Having a fan directly on plants

Infernal420

Just wondering have any of you ever noticed any negative effects from having a fan directly on flowering females. I was told that it would make the branches stronger by simulating an outdoor effect, but i think its drying out the leaves. I thought it was a pest or nute problem but have concluded that its not. The lights off right now or id put some pics up...Thanks in advance
:peacetwo::Rasta:

Running a fan all the time straight on to leaves will burn them after some time. It is best to use an oscillating fan that moves around .

You should have some air movement in the grow room, enough so the leaves are slightly moving around. This is to help keep moisture off the buds. but too much will cause wind burn.

Prairie

I only run my fans when lites out.not on gives them time to rest an regroup from the lite on.well good luck an grow on.Stay safe.
Godspeed,
DnR

plants.258305

So you recommend having your circulator on ONLY during the night period, do reduce stress on plants from days worth of light?
I'm about ready to start my grow and just want some clarification or insight in this. Thanks.

Good question HR! Yes, there are 2 fans circulating 18 inches from the ground. Anyone who has had powder mold understands the necessity of air movement above and below the canopy...

I agree with Hog. i had an oscillating fan on the ladies and though it was doing something wrong to them, bud were not growing well. I could tell because I had the same plant in the room and it got no direct fan air. I adjusted the fans so they blow straight up and dont move. I have two fans in the room at opposite sides to move the air around and 3-4 on the ground moving air

I've got small fans on directly on my plants 24/7...no burn..all is well and growing better than expected.

One above and one below is perfect..helps with humidity if you're in an area where that's an issue as well as providing all the good natural stuff that a nice little breeze provides.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom