Having some major issues need help

The Diatomaceous earth really kills gnats dead, I got mine at a health food store.. food grade.. about $20 - enough to last me a lifetime - it's also good for pet and human parasites, but that is another story, best NOT told here. When the gnats frolic on the coco - the DE will get in their wings and many legs, and grind them to a pulp, bug violence .. I know - but worth it.

Here’s a pic of my saddest one in the veg tent a few are showing the same symptoms other than the yellowing the stems are purple and very woody any guesses on where to start with this while your at it lol anyone would think I’ve never grown before with all this aggro lol

Attachments

• B9E8D5AF-A8FE-4E9F-B12E-54522734964E.jpeg
    B9E8D5AF-A8FE-4E9F-B12E-54522734964E.jpeg
    638.5 KB · Views: 65
The Diatomaceous earth really kills gnats dead, I got mine at a health food store.. food grade.. about $20 - enough to last me a lifetime - it's also good for pet and human parasites, but that is another story, best NOT told here. When the gnats frolic on the coco - the DE will get in their wings and many legs, and grind them to a pulp, bug violence .. I know - but worth it.
That’s made me feel good mate thanks for that will grab some tomorrow and rip the f***ers up

Relax mr mackey ,I have had a lot shittier looking plants than that , this is the fun part , just to see what kind of a curve ball they are gonna throw at you next , it's only the 5th inning lots of time yet , keep the 5.8 ph and up the nutes a tiny bit and bring out the big hitter -(calmag ), give them 1 1/2 times what you are giving them now , if that don't work I guess we have to break out the chip&dales next for the girls -lol!

Seem to be one problem after another here I suspect this is boron or manganese from looking at various sources however there’s fungus gnats which have been there 3 weeks or so now I’ve been using sticky traps caught loads and treating the feed with tanlin, my humidity is also too high 55-85% my climate control is playing up basically only dehumidifies when cooling is say the average is 70%.
The system is alien easy feed in 20l pots of coco perlite 70:30 eco thrive charge they get bottom fed every 24hours the current feed is 0.4ec tap water with 1ml per l calmag plus to 0.8ec then ionic coco bloom to 1.7ec I’m using Buddhas tree pk and meta boost as directed and Cannazym 2.5ml per l total ec is 2.0 and ph is set at 5.7 and rises to 6.1 before I set it back to 5.7
I’m running a sealed room with day temps at 25-27 night 20-22 co2 ppms are 800 gavita de lights set at 850w. So the things I know are bad are fungus gnats (doesn’t seem huge infestation) these little jumping white things in the coco roots(rise to the top when I flush feed through) humidity is 65-70% on average but ranges 55-85, feed water is around 12degrees bit cold I know. Sorry for the wall of text but trying to give as much info as possible as I’m really stumped I’ve done some very successful grows using this system before only difference being humidity wasn’t an issue and no bugs and different strain. If you have got this far thanks for taking the time to read and will be eternally grateful for any help!
This chart has never failed me, if you've got enough of all of these nutrients you need to P.h. and flush

Attachments

• 1545974313760.png
    1545974313760.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Hi Guys...and you too Emilya,
Sorry I didn't read all the posts. I keep it real simple when using coco. Just wanted to clarify this "no flush with RO in coco". Know how we either buy preflushed and buffered coco...or rinse and soak ourselves before using. It's a dual sort of issue, and related to cation binding sites. The RO water can undo the calmag buffering causing the coco to behave differently afterwards. Retaining too much Mg among other things. Just throw in a little calmag and you can flush all you want.

Oh and to Mackey...if you do decide this is a lockout due to salt buildup...after your flush I'd reduce nutes across the board (maybe 20% or whatever...just reduce it some so it doesn't turn around and happen again.
Cheers,
JD

Hi Guys...and you too Emilya,
Sorry I didn't read all the posts. I keep it real simple when using coco. Just wanted to clarify this "no flush with RO in coco". Know how we either buy preflushed and buffered coco...or rinse and soak ourselves before using. It's a dual sort of issue, and related to cation binding sites. The RO water can undo the calmag buffering causing the coco to behave differently afterwards. Retaining too much Mg among other things. Just throw in a little calmag and you can flush all you want.

Oh and to Mackey...if you do decide this is a lockout due to salt buildup...after your flush I'd reduce nutes across the board (maybe 20% or whatever...just reduce it some so it doesn't turn around and happen again.
Cheers,
JD
Calmag buffering doesnt get rinsed away with watering?

Been back today and they are still progressively getting worse I’d say 80% of the room are like this yet a few are looking healthyish other than burnt tips my humidity has got abit better 45-75% now after tinkering with a few settings I’m guna experiment with a few plants and hopefuly something will improve so I can post up what worked for me and what didn’t with this issue hopefuly can give something back for all the help. I’ve put the feed back to 1.6ec using 1.5ml/litre of calmag for tomorrow’s feed, will strip back the dead leafs Monday and experiment with a few of the sick plants so hopefully will be able to notice if it gets better or worse
Big thanks again and any other advice is always welcome

Attachments

• C90A7731-018C-4E1F-AD5A-8E49AC77B9B1.jpeg
    C90A7731-018C-4E1F-AD5A-8E49AC77B9B1.jpeg
    946.6 KB · Views: 53
@ MrMackey

The damage has been done, and from the looks of it you have some lock out, need to get you solution back in order and back on track. Remove the damaged leaves, they are doing you no good.

The leaves that have already been so severely damaged will not get better and it is not going to hurt anything at this point to get rid of them. The calmag is working though... the problem has stopped taking out the new growth... its hard to fight back from a deficit... it takes some time.
Thanks Emilya would you say it was not enough calmag that caused this mess? Yeh I don’t expect it to get much better just trying to avoid it getting worse lol how would I know if I had too much calmag?
And thanks gr865 will be stripping them off tomorrow had to rush off today need to spend a full day stripping back and trying to flush some old salts through

I have never heard of anyone ODing their plants on calmag at even 3x the recommended dose. I give it as a preventative in my tents and give it regularly at the recommended dosage periodically right up till the end of the grow. You know you have given enough when the deficiency stops progressing and the leaves that have been damaged try to get green again... but that is a long process and with severe damage can never catch up.

I have never heard of anyone ODing their plants on calmag at even 3x the recommended dose. I give it as a preventative in my tents and give it regularly at the recommended dosage periodically right up till the end of the grow. You know you have given enough when the deficiency stops progressing and the leaves that have been damaged try to get green again... but that is a long process and with severe damage can never catch up.
That’s reassuring I was worried about over doing it and locking out other nutes I’ve whacked it up now to hopefuly stop further damage next run I’ll start abit higher and keep a close eye thanks again

My experience with a really bad Coco Brick company here in Canada - their Coco was literally crawling with bugs.. no idea what variety the bugs were - but the brick coco was "legion" with critters, I've never seen a plant literally crawling with "lord of the rings" orcs and bugs .. I will NEVER buy Brick Coco again. I spend so much time trying to produce a good environment for my plants, and NOT ever having cutrate coco again - is one of my goals.

My experience with a really bad Coco Brick company here in Canada - their Coco was literally crawling with bugs.. no idea what variety the bugs were - but the brick coco was "legion" with critters, I've never seen a plant literally crawling with "lord of the rings" orcs and bugs .. I will NEVER buy Brick Coco again. I spend so much time trying to produce a good environment for my plants, and NOT ever having cutrate coco again - is one of my goals.
Yea if you want to go with coco go with the compressed pellets or a well know baggy brand

Back
Top Bottom