Havok's First Family

Havok

So yeah you can all call me Havok.:welcome:
This thread will show the growing up process of my very first family. I forgot my password and all that good jazz and it took me a while to get back on here, but greatly anticipating any help/tips I can receive from my fellow peers. My kids are now going on their 6th week and considering Im brand new to this....they are BEAUTIFUL

This is all roughly off the top of my head, the detailed numbers and pictures will come later so please don't chew my head off about it.

What strain is it? Down here its called Arizona or zona

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? I believe its an Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Currently in veg
If in Veg... For how long? 5 weeks going on 6
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil

Since they are about to go into their 6th week, I would like any advice/tips that you having to offer.

My set up is cheap and easy (being a college student, don't have that much)

3 CFLs shinning on 11 beautiful kids wrapped in a make-shift foil house with a oscillating fan blowing on them constantly.

Timer is on a 18/6 cycle which has been working pretty good so far

The bag is long gone but the potting soil mix is like dirt and compost and I remember it saying it was good for 6 months. They're in clay pots also.

Added nutes to them a few times only and extremely diluted it in water (Miracle Grow liquid plant feed, 2 drops in my watering bottle, haven't done it since that 1 watering bottle has run out)

Again, I remind you that this is my first family ever (tried once before but they didn't make it past germination) and I am sure i have many mistakes and problems with my garden so when adding your input please be easy with it.

I will upload the pictures as soon as i can and also any more detail that you would like to know, feel free to ask and I'll get that info to you right away.

Update as of 5/20/11

Just brought a light socket splitter so there are currently 4 CFLs going and they are responding well

PHOTOS!!!

Finally uploaded a few and here they are (these are about a week old now though)
IMG_0445_1_.JPG
IMG_0444_1_.JPG
IMG_0442_1_1.JPG
IMG_0443_1_.JPG

would appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism/tips/advice/happy comments :peace:

updated: this picture is older and some of them look limp but they are alright. When this was taken, I was putting them through LST
IMG_0427_1_.JPG

It gives you a quick site of my cheap set up though

Get those cfl's about 1-3 inches from those babies and you wont have such long stems. Looks like you're gonna have to stake some of those girls up but so far so good man :goodluck:

Thanks! and yeah I'm going to have to get them some support. they are longer than they look, I've just been adding more soil to give them a little more stability

So 5/23 is the start of week 6

Im still trying to decide if i want to change their light cycle now or should i wait a couple more weeks! (this hobby forces you to have patients)

PHOTOS
IMG_046910.JPG

I put 1 drop in ever other weekly watering. so far no burns YET (knock on wood)
IMG_04686.JPG

New growth from the stem, hard work from LSTing finally paying off:yahoo:

IMG_04678.JPG
IMG_046611.JPG
IMG_046510.JPG
IMG_046411.JPG
IMG_04637.JPG
IMG_046213.JPG
IMG_046113.JPG
IMG_046012.JPG
IMG_045914.JPG

UPDATE:

Today 5/25 just switched them to 12/12

now I read here and there that they grow about 3x their size after you switch to a 12/12 cycle is that true?

they're fair size now but will they grow more and quicker now that their about to enter "fall"?

UPDATE: So its now Saturday and they are LOVING the new light cycle and are fanning out beautiful leafs, I now have to keep a close eye to catch when they start to show their sex. Pics coming later today.

UPDATE: End of week 6

So last tuesday i changed their light cycle from 18/6 to the 12/12 and they have been loving it and now for your viewing pleasure, pics!
IMG_04836.JPG
IMG_048410.JPG
IMG_048512.JPG
IMG_04869.JPG
IMG_04879.JPG
IMG_048812.JPG
IMG_048911.JPG
:party:

They've had a total of 2 nute waterings EVER and I'll wait at least 2-3 more weeks before another one since im sure its still in the soil in certain areas the roots haven't gotten to yet but tips/advice/comments are more than welcomed. Stay lifted

Update: End of week 7

Doing nice although some leaves have been turning yellow. tore down the old foil housing and wrapped a new one around it, went out there one day and a sheet feel and was laying on 2-3 plants blocking them, I have no idea how long they were covered. Check on them today and 2 of my biggest babies were badly limp, hopefully watering them will fix that in a couple hours if not.....then we have a problem. other than that they are doing lovely. Have to get a new fan since the one I had in there died -_-

Hey Dude,I just wanna know how much watts are your cfls providing,and I'm gonna agree with what imsoripd said that the stems appear a little bit long.
I'm considering that you may need much more light for 11 plants,after all,they all looking fine now,hope they stay strong and finally make a nice bud!

