Have any of you ever had bugs in Biobizz light mix or Buildasoil soil?

The123321

I am thinking about growing in soil instead of coco though 1 main reason I wanted to do coco was that I have read it has less bug problems and I have read about people getting bugs in the bag of soil they get. Have any of you ever had bugs in biobizz light mix or buildasoil soil on there?

I am thinking about growing in soil instead of coco though 1 main reason I wanted to do coco was that I have read it has less bug problems and I have read about people getting bugs in the bag of soil they get. Have any of you ever had bugs in biobizz light mix or buildasoil soil on there?
I'm on my 4th bag of Biobizz light mix, it was recommended by a friend who has used it for years with no bugs and no problems.
I've not suffered from any bugs and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Hello all. So i have an indoor garden . In my vege room ive had what i think is thrips and so i used some foliar spray basically thyme oil called mammoth bio control. It seemed to be another neem oil type deal and my plants werent suffering or anything i guess i didnt see sny spots or tbh ive only seen 2 or 3 at the most so i did a pruning defoliated etc cleaned all my plants out and ya oil worked . But i still see 1 or 2 . So again sprayed. Checked evrrythimg all the plants are clean. But i do have my auto cloner in their and theyre rooted and what not bit i seen a couple on their and killed em with my finger heh or moved em iunno lol.. i plan on keep on spraying the bigger plants with more mammoth and eventually neem each week but in like the man said if you grow in a spot for awhile its bound to pop up so i guess mine did 3 weeks ago. Should i be worried about a few thrips across 14 plants or so? And a cloner full? 6x8 room 7 ft high insulayed drywalled and tiled on the floor for no mess easy to clean. Also just put out some sticky traps?? Hydro shop supplier gave em to me a yr ago i never used em till now. Im not quite sure what they even do. I guess most importantly does anyone know if i can spray neem oil lightly on my clones in vege or will that harm them? My big plants seem fine. Their coming out in a few days soon into dixie cups

Thrips?

Attachments

• 20200523_225335.jpg
    20200523_225335.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20200523_225332.jpg
    20200523_225332.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 97
Yes thrips or Leaf Miners - either 1 will be a problem if you don't get rid of them. Thrips are easy. Get some spinosad (Montery garden spray). That will tco the thrips you will need to use it 3 times 2-3 days apart. It's organic and safe for you and your environment.

Neem oil will add nasty flavor to you flower... just a heads up there.

Ya hydro guy was like they got spiinasoad few things he rwcommends. Prolly head down there tomorrow. Do they hide in the dirt or somethin? Id never spray in flower if i got pm id get rid of my plants and start over no biggy but wondering if they been there and i never noticed them or if there new to the garden. Id imagine if they been there awhile and i didnt notice them theyd have wreaked havoc on my garden but no idea really . Wonder if i should go get some clones itd only put me back a few weeks and my flower rooms already full heh.

@corinth all you need is spinosad for whatever you have there. It works.

Different insects live and breed differently. Some lay eggs and larvae live in the soil like Gnats and some lay eggs and larvae live on the leaves like mites.

PM - try Safer® Brand Garden Fungicide - I've tried everything for PM and this and Sulfur burn in a SUlfur burner are the only things I've found effective. SUlfur vapor will TCO any insects and PM as well - standard practice in professional greenhouses (its organic). Best thing for PM is prevention.

The Sulfur vaporizer gets rid of everything overnight! boom. lol

PM btw isn't harmful unless you are allergic. Bud washing after harvest will remove it from the flowers and gets rid of the spores too and dirt.

Sulfur leaves a residue - some folks can taste it so I do not burn in flower. This is where the Spinosad comes in. Can be used up to the day before harvest. I dont do that - I stop a few weeks before unless I have mites out of control - VERY rare for me.

Back
Top Bottom