Hawaiian Hemphog - CronicHemphog's First Outdoor Grow

Ok lets get this rolling
ive grown outdoor before but its been awhile
strains
a cali connection gsc clone
its been vegging under lights going to stay there till the soil is done cooking
2 kosher kush clones vegging under lights will not be near as big as the gsc clone when it goes out
then ill throw 1 gsc in there seed from herbies another will be in a 7 gallon smart pot
so ill have 5 out there

the soil
its cooking
the base is called tropical mix from a local company that mulches and makes soils
this base is like a potting soil
other things added most people know about
bat guano
seabird guano
earthworm castings
oyster shells
bonemeal
feathermeal
fishmeal
perlite
I mixed up a half yard of soil so
2 big bags of perlite
and other ingredients were used by boxes or big bags
also the local soil under was also tilled and conditioned using
soil conditioner
black cinder
earthworm castings
perlite
also I forgot to mention mycorrihaze was added to the half yard
the whole bag
theres a couple of natural secret ingredients I was told not to mention as
a friend gave me the recipe
well see how it turns out
I have a few pics to post tomorrow
also there was a couple small clones thrown out into the natural dirt
for a test to see what attacks it as far as pest goes
also to see what lacks in the natural soil for nutrients
basically its a iron clay dirt
red dirt not a lot of drainage can get saturated quick and is very compacted
if not its turns to mush when it gets soaked but I wanted more depth then the depth
of the box itself which is 10 inches
so with the ground I worked below I got a good 20-24 inches of depth
the box is 4 feet by 8 feet and is going to house the 4 plants
a friend of mine is growing out 2 of the clones I gave him he supplemented light for about a month
now its about 7 feet and flowering think it may have been about 2 feet or slighty taller
when he first put it outside but still had the light supplemented for a month outside before he let it go
I'm not going for that kinda big yet
more people can see where I am then where he is so I'm gonna keep it a bit smaller
not going to supplement light once I throw it out its under natural light
and once the soil is cooked actually sooner lol I'm gonna start throwing them in
this gsc can take some hot soil so I may throw it in real soon
so my buddy got his box at 4 x 12 with 2 gsc clones in there
ill post a pic after I get rid of my face on it well maybe its on my phone pics work out better
with my regular camera
always comes out the right way
anywho
ill try and get up some pics tomorrow and well get this party started :thumb:

Subscribed Chronic

Drive bye.... You KNOW I ain't going to miss this one.... GL and may the Pound God's smile upon you... Keepem Green

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Seriously gotta get in on this one... Cronic outdoors... Gonna be a good one!

FE

hey Brotha far Thanks :high-five:

Aloha buddy! :cheer:

Aloha and Mahalo Brotha :Namaste:

Subscribed Chronic

hey 60 thanks for subbin in :thumb:

Drive bye.... You KNOW I ain't going to miss this one.... GL and may the Pound God's smile upon you... Keepem Green

I hope so I don't think I can supplement light tho too many neighbors will see the plants lol
I'm sure ill get a decent weight from 4-5 plants outside :thumb:

Thanks brotha I already mixed my soil so well see what comes of it :thumb:

Welcome Brother :Namaste:

High Sistah D :circle-of-love:

ok heres what the start looks like

DSC084463.JPG

that's an hgk in the cup its going in a pot I think
I think I'm gonna put my decent sized gsc that I been vegging a couple small kosher kush clones and a couple small gsc clones
I'm wondering if I should supplement light but I don't want the bigger one too big
well see maybe Ill just go nuts
maybe ill scrog to keep it down and spread it oud if I supplement light
still debating

DSC084473.JPG

so I think I mentioned in the start of the journal the box is 4 feet by 8 feet and about 20 inches deep tilled and mixed

the board is only 10 inches I had to work the existing ground to get an additional 10

DSC084483.JPG

as I was saying in my first post very heavy iron in the clay here
threw a couple clones in the ground just to see what the plant would do as far as bugs and lack or unlack of nutes in the natural soil
more like dirt :rofl:

DSC084494.JPG

DSC084504.JPG

ok I'm all finally caught up
the hgk may go into pots already both of them and be put out cause I want something out there for this
journal :rofl:
and as soon as the soil is ready ill throw the clones in
may be slightly hot when I throw em in
a friend of mine did that with a couple gsc clones I gave him and they took it fine :thumb:

anywho I'm finally caught up :rofl:

on another note I unleashed 1000 lacewing larvae today to see what pest they will eat

ok I lied I am supplementing light outdoors for a few weeks lol
it looks too tiny I want it bigger :thumb:
ill have this weeks update up tonight or tomorrow night :thumb:

Just driving thru. Hey a fast question, how many hours daylight do you have today? Hawaii is abit different there, compared with here, as far as hours in a day. Least I think, being closer to the equator, you'll have a different flowering schedule. But as you said supplemental lights. That gas lantern cycle is supposed to work nicely. Even 15 minutes of light in the middle of the night from a 23 watt CFL works to keepem vegging. Looks like you got a sweet grow bed setup my friend. How many are you planing on putting in there? And whats your regulations? I forget what mine are, not that I myself, cares about numbers anyways, but I'm close. Looking forward to seeing some monsters out there in the near future. Some 8 foot 2 lb monsters..... Keepem Green

Just driving thru. Hey a fast question, how many hours daylight do you have today? Hawaii is abit different there, compared with here, as far as hours in a day. Least I think, being closer to the equator, you'll have a different flowering schedule. But as you said supplemental lights. That gas lantern cycle is supposed to work nicely. Even 15 minutes of light in the middle of the night from a 23 watt CFL works to keepem vegging. Looks like you got a sweet grow bed setup my friend. How many are you planing on putting in there? And whats your regulations? I forget what mine are, not that I myself, cares about numbers anyways, but I'm close. Looking forward to seeing some monsters out there in the near future. Some 8 foot 2 lb monsters..... Keepem Green

gonna try to keep it around 6 ft but I do plan to get better weight
I got 6 out there now
2 hgk one in a pot one in the bed
2 kosher kush clones in the bed
2 gsc clones in the bed
Ill try to get my update posted tonight for the last couple weeks so you can see what I'm doing
1 gsc clone has been vegging for a few weeks indoors and I have given that one almost half of the bed so that will be the big one
the other 4 are split in the other half and of course the last one in the pot
gonna have to let it go about chest height since there will be many people who will be able to see it :rofl:
hrs of daylight now is around 14 maybe slightly more but dropping since we past the summer solstice
and I'm using those new bulb type led's 2 of them daylight bulbs I have a pic with them under light at night also

Thanks for updating I am real excited to watch your out door grow ,,:high-five:

well thank you Brother for thanking me and I haven't gotten it up yet been busy with life things and the grow is getting to a point where
I might have to not expand anymore for now :rofl:

ok I been busy and slacking at the same time lol
my yard is getting greener with the grass I planted too
tired of getting muddy feet lol
ill do my best to get an update up by Monday night
itll be a 3 week update so hopefully theres some noticeable difference as I'm going to give it one to two more weeks of supplemental light before I go with natural sunlight hrs :thumb:
thanks for dropping by everyone

edit ok I backtracked and yes the difference will be noticeable :rofl:
ill try and get it posted tomorrow night

Back
Top Bottom