Hey Dude,I just wanna know how much watts are your cfls providing,and I'm gonna agree with what imsoripd said that the stems appear a little bit long.
I'm considering that you may need much more light for 11 plants,after all,they all looking fine now,hope they stay strong and finally make a nice bud!

2 are 20 watts and 2 are 23

yeah the stems are long but pretty strong, gonna get something to stake them to soon

UPDATE: Currently week 8

As I type this I have a giant smile on my face. 3 have started to bud!!!

the rest are still growing and im hoping they arent males although my prize baby, the biggest on...I believe is a male (fingers cross that its not) but for your viewing pleasure again, more pics
IMG_050510.JPG
IMG_05067.JPG
IMG_050710.JPG
IMG_05088.JPG
IMG_05097.JPG
IMG_051011.JPG
IMG_05119.JPG
IMG_05127.JPG
IMG_05136.JPG

ipod can't really focus on it but yea if you look you can see the tops starting to bud on. today they got more sleep because of my power going out for a few hours, Im not changing the timer which of course stopped counting so they can get the rest of their daytime, this throws them into a new schedule but I believe if i try to change it again it will cause too must stress. semi nuted a few gonna wait 2 water cycles then fully nute them again. 2 drops of the MG in a gallon and shaken should be good enough to not cause burns or damage.

questions/comments are always more than welcome. Now if you don't mind, Im going to go stare at them some more. Such a beautiful plant!

Are you planning on replanting? If not you might want to get a start on that LST by lightly training those stalks around your pots, I'm no expert on LST but that's what i've see around the boards. If you do replant, plant them up to the lower set of leaves. These are the most hearty and strong plants you could ever grow. They grow like weeds, lol. I'm strapped in for your grow:goodluck: bro.

Are you planning on replanting? If not you might want to get a start on that LST by lightly training those stalks around your pots, I'm no expert on LST but that's what i've see around the boards. If you do replant, plant them up to the lower set of leaves. These are the most hearty and strong plants you could ever grow. They grow like weeds, lol. I'm strapped in for your grow:goodluck: bro.

At first I wasnt but i may try to switch a couple to a bigger pot to see, more are starting to bud each day so i need to hurry up and get some pots and more soil. Hopefully I can find the same stuff thats in the pots now since that soil worked so well. the one in the cup has the biggest bud so far and the root/stem is spiraled under the dirt. Im scared to move her and have the stress kill her when shes doing so well but she is one that has to move to a bigger spot. You're right on the LST, I did it when they were younger and yeah its time to do it some more :D get them growing from more spots, just have to get another light splitter to compensate. oh yeah....my fan died so i have to get one of those too.;)

If you have the means, put them in at least 12 in. pots for the rest of your grow. These plants pretty much grow themselves and the roots would love that room.:nicethread:

UPDATE: almost week 9

Loving the help/advice im getting, soon as I get paid, I'll pick up some bigger pots.

For your viewing pleasure...well you already know by now right ;)

So proud of them!!!!
IMG_052011.JPG
IMG_05215.JPG
IMG_05236.JPG
IMG_05226.JPG
IMG_05246.JPG
IMG_05257.JPG
IMG_05267.JPG
IMG_052710.JPG

The very tall one with the spaced out leave im worried is a male but yet it looks like buds are starting to form on it 0_o

Males!!!

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
so thanks to a user on a forum, I have discovered that those are males and they need to die. Killing them will be painful since they are still my babies and are the biggest and oldest. Don't think there's enough THC to even make hash so i'll just trash it all later tonight while everyone's sleep. thats 4 (four) plants but still leaves me with 5 ladies and 2 unknown sproutlings

UPDATE: End of week 9

Re-arranged the grow area and moved them down lower so they can grow upwards a little more. Randomly daily sprays with water, they seem to like it.
still need to get my hands on a cheap fan.

also repotted one into its own pot so let see how she takes the tranfer

For Your Viewing Pleasure
IMG_05358.JPG

She's limp because she was getting thirsty

IMG_05348.JPG
IMG_053310.JPG
IMG_05327.JPG

Everytime i step in there, the smell has me going crazy! I love it!!:yummy:

Looking good. I know it sucks to pull the males because you grew them but it has to be done.

Back
Top Bottom