The weather has gotten cooler here and I'm having a lot of knee pain but other than that, life is grand.

you need to make some luxury cannabis topicals.

i make both a cbd and a thc version for my folks. my mom tells me she won't go without them. one targets the pain receptors directly, the other targets inflammation, which is the root cause of most pain causing issues. mom tells me it makes her life much more tolerable.

I'm sure having a caring son helps too!

i laugh cause you don't know me ... :p

i'm kinda the black sheep, i really put them through it bad. i'm sorta the most fun too though .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i'm trying to make up for stuff. my parents went from being kind of closed minded hyper strict christians to really open minded and super accepting christians as they got older. i really pushed the envelope with them.

now they don't give a shit about various societal norms. my dad will read his bible while waiting for the plants to drain after feeding ... :)

i laugh cause you don't know me ... :p

i'm kinda the black sheep, i really put them through it bad. i'm sorta the most fun too though .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i'm trying to make up for stuff. my parents went from being kind of closed minded hyper strict christians to really open minded and super accepting christians as they got older. i really pushed the envelope with them.

now they don't give a shit about various societal norms. my dad will read his bible while waiting for the plants to drain after feeding ... :)
That’s great to hear. Acceptance Is key for a lot of things. Especially for a family to an understanding one!

you need to make some luxury cannabis topicals.

i make both a cbd and a thc version for my folks. my mom tells me she won't go without them. one targets the pain receptors directly, the other targets inflammation, which is the root cause of most pain causing issues. mom tells me it makes her life much more tolerable.

Thanks, bluter.

I actually do make a topical myself that I have been using copiously this year. I make only one batch though with both THC and CBD in the same batch. I use Hash Plant, which is 12% THC and 6% CBD. It really is a wonderful thing to have on hand and my sisters have used it as well and also love that it's very effective in reducing pain.

what do you think of maybe a UBT - uncle ben's technique ? you top and train out four branches early to essentially get four spears. it's not a quad. you just tie the four mains back a bit. keep the side branching minimal and clear the very bottom as you go.

i think it's something @Justin Goody had going in a journal.

i got some autos coming and i'm thinking of giving this a shot. i'm pretty sure justin was running autos when he did this.

@Mr. Krip ? perhaps. i'm sure it was a mod. was the first time i ran in to the approach. i randomly tie stuff all the time, but this was an actual clean technique.

It very well could have been me. I've been UBT'ing everything for years! ;)

It very well could have been me. I've been UBT'ing everything for years! ;)

:welcome: to my journal, Mr. Krip.

I'm always looking for good pictorial tutorials here on 420. Do you, by any chance, have a link you could share that shows how to UBT?

This description from Mr Krip's thread might help:

Along with this post that @Amy Gardner did from the original by Uncle Ben (pics lost to time):

and the follow-up here with new photographs:

This description from Mr Krip's thread might help:

Along with this post that @Amy Gardner did from the original by Uncle Ben (pics lost to time):

and the follow-up here with new photographs:

Thanks, Shed. I'll have a look.

So would you say the difference between UBT and Quadline is with UBT you top at a lower node looking for more main colas, whereas with Quadline you top a node or two higher looking for more secondary colas and a shorter, bushier plant?

So would you say the difference between UBT and Quadline is with UBT you top at a lower node looking for more main colas, whereas with Quadline you top a node or two higher looking for more secondary colas and a shorter, bushier plant?
UBT is aiming for 4 main colas in the speediest time possible. So you grow to 4-5 nodes and then chop back to leav nodes 1 and 2 - ensuring a decent rootzone. You can train after that but the original ‘version’ didn’t - just flowered for 4 colas. Uncle Ben claimed the technique gives 4 colas equivalent to a main cola - my experience says, yes it does!

with quadlining it’s the same concept, just refined and applied in a more involved way and not geared towards speed.

I started 4 new autos today, not Dark Devil this time though. I wanted to try different autos since I've yet to do that.

The intention was to plant 1 Amnesia Auto, 2 Blueberry Autos and 1 Lemon Auto but at the last minute, I replaced the Lemon Auto with Purple Auto. The Purple and Blueberry autos are older so I thought it prudent to use them first. Here's the info about the Purple for those who are interested:

Auto Purple feminised combines ruderalis genetics with the well-known and much-loved Purple strain. It is a 100% auto-flowering plant that grows well in all environments.

Auto Purple grows to between 50 - 90 cm. tall with beautiful purple colouration appearing during flowering. Indoor yields can be as much as 550 gr/m2 planted at 20 to the square meter with an 8 week flowering time which is initiated automatically after 3 or 4 weeks of vegetative growth. Grown outdoors flowering takes a while longer to complete with yields of between 30 - 120 gr/plant. Its short stature means that it is quite easily hidden amongst shrubs in a garden situation and it blends in with other bushes and undergrowth in guerilla grows.

The aroma of Auto Purple is reminiscent of black licorice with the deliciously sweet flavour of grape juice and ripe berries. THC production is a creditable 15% with 1.5% CBD. The effect is nicely relaxing.

Purple Auto Info.jpg

IMG_3175 2.jpeg

IMG_3176 2.jpeg

IMG_3178 2.jpeg

IMG_3179 2.jpeg

IMG_3180 2.jpeg

IMG_3181 2.jpeg

IMG_3182 2.jpeg

And, that's it for today. I still have to start the rest of the photos but I'm trying to space out the start of each group of plants so that maybe I won't have to do too much each day trying to keep everything in balance.

Once the winter grow is complete in about 20 more days, things will be more manageable, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom