothed and relaxed and the mind drifting pleasantly. This is the perfect smoke for those lazy Sundays when you just want to lie down and experience a deep level of calm.

IMG_5162.jpeg

I currently have 2 Jack Herers, 1 Diesel and 1 Sour Diesel in this tent but they are being moved to the large tent in the laundry room. The reasoning behind this is that Purple Kush and Gelato are both supposed be colourful strains and the tent in the study is cooler so I'm hoping for some nice purples. :battingeyelashes:

Purple-Kush-Feminized-Marijuana-Strains.png

4' x 4' x 6.5' Fusion Hut 600D - Laundry Room

After the Jack Herers and Diesels are done, the following will go in this tent:

BLUE DREAM x2 - Major Terpenes include alpha-Pinene, Myrcene, beta-Pinene, Caryophyllene (this one is for you, @dr.h00k :battingeyelashes:) :

Canuk seeds is thrilled to now offer the legendary Blue Dream!

Blue Dream commonly has a fast onset with heavy sativa effects; instant ascension with a stimulating effect. Soon after you will slip into full body relaxation and euphoria.

Blue Dream is typically more Indica in appearance, with dark blue hues throughout. The aroma usually retains the sweet and sugary blueberry flavour of the parenting genetics with haze funk.

Flowering in around 9 Weeks you can expect a large yield from Blue Dream with test results of Up to 27% THC and 2% CBD.

blue-dream-canuk-seeds-tnsb.jpg

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS x2 - Major terpenes include Caryophyllene, Myrcene, Pinene:

The Pineapple Expressed is a balanced Sativa hybrid that brings a cerebral and body high without the typical sluggish and lost in space aftermath. The low CBD level is not to be mistaken as something ineffective or useless; this strain, despite the 1% CBD level, can effectively relieve users from stress, anxiety, and depression.

It’s a cross between the Hawaiian strain and Trainwreck. The flavor and smell of its Hawaiian parent and the hard-hitting buzz of the Trainwreck make a combination that is just simply irresistible.

The Trainwreck’s main contribution is its effect; it comes on strong and fast with light but fierce notes of sweet lemon and spicy pine. In just one inhale, a feeling of euphoria gushes throughout the mind and body, awakening the creative child within and boosting brain functions. It also has pain-killing properties that put to ease ADHD and PTSB. Meanwhile, the Hawaiian parent is what we owe the vacation-like aroma. It’s a Sativa-dominant hybrid that sends users sunbathing on a beach in Hawaii. It has calming and relaxing properties that boost energy, pushing smokers to wander and venture. Although the scent is not potent, it’s tantalizing enough to make one feel like they’re on vacation.

This strain will bust consumers out of a gloomy day, filling them with bubbly energy making it an ideal option for a wake and bake. The Pineapple Express seeds themselves are also resistant to molds and common diseases, making them an excellent choice for those starting on their cannabis cultivating journey. It is a beautiful addition to a therapeutic garden but only for those with patience. This plant needs 7 to 9 weeks of flowering before gardeners are rewarded with a bountiful harvest of around 500 grams per plant.

Pineapple-Express-Feminized.jpg

3' x 3' x 6' Mars Hydro Tent - Study

Currently, I have 4 Dark Devil Autos in this tent and when they're done, the following will go there:

Northern Lights Auto x 4 - Major terpenes include Caryophyllene, Humulene, Myrcene:

Northern Lights autoflower marijuana seeds have been one of the most popular strains on the market for a long time now, and for good reason. The Northern Lights family is known for its undeniably memorable scent and one-of-a-kind stone. This is why we decided to take this beautiful plant and turn it into an auto-flowering strain.

This award-winning strain thrives in both indoor and outdoor grows. The flowering time lasts a mere 8 weeks. Northern Lights is 70% indica, 20% sativa, and 10% ruderalis. The THC content is moderate-high at 15.08%, and the yields can be anywhere between 150g outdoors and 250g indoors.

Northern Lights Autoflower produces fat, heavy, and dense frosted buds reeking of a unique combination of musk and honey on top of a full, earthy Afghan base. The effect is very much Northern Lights from beginning to end, a unique kind of high that leaves the body feeling great and the mind refreshed. As a Cannabis Cup winner and a crowd favorite, this strain is guaranteed to give you and your friends comfortable laziness and happy, mellow time. Regardless if you are growing marijuana for personal or commercial use, having Northern Lights Autoflowering is the best thing you can do to your collection.

Northern-Lights-Autoflower-Marijuana-Strains.png

OTHER INFO:

Indoor or outdoor?

- 12 plants indoors in 3 tents

If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?

- one 3x3x6 Mars Hydro Tent (4 Northern Lights Autos [first run], 4 Dark Devil Autos [second run])
- one 4x4x6.5 Mars Hydro Fusion Hut 600D - Laundry (2 Blue Dream and 2 Pineapple Express)
- one 4x4x6.5 Mars Hydro Fusion Hut 600D - Study (2 Gelato, 2 Purple Kush)

Medium?

