Having sex: Need tips!

Bush Doctor 77

Doin' some genetics with Blueberry 420, Super Skunk, Afghani and Gelato. I'm going to let them get well fertilized(then the males will go to a commercial grower) and then plan to put the females outside with >12 hour day. Any problems letting the seeds ripen in grow cycle after fertilization?

Attachments

• DSC01629.JPG
    DSC01629.JPG
    602.9 KB · Views: 144
Lol...

Havin' sex---need tips!!!

1. Pulling out almost never works. Because, well, why would you?

2. Don't tie her up unless she asks.

3. If she ties YOU up, make sure she's your wife instead of a hooker. Because I heard that one over the scanner one night (request for a handcuff key "ASAP"), and it was almost certainly a lot more enjoyable for me and for the cop - who took his time, LMFAO - than for the guy and the soon-to-be ex-wife who was due to arrive shortly.

4. If "she" has an Adam's apple, it's a trap!

5. Unless you live in New York City, the words "Quiet, b!tch, I've got a knife" do NOT count as foreplay.

6. If she's a stripper, take her to a motel. Because what do you care if it takes someone six weeks to get her to leave? (Unlike your house, lol.)

7. If she says sex is a pain in the @ss, you're doing it wrong (er... probably ;) ).

8. Regardless of what your parents and their parents did, never turn out the lights. (See #4)

9. If you do rent the occasional piece of flesh, make sure you're fully awake each day before you leave your house. Otherwise, you might unthinkingly throw $100 on the dresser on the way out (and it'd be beyond embarrassing... if your wife unthinkingly grabbed it and put $20 change in its place :rofl:).

10. If it moos, baaas, or barks, it's NOT girlfriend material (unless you're a shepherd or live WAY out in the Australian outback).

I'm going to let them get well fertilized(then the males will go to a commercial grower) and then plan to put the females outside with >12 hour day. Any problems letting the seeds ripen in grow cycle after fertilization?

You know, I don't believe I've ever read a report of someone trying that. Might want to set out some clones (from the same mothers) that are already in flower and see if they end up reverting to the growth phase under the same light/darkness schedule that you intend to place your pollinated females under. Or just cover the plants a couple (few? whatever is appropriate for your location and the specific strains, or just whatever it works out to in order to provide 12 hours darkness) hours before sundown each evening until the natural day/night length matches.

In any event, I'm interested in learning what eventually occurs, and I assume at least some other members are, too - so please let us know how it worked out for you. (Thanks!)

I can't say I understand what you are talking about. The females can't be pollinated till they are in flower. If they were moved outside with 12 hours of light they will stay in flower.

Seeds take time to make and mature. The whole process takes around 6 weeks after pollination. So yes they mature in the grow cycle. I don't know that would happen if a plant was pollinated then put back into Veg cycle.

Also why keep males in a commercial grow if they have already dropped their pollen?

Males can produce pollen for an extended time. All the male flowers, just like the females don't mature on the same day. The reason I want to put the fertilized females outside is simply to get free lumens. I realize there is a ripening time for fruit and/or seeds.

Does anyone know if pollen can be kept viable in storage?

These are all extra plants and I have duplicates of the females.

Any problems letting the seeds ripen in grow cycle after fertilization?

I re-read but still not clear what you’re planning/asking.

I get that you’re calling pollination ‘fertilzation’.

Not sure what you mean by ‘grow cycle’ in this case though.

Natural light >12 hours/day, outdoors here. Any major problems beside potential hermie plants?

Ok short answer - to me it sounds like what you’re doing will be fine. I may be confused on the exact question though.

Plants normally get pollinated in early flowering. If your main question is whether the move to outside will cause issues? No, not as long as the light cycle stays around 12/12 for flowering.

But if your light cycle is 12/12 at this time of year then presumably you’re very near the equator and always have 12/12 lighting. :hmmmm:

I may be wrong but think they are meaning Veg cycle as in more than 12 hours, not sure anybody has tried that before and would be a "who knows" what they would do if they tried to reveg.

Oh I see- I guess that’s what the little ‘>’ symbol in there means.

I’m not sure what the answer is then. BigSur has a method with long-flowering sativas of starting them flowering indoors, then putting them outside in early summer in long daylight hours. He says most of the time they stay in flowering mode.
Hard to believe- I would think they’d reveg. But the guy definitely knows his stuff. You could try asking him.

In general i dont think the pollination will affect the normal plant processes. So just because some of the calyxes are carrying seeds, shouldn’t affect what the plant does as far as whether it revegs or not. But what happens with the immature seeds if the plant revegs- I really don’t know.

Oh I see- I guess that’s what the little ‘>’ symbol in there means.

I’m not sure what the answer is then. BigSur has a method with long-flowering sativas of starting them flowering indoors, then putting them outside in early summer in long daylight hours. He says most of the time they stay in flowering mode.
Hard to believe- I would think they’d reveg. But the guy definitely knows his stuff. You could try asking him.

In general i dont think the pollination will affect the normal plant processes. So just because some of the calyxes are carrying seeds, shouldn’t affect what the plant does as far as whether it revegs or not. But what happens with the immature seeds if the plant revegs- I really don’t know.
This answers my awkwardly asked question. Sorry for any confusion. I used ">" as in math, greater than.

I can't see that the pollinated bud sites will continue to support the seeds as needed if it revegges

Why would you plan on that anyways
Seems risky to.me

once a plant is pollinated, you can put it under more hours then 12 of light, and the seeds will still grow just fine. or as you call it, revag,

Decided to move them out, as I have other females getting heavy into flower indoors. I cover them to control photo-period. Here's a male and pollinated female flower. Sorry about being blurry. It's windy out.

Attachments

• DSC01647.JPG
    DSC01647.JPG
    551.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01649.JPG
    DSC01649.JPG
    541.1 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom