Hashy's Growing Adventures

Thanks man, yeah Hempy's have been around since the late 80's. Pretty simple way to have a hydro grow. Thanks for droppin by bud. :grinjoint:

Here's a couple shots I just took of the LA Confidential x Skunk. This is one of those freebie DNA Genetics seeds. It's in a p/v hempy. Looks female, hope so anyway. :smokin:

laconfxskunk1-12-10.jpg

laconfxskunkleaf.jpg

how would you even be able to tell at this stage? I have those genetics as well :)

well, I've had many a little plant my man.. I can usually spot the females early on.. No joke, I'm almost always right. :cool:

Hey Hashy what is your favorite Medium Combo? What ratio do you like and you think works best?
Thanks Buddy!

I honestly like straight perlite the best for hempy's. It's so easy to fix any ph issues you may have, shouldn't have any if you have a good meter, but still it's so easy to work with. You can let the perlite/vermiculite mix sit longer in between waterings, but just dont over do it on the vermiculite. I'd say don't go more than 30-40%. I've had the best results in straight perlite though. A lot of my friends use only that as well. :grinjoint: Great thing about hempy's is you can experiment with all kinds of different mediums/mixes. You thinking about getting a grow goin there Weed? :smokin:

Looking good Hashy,i'm starting a hempy grow myself. In fact the 1st girl (hopefully) showed up above soil tonight. I'll be using the flora nova as well. I was just wondering how you like those nutes. (this is only my 2nd grow) :peace: I'll be following this one.

Looking good Hashy,i'm starting a hempy grow myself. In fact the 1st girl (hopefully) showed up above soil tonight. I'll be using the flora nova as well. I was just wondering how you like those nutes. (this is only my 2nd grow) :peace: I'll be following this one.

Hey 420, thanks! I like the flora nova line a lot, only thing is it doesn't have enough ca/mg, so you'll need some calmag, but other than that flora nova is well rounded stuff, has all the micro and everything. I'll stick with flora nova until these bottles are empty, but after that I may switch to Advanced Nutrients. I think flora nova and a bottle of calmag and you'll have killer plants. I haven't needed any calmag until now, and only on the biggest pcindy. Also my hydro shop buddy swears by flora nova and says he doesn't need calmag.. I'd say get some and try it out. One bottle will last you a really long time, it's super concentrated.

I flushed the biggest purple cindy out lastnight. Checked the ppm of some runoff and man it was jacked! I usually keep the ppm of the res around 500-550 and when I checked it last night it was almost at 2000ppm.. Stupid epsom salt. I flushed it with about seven gallons of ph'd water so I could get all that salt outta there. Again, the perlite hempy made it so easy to flush everything outta there. I got it down to where the ppm of the runoff is just about 50ppm more than the feeding I gave her. She's gonna have to just deal until that calmag comes in, I'll not be giving her anymore epsom.

Nice grow. Hempys are great. The local shop I get my buckets from have the 2" line marked with a line, always makes me wonder just how popular they are.

Lmao! Bro that's funny, I've never seen that. I cant think of a reason they would have a line 2" from the bottom, other than for hempy makin. Ha! Interesting. ;):peace:

Thanks for the good words guys! :welcome:

Ok guys, been busy irl, but here's some shots from a few hours ago.

Here's the Kandy Kush, she's growin fast now and I started some LST on the lower branches. Those big leaves really make a lotta shade.

kandykush1-16-10.jpg

kandykushlst.jpg

Purple Cindy buds.. She has about two weeks left. I checked the trichs and they're mostly all cloudy and half cloudy half clear. I'm waitin for some amber to show up and then I'll chop her. The buds are peakin off and the pistils are changing as well, guess I'll start the flush in a week or so.

I quick dried a few nugs and have been getting so high.. The high from the buds right off the plant and quick dried on the DVR box for about 10hrs lasts for 3 solid hours, and I can still feel a buzz at four. Very clear and active high. If you sit down it's definitely relaxing, but the mind is always active and the mood is happy. Perfect daytime smoke and also perfect for doing stuff. I could easily smoke this all day everyday, and will soon. :bong:

pcindy_top_buds_1-16-10.jpg

pcindybud2_1-16-10.jpg

pcindybud1-16-10.jpg

That candy kush is looking great :goodjob:

Now that this grow is about done have you used the your LED light the whole time and would recommend LED lights to other people. I have been thinking but put some money in good light and I'm trying to get some good input

Nah, I got it recently. I only use it for veg, but like it so much I'm getting two more. I'm gonna use two of em for flower and one for veg. If you get one get a 3rd gen one or dont get one at all. You get what you pay for with led's, the cheaper ones aren't much better than xmas lights, thats why you see so many unsatisfied led users. Just do some research and get the new good ones. I use the new 3rd Gen 90W LED UFO from HTGsupply. There are other companies that sell 3rd gen led lights, but HTG is a reputable company amongst mj growers and they get my business. They make good stuff at affordable prices. I dont recommend going on ebay looking for a deal and getting a ufo or panel from an unknown, you'll regret it.

