Having some problems - Second opinion please?

Victusa

Fellow growers! newb here :)

This is my second indoors grow so I'm quite new to many disease and problems. I was doing fine until flowering stage, I mean had some problems but figured them out. So before I shoot my questions, let me introduce my babies;

Lu, the hope;

Skinny Betty;

As you can see I'm growing in soil, feeding PH is 6.5, I was feeding them with AN but changed to Bio-Bizz fertilizers. After having problems I started supporting them with Canna Mononutrients (Iron/Phosphor/Magnesium) in low amounts(1ml/1lt)

So, let me show you Lu's problems;

and here is Betty's;

And here some pictures of falling leaves, I've managed to slow the frequancy but it continues;

I believe these will be enough to put a diagnose on my babies :Namaste: As I took them out, flushed them with 6.5PH clean water, waiting for some advice :)

Thanks a lot!

I had a problem with my soil I fed an watered at aprox 6.5 but my run off was 4 :( I started to feed an water with 7-7.5 ph after I flushed an this seemed to correct its self. I'd check ur run off ph. It was causing me nute lock. Just an idea u might wana look into. I've since switched to coco coir much easier to control an work with, just another idea to think about :)

I had a problem with my soil I fed an watered at aprox 6.5 but my run off was 4 :( I started to feed an water with 7-7.5 ph after I flushed an this seemed to correct its self. I'd check ur run off ph. It was causing me nute lock. Just an idea u might wana look into. I've since switched to coco coir much easier to control an work with, just another idea to think about :)

It's 8 actually, lowering it down to 6.5 with PH DOWN from gh

Are you using leds? Are you using any calmag supplement? And it look a little overwatered

Atm they're under 250W HPS bulb, I had MH for flowering. No calmag suppelements. Just AN(Stopped using AN though) / Biobizz and Canna(Just Mononutrients) I usually feed them every 3, max 4 days with 2lt of water.

How far into flower are you?

Enterig 5th week

I'm not a soil grower and my soil knowledge is very limited which is why I didn't post the first time I read this. But you sound kind of desperate. You say 'as you can see I'm growing in soil' I'm not sure what you mean by that since I can't tell from the pics what you're growing in. A lot depends on whether you are in real soil, or something else. Including whether you need to supplement with calmag. What type of soil? Generally real soil shouldn't require ph balancing - but-

First - confirm your ph. Do you have a reliable meter that is calibrated and trustworthy?
Second- If ph is ok- you could be underfeeding. Are you following some sort of feed schedule?

It looks to me like its just the normal life span of the fan leaves. When the leaves start using up more sugar then they produce, The plant sucks the usefull nutes (mostly) Nitrogen out of the leaves. Therefore turning yellow from the lack of photosynthesis.

I'm not a soil grower and my soil knowledge is very limited which is why I didn't post the first time I read this. But you sound kind of desperate. You say 'as you can see I'm growing in soil' I'm not sure what you mean by that since I can't tell from the pics what you're growing in. A lot depends on whether you are in real soil, or something else. Including whether you need to supplement with calmag. What type of soil? Generally real soil shouldn't require ph balancing - but-

First - confirm your ph. Do you have a reliable meter that is calibrated and trustworthy?
Second- If ph is ok- you could be underfeeding. Are you following some sort of feed schedule?

Thank you for your reply Weaselcracker, some of the pictures shows soil so I thought that would be enough, like I said; newb here :) You're right I've not mentioned the type of soil. It's real soil, Bio-Bizz all-mix, I mean its real soil right ? It feels like real :p

I always check my PH, its calibrated according to the user manual but I have no idea if its reliable or not. Don't know if you tell something but this is my meter;
265343073_tn30_0.jpg

I'm following bio-bizz's schedule;
Screen-Shot-2014-02-10-at-9.31.09-AM.png

It's difficult to tell the difference between soil and soilless (peat moss mixes - coco, etc) by a photo, and at least on my screen yours are very blurry so all I see is a blackish area. Anyway thanks- I googled the Allmix stuff and it's mostly peat moss and perlite, which is what I use and call soilless (not soil). But they say in their q&a to treat to like organic soil, so they must have some compost and whatnot added to it.
The feeding schedule seems a bit high, as they usually are- but I don't think I see overfeeding in the pics- hard to see clearly though . If anything- underfeeding or lockout from ph being too high.
Are you letting your mix sit for a while and verifying that the ph reading is steady, before feeding?
Could you post a higher res/less burry pic or two of the whole plants? :thumb:

