Having an issue with my lady - It's yellow'd and dry - Need help!

Race

420 Member
Hello!

So I'm using a DWC bucket for a donor lady. I have been desperately trying to figure out what's wrong with her. My Temps are 75-82 degrees. Using a 600 watt LED light that's about 1.5 feet away from her. 2 Fans going, not directly on her, but she dances a little bit. My PH is at the 5.6-6 range, humidity is 40%, using veg recipe from technaflora that's about 700-900 ppm. Using grodan and hydroton too... I also have the temp of the water at around 65-75 degrees (since I'm not using my hydro loop yet it's just in a dwc bucket, so water temp control has resulted in a little fluctuation because I out an ice bottle in there to keep the temps down, additionally I use a few drops of hydrogen peroxide (hydro/plant grade just in case some gross nasties wanted to grow). Now it looks like it's a calcium or magnesium deficiency or maybe even nute burn? ...but I am uncertain. I have been playing with the pH taking it down from 6.2 to 5.7 because I've been reading that calcium and/or magnesium does not absorb well in hydro with higher pH, but I've had no luck in remedying the problem. Today I will be changing the water out, and putting in fresh nutes with pH balanced, distilled water. Should I mix the nutes in first and then move her to the new bucket, or flush with distilled water that's pH balanced, and wait a day before adding the nutes back in? I don't know. I'm very upset that I haven't been able to fix this problem. Any assistance would be wonderful, I'm desperate. Thank you in advance; much appreciated.
Yellow_Dry.png

Hello!

So I'm using a DWC bucket for a donor lady. I have been desperately trying to figure out what's wrong with her. My Temps are 75-82 degrees. Using a 600 watt LED light that's about 1.5 feet away from her. 2 Fans going, not directly on her, but she dances a little bit. My PH is at the 5.6-6 range, humidity is 40%, using veg recipe from technaflora that's about 700-900 ppm. I also have the temp of the water at around 65-75 degrees. Now it looks like it's a calcium or magnesium deficiency or maybe even nute burn? ...but I am uncertain. I have been playing with the pH taking it down from 6.2 to 5.7 because I've been reading that calcium and/or magnesium does not absorb well in hydro with higher pH, but I've had no luck in remedying the problem. Today I will be changing the water out, and putting in fresh nutes with pH balanced, distilled water. Should I mix the nutes in first and then move her to the new bucket, or flush with distilled water that's pH balanced, and wait a day before adding the nutes back in? I don't know. I'm very upset that I haven't been able to fix this problem. Any assistance would be wonderful, I'm desperate. Thank you in advance; much appreciated.
Yellow_Dry.png

It looks like cal mag def see the rusty spots look
420-magazine-mobile2051021162.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1810803612.jpg

I would t flush I would re adjust ph like you said. And add some more cal mag intake . Under led they require more cal mag .specially at different levels of growth .

Are you running z7 or hydro Guard?

Have you been using distilled water the whole time? If so then you have to add magnesium. Use cal-mag.
Magnesium is absorbed at higher ph. Not lower. Here's a chart.
420-magazine-mobile832251012.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you for the awesome info! I have just purchased some CalMag and HydroGuard. Yes I have been using distilled water, so according to your experience and knowledge, I will need to add some CalMag. Muuuuuuch appreciated! Will post up with how things continue to advance.

Thank you thank you thank you for the awesome info! I have just purchased some CalMag and HydroGuard. Yes I have been using distilled water, so according to your experience and knowledge, I will need to add some CalMag. Muuuuuuch appreciated! Will post up with how things continue to advance.

Best of luck .

I think KingJoe83 is correct I had the same issue due to too much p/k and did a two week flush with RO AND CAL/MAG 1TEASPOON PER GALLON and it seemed to clear up although I think my yield will take a small hit .. I also did a LIGHT foliar spray 10 minutes before lights out. Good luck and HAPPY GROWING..
5191086e5b82d5841435592ce92b8fcb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom