HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Clementine, Gelato & Pineapple Express In ProMix

For the Gel 1, the end of the branch on the right side of the top pic needs be lower than the rightmost orange pipe cleaner for LST to be effective.
I'd leave all the existing tie downs where they are, and add tie downs farther out on all the branches to pull the ends down to just a smidge above level- although, you may need to uppot before you have room do that...

Leaving the existing tiedowns where they are will keep the branches from bowing upward in the middle when you pull the ends down, and keep them growing as straight as possible..

If I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do, then nevermind... ;)

I'd leave all the existing tie downs where they are, and add tie downs farther out on all the branches to pull the ends down to just a smidge above level- although, you may need to uppot before you have room do that...

Leaving the existing tiedowns where they are will keep the branches from bowing upward in the middle when you pull the ends down, and keep them growing as straight as possible..

If I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do, then nevermind...
I don't mind a bow in the middle as long as the end is lower than that, and preferably lower than the height of the node it's growing from. Having a bow will keep folks from breaking the stem off the trunk.

I think we're saying the same thing!

And earlier pics I've posted and Boo suggested in your thread, sticks through binder clips will enable you to tie down well beyond the edge of the pot.

I think we're saying the same thing
I think so too, I just meant that if HG leaves those tie downs where they are, and just adds more, she won't get that bow in the branches...I guess the bow doesn't really hurt anything, I just try and keep the branches pretty straight...which, now that I think about it, doesn't really matter in the long run... ;)

Agree about the binder clips too, I just hadn't considered using them in a smaller pot...probably because I don't start training until they're in their final pot...sometimes, I'm a little slow on the uptake... :)

I have seeds for the next 2 strains in water.
:woohoo: You got this.
I’m excited about your Pineapple Express. I’ve never even smoked any but I’ve always been intrigued about it ever since the movie.

We bought some Pineapple Express from a dispensary and I loved the high. It was quite racy.

We bought some Pineapple Express from a dispensary and I loved the high. It was quite racy.

it's sativa dominant.
takes forever to finish. lots of times it gets pulled a bit early.

*** Weekly Update ***

Good afternoon.

I finally feel like I have my next grow on its way. The big news for the week is that I LSTed the Gelatos and I have seeds for the next 2 strains in water. Here are some pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GEL1 - Day 48:

Photo 2 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GEL1.jpeg

GEL2 - Day 47:

Photo 4 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 5 - GEL2.jpeg

Blue Dream:

Photo 6 - Blue Dream Seeds.jpeg

Photo 7 - BD in water.jpeg

Photo 8 - BD's Top View.jpeg

Pineapple Express:

Photo 9 - Pineapple Express Seeds.jpeg

Photo 10 - PE Seeds in water.jpg

And, that's everything. Thank you for following along and comments are always welcome.
HashGirl…love the seed pack graphics…reminds me of an early business trip to Amsterdam when I saw weed seed packets like garden seeds we see here. I really thought about how I could get some of those seeds home, but didn’t like the obvious choice. The Bulldog has White Widow on the menu and it was amazing. Cheers

*** Weekly Update ***

Good afternoon.

I finally feel like I have my next grow on its way. The big news for the week is that I LSTed the Gelatos and I have seeds for the next 2 strains in water. Here are some pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GEL1 - Day 48:

Photo 2 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GEL1.jpeg

GEL2 - Day 47:

Photo 4 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 5 - GEL2.jpeg

Blue Dream:

Photo 6 - Blue Dream Seeds.jpeg

Photo 7 - BD in water.jpeg

Photo 8 - BD's Top View.jpeg

Pineapple Express:

Photo 9 - Pineapple Express Seeds.jpeg

Photo 10 - PE Seeds in water.jpg

And, that's everything. Thank you for following along and comments are always welcome.
Nice job LST-ing the Gelatos. Looks like the one stem is pulled pretty far over and possibly could use some back support...you might want to insert a stick with one of your twistie thingies taped to it, then pull that stem right at the bend point and support it from the side it's not pulling out to. Does that make sense? It's like applying pressure from the opposite side of the way the stem wants to pull out so that it can't pull out any more. It might help as the plant gets bigger to support it.

