Have I got the beginning of root rot?

SandyRatchet

Hi all.
DWC setup. Auto plants at 1 month.
Using vitalink nutes at half strength. TDS 350. Ph 5.9. Temps day 23c night 19c.
Over the last week a dark area has appeared on the roots on 2 of my plants. Can't smell anything. No sign of slime.
Unsure if this is the start of a bit of root rot or normal. Any advise please
378db05cc5f843dab392f6a7915d7f55.jpg
25df628a8cadf5c7034f91bc98e40d15.jpg
1a76840d0371ff2db7f8aa29220c89b7.jpg
ed273506866fc31d232dd5bb9411b877.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Looks like it to me. I would use some z7 or hydroguard or sensizm. Or something like it. Some will tell you peroxide. I don't like peroxide. Read up on z7 vs peroxide for root rot. Z7 is cheap to. 5 ml per ten gal. I put 2.5ml in at each res change. My roots are very white.
Btw. Your roots don't look real bad. Root rot usually makes your roots mushy/slimy. I don't see yours like that yet. But I'd add something for sure.
Good luck.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Hydrogaurd and z7 are quite hard to get in the UK. Both when available seem to be double the price of in the USA.

Hydrogaurd and z7 are quite hard to get in the UK. Both when available seem to be double the price of in the USA.

Maybe someone else can give you more options. Peroxide is an option.
Your plants look really good though.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

Ordered 1ltr sensizm off fleabay. Seemed to be the only one available with original pack. Had others that said distilled but no idea if there watered down

I use z7 and sensizm. Sensizm by itself is fine.

Did your fleabay have z7? Good luck.
420-magazine-mobile937494970.jpg

[Disclaimer]

I'm. It a deep water guy but to be honest I think it's staining
I think you'd see slime abs smell nasty gym socks

What's the temp

Sorry if you posted it already

More I look at it I think it looks pretty good, lots better than ones I've had in the past lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Doesn't look like staining. I see almost the start of slime and the dark brown. It Won't hurt to add something anyways as a preventative. With staining you see individual root strands. The pics look like some are clumped .
This pic of nute stained roots almost look like root rot to me. Who knows who made this picture. Just because you find it on the internet doesn't mean it's true.
My roots have been stained but never looked like this picture.

420-magazine-mobile1767880566.jpg

[Disclaimer]

I use z7 and sensizm. Sensizm by itself is fine.

Did your fleabay have z7? Good luck.
420-magazine-mobile937494970.jpg

[Disclaimer]

Yes. Have the same on our fleabay. £50 for same size so about $65. A lot more than yours lol

Doesn't look like staining. I see almost the start of slime and the dark brown. It Won't hurt to add something anyways as a preventative. With staining you see individual root strands. The pics look like some are clumped .
This pic of nute stained roots almost look like root rot to me. Who knows who made this picture. Just because you find it on the internet doesn't mean it's true.
My roots have been stained but never looked like this picture.

420-magazine-mobile1767880566.jpg

[Disclaimer]

Thanks for the pic and feedback

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom