Hawaii Hemp Bill Clears House, Heads To Senate

Truth Seeker

The Hawaii House of Representatives unanimously passed HB154 HD2, to establish an industrial hemp research pilot program.

The bill now goes to the Senate.

A primary focus of the research is phytoremediation, the process by which the hemp plant draws toxins out of the soil and processes them safely through its roots, stalk, branches, and leaves.

House lawmakers expanded the scope of the research to include industrial hemp's value as a biofuel feedstock in Hawaii.

"People now understand how industrial hemp can benefit Hawaii," said State Representative Cynthia Thielen (R, 50th District: Kailua, Kaneohe Bay), who cosponsored HB154. "The hemp plant itself uses phytoremediation to cleanse the soil of pesticides, heavy metals, oil, and other toxins."

"Adding industrial hemp as a source of biofuel is another avenue worth pursuing," Thielen said. "Reducing our dependence on foreign oil through the use of a renewable resource would be very good for Hawaii."

The bill was introduced by Thielen, Speaker Joseph Souki, Representative Derek Kawakami, Representative Sylvia Luke, and Representative Angus McKelvey.

Woman_Near_Hemp_Field.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: hawaiinewsnow.com
Author: Hawaii News Now
Website: Hawaii hemp bill clears House, heads to Senate - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

I have told my kids that this is will be the money maker in the future.i so hope they invest in it...Running cars and trucks on Hemp???? unbelievable !!!!But its ture..boy things are bound to change for the better ,well at least for hemp farmers.....so glad I lived long enough to see this.....I so hope "they " don't keep hemp illegal..But as we know...Its money that will keep things as is or change for the better...Lets hope/pray for better days ahead ...Happy Trails,Red

Back
Top Bottom