Weekly Update

I'm a day late again but no worries. The big news for the week includes the following:
  • I had to spray all the plants in the tent with Safer's insecticidal soap due to a possible thrip infestation.
  • And, I've overwatered BD1 and BD2 (accidentally). They were looking peaked on Wednesday and being a new month, I didn't see when I had last watered them (2 days before) so gave them more. And, no, they weren't light so that's totally on me. Now, I suspect they were looking peaked possibly because of the thrips.
420 Notes.jpg

Carn:

Photo 1 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 2 - Carn.jpeg

DDA1:

Photo 3 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 5 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2:

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3198.jpeg

To be continued...

Weekly Update cont'd...

BD1:

Photo 6 - BD1.jpeg

Photo 7 - BD1.jpeg

BD2 (sorry for the lighting):

Photo 8 - BD2.jpeg

Photo 9 - BD2.jpeg

Group Shot After Spraying (w/GSCs):

Group Shot - 04-Jun-21.jpg

And, here is a photo of the next batch:

Auto Seeds.jpg

That's all, folks. Thanks for following along.

I'm just curious why you maxed out the DDAs at 3g/gallon?

Nope. I don't know why. I just did. I guess no one told me to go higher so I didn't. :hmmmm:

Also, will you be topping the Carnival and the BDs?

The BDs and Carnival have been transplanted to 7 gallon pots and Felonious is now in charge of them. I told him that it's his decision on whether he wants to top or not.

I've also decided to scrap the plan to grow Northern Lights this summer. Northern Lights is an indica and since I'm now going to grow more indica autos than I had originally planned, I've decided to grow 2 Sour Diesels and 2 Jack Herer instead, both of which have Northern Lights as a parent so the Northern Lights will be there, just buried a little bit. :battingeyelashes:

And, I do think it's a good idea to grow at least 2 plants in each strain (if possible) in order to get the most bang for the buck.

The BDs and Carnival have been transplanted to 7 gallon pots and Felonious is now in charge of them. I told him that it's his decision on whether he wants to top or not.

So, Felonious is in charge of these now and was tending them this morning when he came out and asked me how much I was feeding them and I told him 2g per gallon. It turns out he had watered them at 4g per gallon! Oops! So, he's now had to flush them. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on them (which I was planning on doing anyway).

I was also thinking about doing my first outside grow next summer. And, I think growing Moby Dick Auto outside would work well since the info about it says that 2 of them take up the same amount of space as 4 White Widows.

...how Ya' making out with the heat HG?...daughter's in Hamilton visiting our grandson(after more than a year without seeing him)...she messaged a while ago 37C showing on the vehicle thermometer... :eek: ...air quality is supposed to be sketchy as well...take care...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

I'm sure the BD and Carnival would have been fine at 4g/gallon, for the record!

Really? They're not even a month old yet.

...how Ya' making out with the heat HG?...daughter's in Hamilton visiting our grandson(after more than a year without seeing him)...she messaged a while ago 37C showing on the vehicle thermometer... :eek: ...air quality is supposed to be sketchy as well...take care...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Hey there, dr.h00k.

It was very hot today. Good thing we have an above ground pool that I can hang out in. Although, that said, I actually don't mind the heat. Summer is my favourite season and I spend most of every sunny day outside reading my the pool. I started my summer reading yesterday and already have 1.5 books done. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Is it cooler in your neck of the woods?

you need to make some luxury cannabis topicals.

i make both a cbd and a thc version for my folks. my mom tells me she won't go without them. one targets the pain receptors directly, the other targets inflammation, which is the root cause of most pain causing issues. mom tells me it makes her life much more tolerable.
What strains are you using for this? This is the kind of thing I need to learn...

Hey there, dr.h00k.

It was very hot today. Good thing we have an above ground pool that I can hang out in. Although, that said, I actually don't mind the heat. Summer is my favourite season and I spend most of every sunny day outside reading my the pool. I started my summer reading yesterday and already have 1.5 books done. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Is it cooler in your neck of the woods?

...April was Horrid...May was Meh...June, so far has been great...30C ish for the last few days...right up my alley...having to forego our 3 month get a way this past winter, been missing the heat, and although it raises the temps in my shed, my girlz(at 2 months above soil) are taking it in stride...hehe I can do a book a day in Mexico, if the supply is available...I only do ink and paper, but fortunately have a friend who owns a used book store, so can usually find something...My pool in the front yard is Lake Superior, so still waiting for it to warm up... ;) ...take care stay safe...speaking of which, have my 2nd jab scheduled for next week...6 weeks ahead of schedule...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

A little mid-week update:

I planted the Amnesia Auto, one Blueberry Auto and the Purple Auto today. I only planted one of the Blueberries as one of the taproots is too short. Felonious and I have tried to grow Blueberry before without success so I'm going to try to be very careful in order to get at least one to actually grow.

I added 1/4 tsp Dynomyco to the ProMix.

Amnesia:

Photo 1 - Amnesia.jpeg

Purple:

Photo 2 - Purple.jpeg

Blueberry:

Photo 3 - Blueberry.jpeg

Prepared Cups:

Photo 4 - Preparing Cups.jpeg

Amnesia:

Photo 6 - Amnesia.jpeg

Blueberry:

Photo 8 - BB.jpeg

Purple:

Photo 10 - Purple.jpeg

Weekly Update

I'm a day late again but no worries. The big news for the week includes the following:
  • I had to spray all the plants in the tent with Safer's insecticidal soap due to a possible thrip infestation.
  • And, I've overwatered BD1 and BD2 (accidentally). They were looking peaked on Wednesday and being a new month, I didn't see when I had last watered them (2 days before) so gave them more. And, no, they weren't light so that's totally on me. Now, I suspect they were looking peaked possibly because of the thrips.
420 Notes.jpg

Carn:

Photo 1 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 2 - Carn.jpeg

DDA1:

Photo 3 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 5 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2:

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3198.jpeg

To be continued...
I had never heard of Dark Devil before stumbling upon your grow. Nothing on Leafly or Allbud. And it looks like a plant that Morticia Adams would be pruning... What is this stuff?

I had never heard of Dark Devil before stumbling upon your grow. Nothing on Leafly or Allbud. And it looks like a plant that Morticia Adams would be pruning... What is this stuff?

Dark Devil is an autoflower that a previous member started growing and I always wanted to try everything she liked so I tried it. It's a very interesting high in that I can actually think logically, read and follow conversations with it. I find the photoperiod strains, Big Devil XL (a parent of Dark Devil) and Carnival, to have very similar highs. That's why I probably won't grow Dark Devil once I've exhausted all my seeds. I currently have 47 left to grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And it looks like a plant that Morticia Adams would be pruning.
someone might see DDa#2 and say "that thing doesn't bite, does it?" :)
she's definitely a "different" looking plant...

...IMHO...should plant that other Blueberry...a tap root is a tap root, and there are many grower's ,(myself included) who would say...put her in the ground! as soon as you have "proof of life"...you might be surprised! at the result...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

Back
Top Bottom