- ProMix

Pots & Sizes?

- 3 gallon for the small tent
- 5 gallon for the larger tents

Size of light?

- Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED in all 3 tents

Are they aircooled?

- Yes.

Temp of Room/cab?

- It's approximately 70F in the tents but the seeds will be under an LED light until they're bigger.

RH of Room/cab?

- 51% currently

PH of media or res?

- N/A

Type and strength of ferts used?

- I will be using MegaCrop for this grow.

I would like to tag the following people: @Virgin Ground , @InTheShed , @BooWho2 , @Heavenly Hybrid , @Trala , @Carcass , @StoneOtter , @dynamo1 @dr.h00k , @FelipeBlu, @Jon , @DeeBoy , @Nev , @copperrein , @Emilya , @Grand Daddy Black . Anyone else is welcome to follow along.
HashGirl, wanted to see what was up next over there. You had me after scanning page 1. I will catch up…looking very interesting so far. Cheers

Here are the pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GEL1 - Day 18:

Photo 2 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GEL1.jpeg

GEL2 - Day 17:

Photo 4 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 5 - GEL2.jpeg

Aurora Indica Seeds:

AUR1:

Photo 7 - AUR1.jpeg

Wow, three tents. Cool. I know the joy of three grow areas. You must be a busy one. EXCELLENT strain selection!!! Thanks for the tag.

HashGirl, wanted to see what was up next over there. You had me after scanning page 1. I will catch up…looking very interesting so far. Cheers

:welcome: to my new journal, cr8.

Wow, three tents. Cool. I know the joy of three grow areas. You must be a busy one. EXCELLENT strain selection!!! Thanks for the tag.

:welcome: to you as well, Jon. I only have plants in 2 tents currently. And, I might be negotiating a new tent soon. :battingeyelashes:

:welcome: to my new journal, cr8.

:welcome: to you as well, Jon. I only have plants in 2 tents currently. And, I might be negotiating a new tent soon. :battingeyelashes:
Oh sorry I read wrong. Still you have a lot going on. Yay!

Hey HG.
You typically soak the seeds for 24 hrs and then move them to a paper towel?
I usually soak mine until they crack. Some older seeds,ones with more resin or just ones that have a thicker hull take more time.
Do you scarify your seeds at all?
I have had some of mine soak for up to 50ish hours before. The seed didn't drown and grew fine. If they are bad they will start to show signs of degradation, like slime forming on the seed.

I also go digging (very gently) when they fail to show above ground. I usually wait five days or so and give them a chance to show on their own.
Sometimes they corkscrew or are just planted too deep and need a little help getting to the surface. I have repositioned many seed with great success.
I don't bother with the paper towels. I plant them right after they show a little tail.

Maybe experiment? Next time you have a seed that hasn't cracked, just leave it in the water a bit longer. Of course I would only experiment if you have an extra seed or two to play with.

Try planting them one seed depth positioned on their side? I haven't had issues with wayward tap roots since I started planting them this way.
I also don't fill my sprouting pot all the way until after they sprout and have a few days to grow. I usually fill them 3/4 full.
Some seedlings stretch a bit. I can go back and top off the soil this way, fixing the issue.

Have a great afternoon.

Hey HG.
You typically soak the seeds for 24 hrs and then move them to a paper towel?

Yes although I have been known to leave them for 48 hours. I usually keep the older seeds in water a little longer just to give them a little extra help.

I usually soak mine until they crack. Some older seeds,ones with more resin or just ones that have a thicker hull take more time.
Do you scarify your seeds at all?

I haven't, for the most part. I actually tried to scarify the Auroras with my zester.
I have had some of mine soak for up to 50ish hours before. The seed didn't drown and grew fine. If they are bad they will start to show signs of degradation, like slime forming on the seed.

I also go digging (very gently) when they fail to show above ground. I usually wait five days or so and give them a chance to show on their own.
Sometimes they corkscrew or are just planted too deep and need a little help getting to the surface. I have repositioned many seed with great success.
I don't bother with the paper towels. I plant them right after they show a little tail.

Maybe experiment? Next time you have a seed that hasn't cracked, just leave it in the water a bit longer. Of course I would only experiment if you have an extra seed or two to play with.

Try planting them one seed depth positioned on their side? I haven't had issues with wayward tap roots since I started planting them this way.
I also don't fill my sprouting pot all the way until after they sprout and have a few days to grow. I usually fill them 3/4 full.
Some seedlings stretch a bit. I can go back and top off the soil this way, fixing the issue.

Have a great afternoon.

Thank you for this, VG. Felonious actually suggested using a toothpick to clear away some of the dirt because I might have planted them too deep. So, I did this this morning and hope it helps. They both had good taproots so I'm surprised they're not up yet.

Back
Top Bottom