HashGirl's Summer 2022 Grow Journal

Now that's just not right! Ms O came down with it a few days ago while I'm recovering. It's just time to catch everything coming down the pike since we had none for a couple of years. Soup is getting boring! Bring me my spices! Hey my taste is coming back, that's a good thing!
Get better you two! :love: :yummy:
taste coming back means your on the mend

Hello all.

The weather here has taken a nasty turn to cold and wet for the next week. I have some questions about harvesting my outside girls.

They need to be harvested but I have no energy and I definitely don't think sitting outside trimming and washing them will do me any good. They're are all past their estimated harvest dates.

Should I:

A) Not worry about them until I'm feeling better?

B) Bring them inside to trim, clean and harvest?

or

C) Harvest and hang each plant whole with no trimming or washing?

The end use for 3 of the 4 plants is for oil only if that makes a difference.

:thanks:

Cold + wet late in the season = mold and bud rot conditions. If they were my plants I'd take them whole before the weather turns and hang them on that snazzy pvc drying rack you have and then process as I had the energy.

Hope you feel better soon!

Hello all.

The weather here has taken a nasty turn to cold and wet for the next week. I have some questions about harvesting my outside girls.

They need to be harvested but I have no energy and I definitely don't think sitting outside trimming and washing them will do me any good. They're are all past their estimated harvest dates.

Should I:

or

Sorry your still not feeling better HG. :Namaste:
The weather will take them if you don't do something soon.
Rot and mold set in quick.
Is there anyone who could give you a hand to chop and hang at least?
Be a shame to loose them.
Hope your feeling better soon.:love::high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Highya Hashgirl,

I usually take my plants down one at a time, and hang to dry. Maybe 15 minutes. If you have a dehumidifier, that will stop the mold from getting worse. Mine dry for a week, then I trim. Works for me. Happy Smokin'

I'd also go with B but make sure you don't bring any pests in that might make it into your now-clean tents. Not sure why it's all on you since I thought that outside was FP's domain!

It's freezing temps now so I would be surprised if there were any bugs. When I need the plants brought in, Felonious will help with that. When he harvests the outdoor plants, he doesn't wash them. He just chops them so I tend to not ask him for help with that part since it's not something he does normally.

Personally, I would rather just chop and hang without all the rigmarole of washing. It takes way less energy.

A couple of my indoor plants looked like they'd been droughted so since I only had 4g/gal MC made up, that's what I used on the flowering plants because it was less energy use. And, today, I fed the Jack Herers straight water to tide them over until I get my energy back.

I cleaned a 52 foot gutter yesterday. Not a big deal normally. Moved the ladder 7 times. Up and down with a bucket collecting on a split level house. Well I thought I was doing pretty good but I had to take a break between runs! My cardio/v needs a good working on from that damn bug! You're not alone. I still haven't planted!

Hello all.

Should I:

or

Harvest without the wash. I get some really clean product without ever washing weed. And if the energy is limited… it makes the most sense. Best of luck with the harvest!!

Hey HG, I got a bit behind there. What was your decision re harvesting?

Hey Carmen.

So, we've brought the outdoor plants back into the house. The plan is to trim them before chopping and then hanging to dry, at least for the 3 CB Dutch Treat plants. However, I will be washing the Raspberry Cough as I do smoke it from time to time. The plan is to do the CB Dutch Treats first and do the Raspberry Cough last when maybe I'll have more energy. I trimmed, chopped and hung CBDT3 yesterday:

CBDT3a - Day 117 (+92).jpeg

CBDT3b - Day 117 (+92).jpeg

CBDT3c - Day 117 (+92).jpeg

Hey Carmen.

So, we've brought the outdoor plants back into the house. The plan is to trim them before chopping and then hanging to dry, at least for the 3 CB Dutch Treat plants. However, I will be washing the Raspberry Cough as I do smoke it from time to time. The plan is to do the CB Dutch Treats first and do the Raspberry Cough last when maybe I'll have more energy. I trimmed, chopped and hung CBDT3 yesterday:

CBDT3a - Day 117 (+92).jpeg

CBDT3b - Day 117 (+92).jpeg

CBDT3c - Day 117 (+92).jpeg
Good Lord! That one looks the size of your arm. Well done for getting through that trim job! Are you feeling any better yet?

Good Lord! That one looks the size of your arm. Well done for getting through that trim job! Are you feeling any better yet?

Thanks, Carmen. Yes, I'm starting to feel better. I haven't had to nap for the past 3 days as I'm feeling a little more energetic. I was thinking about getting high tonight as I haven't done so for over a week now but I'm starting to feel tired so I might not.

CBDT1 is on the trimming block today.

*** Update Time ***

Good afternoon.

@Krissi Carbone has been spotlighting each plant one at a time in her grow journals and since I really like it, I'm going to try to just report on my plants in a similar way. Today, I will be focusing on my 2 Blueberry plants.

Blueberry 1 - Day 17 of Flower:

Blueberry 1 - Day 31 of Flower:

Blueberry 2 - Day 15 of Flower:

Blueberry 2 - Day 31 of Flower:

And, that's it for me today. Back tomorrow hopefully for more. I did this update instead of trimming the third CB Dutch Treat. CBDT1 was trimmed and hung yesterday but I forgot to take pics. Sorry.

Thanks for following along. I appreciate your support. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

*** Update Time ***

Good afternoon.

@Krissi Carbone has been spotlighting each plant one at a time in her grow journals and since I really like it, I'm going to try to just report on my plants in a similar way. Today, I will be focusing on my 2 Blueberry plants.

Blueberry 1 - Day 17 of Flower:

Blueberry 1 - Day 31 of Flower:

Blueberry 2 - Day 15 of Flower:

Blueberry 2 - Day 31 of Flower:

And, that's it for me today. Back tomorrow hopefully for more. I did this update instead of trimming the third CB Dutch Treat. CBDT1 was trimmed and hung yesterday but I forgot to take pics. Sorry.

Thanks for following along. I appreciate your support. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.
I love it and now that I'm here, I'll make sure I come back later tonight and catch up some. I enjoy that we both have Blueberries going. Makes me smile

Back
Top Bottom