*** Update Time ***
(can't really say weekly when it's not ;))
I must admit I thought this grow wasn't going to happen with all the luck I've had with seeds lately. During November, I planted 3 Blue Dream, 2 Pineapple Express, 1 Northern Lights auto, 1 Jack Herer auto and 1 Quarter Pounder auto and none of them amounted to anything.

So, because I was feeling frustrated, I asked Felonious to try and he was successful so now, I have 1 Blue Dream and 3 Pineapple Express, not what I was going for but a lot better than nothing.

Other highlights today include that I uppotted the Gelatos to 5 gallon pots and I fixed the LSTing on GEL1 as per Jon's advice.

So, without further ado, here are the pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

In addition to the seed problems, my Gelato #1 doesn't look good. It looks like something is eating it. I've sprayed with Safer's twice in the past week so hopefully, I killed whatever was eating it.

New Seedlings (Blue Dream and 3 Pineapple Express):

Photo 2 - New Seedlings.jpeg

Photo 3 - BD & PE1.jpeg

Photo 4 - PE2 & PE3.jpeg

Clem1 - Day 26:

Photo 5 - Clem1.jpeg

Photo 6 - Clem1.jpeg

Clem2 - Day 24:

Photo 7 - Clem2.jpeg

Photo 8 - Clem2.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Update Time cont'd...***

GEL2 - Day 62:

The LSTing in the 4th pic is showing her in her 1-gallon pot. Suffice it to say, that the LSTing was done the same way in the 5-gallon pot.

Photo 9 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 10 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 11 - GEL2.jpg

Photo 11b - GEL2.jpg

GEL1 - Day 63:

Photo 12 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 13 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 14 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 16 - GEL1.jpeg

Other than possible bugs, the only other thing I can think of that might be the issue, is it could be the humidity thing since I have so far been unsuccessful in raising the humidity. The humidifier I was going to buy wasn't going to arrive until the end of January. They like higher humidity during veg but they prefer lower humidity in flower so since they're already 2 months old, I haven't done anything further than the wet towel in a pail of water and a blowing fan, which didn't seem to help at all.

The Gelatos are getting 4g MC/gal with added Cal-Mag and are being fed every 4 or 5 days, roughly.

Thanks for following along. Looking forward to your feedback.

Photo 9 - GEL2.jpeg

Congrats on the seedlings! And the Clementines look great. :thumb:

Do they sell Vicks Vaporizers up there? Every drug store in the US has them and they're cheap ($16 US). You would use it outside the tent to raise the RH in the room and let the exhaust fan pull the moisture into the tent.

You could try neem as well on the vegging plants for bugs and you don't have to rinse that off.
I haven't done anything further than the wet towel in a pail of water and a blowing fan, which didn't seem to help at all.
Is your exhaust fan off? There's no way for a bowl of water and a towel to compete with dry air being pulled into the tent.

*** Update Time ***
(can't really say weekly when it's not ;))
I must admit I thought this grow wasn't going to happen with all the luck I've had with seeds lately. During November, I planted 3 Blue Dream, 2 Pineapple Express, 1 Northern Lights auto, 1 Jack Herer auto and 1 Quarter Pounder auto and none of them amounted to anything.

So, because I was feeling frustrated, I asked Felonious to try and he was successful so now, I have 1 Blue Dream and 3 Pineapple Express, not what I was going for but a lot better than nothing.

Other highlights today include that I uppotted the Gelatos to 5 gallon pots and I fixed the LSTing on GEL1 as per Jon's advice.

So, without further ado, here are the pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

In addition to the seed problems, my Gelato #1 doesn't look good. It looks like something is eating it. I've sprayed with Safer's twice in the past week so hopefully, I killed whatever was eating it.