Also a lot of people think they need to supplement their ufo with cfl lighting. In my mind that throws off the spectrum of the led and really doesn't help much. Growing with led is diferent from hid, all the light from the led I use is usable by the plant.. Only 10% of light from HPS is used by the plant, so it's totally different growing with an led. People buy them and when they're not as bright as their hps they start adding cfl's which imo isn't the best idea. LED's aren't as bright as hid because they don't need to be. I've done a lot of research on growing with led and have talked a lot with a guy at HTG. If you get the right one you'll love it.

I'm still gonna be using my 400w hps for several months, and my grow is far from finished. :) I always have something vegging and flowering. Thanks for stoppin by.:bongrip:

Some new pics..

Here's my Purple Cindy mother plant. She was grown out from a clone and is in a 90/10 coco/perlite mix. I took her out so I could get an accurate shot of her, the led makes her look yellow for some reaon.. I have another clone almost the same size as this mother and will be putting it in to flower in a week or so. I'm training and topping the clones so I can get a pretty big yield and not have such an unwieldy plant to deal with.

purplecindymom.jpg

purplecindymom2.jpg

This is the LA Confidential x Skunk.. It has become my favorite veg plant, it's just so healthy.. I think the roots made it to the reservoir, it's really started growing over the last few days. :slide:

laconf2_1-16-10.jpg

laconf1-16-10.jpg

laconfleaf.jpg

Great job Bro. Happy plants. I am going back to read more about your nute menu. I like to ask about High Tech Garden Supply LED. How many plants do you Veg with that at a time? Your really thinking about buying two more. Huh?
:thanks: :goodjob: :roorrip: :peace:

Hey Weed! :ganjamon: I use GH Flora Nova Grow and Bloom. From seed I go with 150 - 200ppm and work my way up to 500 - 700ppm depending on strain. Sometimes I'll go higher, but I like to keep the nute load low to preserve taste and also keep the plants happy.

Yeah that's the light I have.. That's a really nice write up they have on their site. I do like that UFO, did some homework on it and put it in with an open mind. If it sucked I was gonna return it and just get another HPS, but I ended up liking it and am gonna definitely go with two more for flowering. I want to save some electricity and not have to run my blower all the time during the summer. I plan to be out and about a lot and would really like to not have my grow room on my mind all the time. When I go out I'm always thinking about worst case scenarios like blower failure, cookin the plants etc.. Will be nice just to have a ton of led light on the plants and run a duct booster instead of the blower.

We'll see how they do for flowering.. I've been flowering with my 400W HPS for awhile now, so if two of those htg ufo's give me results comparable to the HPS during flower, I'm switchin over for good. :surf:

Oh and the light covers the same amount of area the 400w hps does, so as many plants as you can fit under it.. I currently have 8 under it in veg. :yummy:

Hey Hashy she's looking good I see the purpling stems this quote might interest you.

docbud said:
One of them had some purple petioles and some purple streaking on the stem.... early yesterday I fed that one a little more P than usual, and this morning the purple is gone! It's amazing how fast these little plants grow and change.

Hey bro thx for the tip, If you're talkin about that purple cindy mother, that happened during the first two weeks after I cloned it. She's grown out of it, but the purple that was there stayed. I didn't soak the rw long enough in ph'd water before I stuck the cutting in and that happened. Some of my strains have purple stems in the genes, so it happens regardless with some.

The calmag finally came in, and I gave some to the big purple cindy, even though she's almost finished and also gave a bit to the kandy..

Here's a few new shots.

Kandy Kush, took her out of the veg area so I could get an accurate shot of her. I watered her just after I snapped the pic and fed her 5ml of calmag.. I'm doing some lst on four of her branches to get them to grow around those big leaves.

kkush.jpg

Purple Cindy cola and buds, she has about two weeks left now and smells so strong, still a bit of a sweet fruity smell, but mostly just smells like super strong MJ.. :yummy:

DSC02467_copy.jpg

pcindybuds.jpg

Purple Cindy? Looks like a winner! I'll stick around and watch, if ya don't mind. Shes a nice looking plant!

Plenty of room in my living room bro, grab a seat and have a bowl! Just ground up a few white castle nugs.. :roorrip: Thanks for the good words man! Yeah I'm pretty stoked to be growing this strain. :grinjoint: I've seen some killer Purple Cindy grows around..

Just thought I would pop in and say great job looken really good! 5 stars

:peace:

Thanks a lot man, appreciate the stars! I'm havin a great time growin these plants and plan to have this goin a long time, I like this forum. :slide:

Those buds are beautiful, nice strain too. Cindy99 is in alot of great strains, isn't she related to the original chemdawg somehow? :smokin:

:peace:

Hey Mountain, thanks buddy, they like that flora nova! I don't think C99 is related to Chemdawg, C99 is Jack Herer x ShivaSkunk.. I saw a C99 x Chemdawg 91 cross last month by Rez I think it was, maybe it was MOD, cant remember. That would be some killer stuff! :yummy:

Thanks for stoppin in my man! :peace:

Here's a pic from a guy I know who grows Purple Cindy.. She can really get big, I don't remember how much he got from that plant, but it was a lot. :smokin:

000_33211.jpg

Plenty of room in my living room bro, grab a seat and have a bowl! Just ground up a few white castle nugs.. :roorrip: Thanks for the good words man! Yeah I'm pretty stoked to be growing this strain. :grinjoint: I've seen some killer Purple Cindy grows around..

Wish I could, Much Luck in all your doings. :popcorn: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom