Have I messed up? Need advice

She looks great! Looks like time for some LST.

You don't need to start over. When the plant recovers from the surgery, she will put out lots of branches. Over-topping looks scary when they are small, but trust us. MJ will recover just fine. It will be bushy and wide. Given enough time and room, it will grow to any size you want it to.

here is a picture of a plant that I got from a friend as a clone of one of his strains. It had spider mites and when I realized it I freaked out. I striped it to a bare stem and only left the smallest of new growth on the top. All fan leafs were stripped because they had signs of mite damage. That was a about 3 weeks ago I think, though I could go back to my journal to get an exact number of days. I did transplant her into a bigger pot but as you will see in the picture she recovered quiet nicely and I now refer to her as my bouncing Betty.
Weed is a tough plant

WOW! and here I spent over 2 months waging war against a massive infestation! I spent a LOT of money on sprays, lots of time on washes, trying to save as many leaves as I could. Next time, I'll try your method: strip all the infested leaves off, THEN perform the alternating kinds of sprays on what's left.

I have one survivor halfway through flower that looks like Hell, all her hairs burned off, all her leaves spotted and small, a lot of them simply dying off. My entire grow had been infested and I had little choice but to treat the one in flower. But I can now squash the occasional mite, when I inspect her. There are going to be two or three 2-3" colas, and the rest tiny popcorn buds. There's going to be mostly shake, because there will only be sugar leaves and a few buds left by the end of flower.

I've since learned my lesson. Be sure the ladies going into flower are CLEAN! (my first encounter with mites). I hope I NEVER have another harvest like this one is going to be. It's just the one plant, however, so the rest of the grow is good and healthy so far.

Back
Top Bottom