It's difficult to tell the difference between soil and soilless (peat moss mixes - coco, etc) by a photo, and at least on my screen yours are very blurry so all I see is a blackish area. Anyway thanks- I googled the Allmix stuff and it's mostly peat moss and perlite, which is what I use and call soilless (not soil). But they say in their q&a to treat to like organic soil, so they must have some compost and whatnot added to it.
The feeding schedule seems a bit high, as they usually are- but I don't think I see overfeeding in the pics- hard to see clearly though . If anything- underfeeding or lockout from ph being too high.
Are you letting your mix sit for a while and verifying that the ph reading is steady, before feeding?
Could you post a higher res/less burry pic or two of the whole plants? :thumb:

Yes, I usually add all my fertilizers then wait for like 1-2 mins, then check its PH. BTW I'd like to thank you because after you asked if I have a reliable PH meter, I checked some botteled water PHs (You know, its always written on the label) The PH reading was crazy, it supposed to be 6.6 but my meter was reading 7.9 after some tests with PH 4 / 7 I decided to get another one and bought a reliable one. So the first mistake and the biggest I believe is corrected right now.

Then I flushed my plants again with 2 huge buckets of 6.5 PH water. Lu is better now, fed her with extra M/P/Iron but Betty is suffering from N deficiency I belive, it has a lot of yellowing leaves and as I touch them, they fall. Falling leaves are really really soft and thin. Unfortunaly I can't find Canna Mono Nitrogen, or any other mono fertilizer in my country (Don't know why) There's one thing you need to know, I flushed her today. I fed her with the correct PH but I forgot to flush her after getting PH meter :bravo: :( The buds on the other hand, betty's looks so weak isn't it? They're not dense as Lu's

I'm thinking increasing "Grow" fertilizer amount since it is rich in N, what do you guys think? Anyways, let me show you the pictures, they're all crystal clear.

Betty;

I think Lu is in a good shape, ha? The buds look dense and healty but they they even crawl and become normal looking buds, I mean like the buds we smoke :) Like this;

So, here is Lu;

I added fallen leaves as well, in case you guys might need them.

Thanks!

I spent a long time looking at these photos and going over the old deficiency threads. I'm still not sure. Try googling GWE nitrogen deficiency. Then when you read through that tutorial- at the bottom is a link to nitrogen toxicity. They can be somewhat similar- though N tox usually has very curled and clawed leaves in the symptoms. Yours seem a bit clawed but not so much that I think it fits with N toxicity. The upper growth seems plenty dark and rich in N though.

It's also possible that both these plants are rootbound. The pots seem a bit small but it's hard to tell from the photos. What height are the plants and how many gallons/litres are the pots?

In the end the fix is probably going to be the same answer. You need a fertilizer appropriate to flowering cannabis. That's (mainly) determined by the NPK numbers on the package.
If you don't already know this- NPK refers to the amounts, by total percentage, of the three most important plant nutrients. Nitrogen, Potassium, and Phosphorus (aka Kalium hence the K)

An NPK of 5-5-5 means it contains 5% total of each of these nutrients, amd 85% inert ingredients (water?).
An NPK of 10-10-10 has the same ratio and would be used for the same purposes but is twice as strong.

My veg nutes are 3-2-4.

My main flowering nutes are 2-3-5.
I have some other versions that are 1-3-5
The NPK numbers will vary but for a general bloom mix you want to look for a ratio that is low on N (one or 2%), higher in P, and even bigger in K.

There are also lots of other nutrients besides NPK. Micronutrients like iron, sulphur, calcium, magnesium etc.

Apparently some tomato fertilizers and cactus fertilizers work reasonably well for cannabis. I'm not sure if you have those where you are or can order nutrients by mail.

If you can't find anything - there is a good source of nutrients we all have easily available. Urine. It's nearly a perfect fertilizer. Its usually used fresh and needs to be diluted with water. There are a couple threads about it here which I can dig up for you, amd one 420 friend who uses urine only and has for a couple years. His plants do great.
The only drawback to using urine is the possible 'yuck factor' -from other people mainly. No it won't make your weed smell like pee or anything ridiculous like that. People are just a bit silly about these things so if you mention you're using urine you'll hear all sorts of stupid comments.

In flowering you need less N. There are many different formulas.

Back
Top Bottom