New Seedlings (Blue Dream and 3 Pineapple Express):

Photo 2 - New Seedlings.jpeg

Photo 3 - BD & PE1.jpeg

Photo 4 - PE2 & PE3.jpeg

Clem1 - Day 26:

Photo 5 - Clem1.jpeg

Photo 6 - Clem1.jpeg

Clem2 - Day 24:

Photo 7 - Clem2.jpeg

Photo 8 - Clem2.jpeg

To be continued...
Great color on those Chems... nice.

Congrats on the seedlings! And the Clementines look great. :thumb:

Do they sell Vicks Vaporizers up there? Every drug store in the US has them and they're cheap ($16 US). You would use it outside the tent to raise the RH in the room and let the exhaust fan pull the moisture into the tent.

Yeah, we have one in the bedroom. I guess I could try it in the laundry room to see it's worth buying a second one.

You could try neem as well on the vegging plants for bugs and you don't have to rinse that off.

Straight neem or mixed with something? Does it look like something is eating it to you? There are a few damaged leaves with brown spots, too.

Is your exhaust fan off? There's no way for a bowl of water and a towel to compete with dry air being pulled into the tent.

No. You didn't tell me to turn the fan off.

I guess I'll try Neem and the humidifier and see if they start looking a little healthier.

Thanks, Shed. It's nice having you back. Are you feeling better? Was it just a cold or something?

Yeah, we have one in the bedroom. I guess I could try it in the laundry room to see it's worth buying a second one.
First person I recommended it to ended up running them to keep his entire house at a healthier RH all winter!
Straight neem or mixed with something? Does it look like something is eating it to you? There are a few damaged leaves with brown spots, too.
Neem can be purchased concentrated or ready-to-spray, so I'm not sure how to answer that! It looks like something is eating it but that's not what's causing the browning edges. That could be any number of things from pH to nutes to dry air, so see if raising the RH helps.
No. You didn't tell me to turn the fan off.
Oh, sorry! No bowl of water is going to hydrate a whole room. Sometimes watering the plants and turning off the exhaust fan will raise the RH quite a bit.
I guess I'll try Neem and the humidifier and see if they start looking a little healthier.
:thumb:
Thanks, Shed. It's nice having you back. Are you feeling better? Was it just a cold or something?
Dunno what it was, but I'm definitely feeling better. Thanks!

Nice on Felonious getting some seeds to pop. It‘s so time wasting, frustrating and expensive. When not doing autos have you done much in taking cuttings and working with clones?

Your Clementines are off to a solid start and looking happy.

my Gelato #1 doesn't look good. It looks like something is eating it. I've sprayed with Safer's twice in the past week

Hopefully the up potting and new soil for the Gel1 will also help with the issues. I would be cautious doing anything to aggressive on the LST of a sickly plant as more stress could cause it to hermie.

*** Update Time cont'd...***

GEL2 - Day 62:

The LSTing in the 4th pic is showing her in her 1-gallon pot. Suffice it to say, that the LSTing was done the same way in the 5-gallon pot.

Photo 9 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 10 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 11 - GEL2.jpg

Photo 11b - GEL2.jpg

GEL1 - Day 63:

Photo 12 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 13 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 14 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 16 - GEL1.jpeg

Other than possible bugs, the only other thing I can think of that might be the issue, is it could be the humidity thing since I have so far been unsuccessful in raising the humidity. The humidifier I was going to buy wasn't going to arrive until the end of January. They like higher humidity during veg but they prefer lower humidity in flower so since they're already 2 months old, I haven't done anything further than the wet towel in a pail of water and a blowing fan, which didn't seem to help at all.

The Gelatos are getting 4g MC/gal with added Cal-Mag and are being fed every 4 or 5 days, roughly.

Thanks for following along. Looking forward to your feedback.

Photo 9 - GEL2.jpeg
Good morning @HashGirl garden looks good.
The one with the minor issues are you putting the calmag in your mix first?

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @HashGirl garden looks good.
The one with the minor issues are you putting the calmag in your mix first?

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks, Bill. Yes, I've been adding Cal-Mag to the water before any other products.

Back
Top Bottom