Hawaiian Skunk Auto Grow

6thsense

A little background first . Ive been growing for about a year and a half . Ive had 4 successful harvests so far and the quality of my plants have been getting progressively better . I just finished my last grow a few weeks ago and was able to pull almost a 3/4 of a pound of pretty nice bud off 3 plants . BUT it seems at the exact same point in flowering l have been getting some kind of deficiency that looks like cal but even after I supplement with cal mag the problem just keeps progressing. To make a long story short the whole point of this grow is to try to figure out what Im doing wrong . I have enough bud to probably last me over a year so I’m not concerned about the yield . Im going to also be more aggressive with defoliation just to experiment. I will post pics and all the details tonight or tomorrow morning . I hope some of the heavyweights on 420 can tune in and help me figure out where I can improve my growing . This wont be the most exciting journal ( im only popping one seed ) but you’ll be seriously helping someone that wants to learn .

Lets get some details
Strain - Rockets seeds Hawaiian skunk autflower
Tent - 2’x2’x4’
Growing medium - 50% happy frog 50% perlite /worm castings mix
Nutes - Mega crop and sweet candy , ill also add some mycoroots
Lighting - mars-hydro ts1000 led
3 gal fabric pot
4” infinity inline fan
4DCF86AB-FCC4-41E3-B65B-AE8CF92A890C.jpeg
7135B782-3E3F-4234-AEF9-39C9C1EEA65A.png
F7A35053-52B8-4D91-82CB-5C6E30F66E66.jpeg
E5F5DFF9-D86F-44B6-82B6-5F42BF030E82.jpeg

if you’ll notice the herbs now box on the floor they sent me this thing in the mail just like that I was not pleased at all . So much for stealth mailing . Also the room is a mess as Im still getting everything set up .

Highya 6th! :high-five:

I’m going to go read through your last 2 journals to get a feel for your mid-flowering issue.

Since you’re going to use MC to grow an Auto, you might be interested in the grows that @farside05 has completed. The one that yielded 29.5 oz from 3 Autos starts HERE

Wishing you an excellent grow! :passitleft:

In your last grow, you seemed to think that you had issues with knowing the pH. If you aren’t using a pre-buffered medium like ProMix or Sunshine #4, you will definitely need to check pH. EWC and perlite are both neutral (pH 7). So your medium is on the high side for some nutrients, and you may need to adjust the pH of your feed solution - especially if you need to aim for the hydro range (5.5 - 6.2), as I suspect. A good pH pen is a sound investment.

In your last grow, you seemed to think that you had issues with knowing the pH. If you aren’t using a pre-buffered medium like ProMix or Sunshine #4, you will definitely need to check pH. EWC and perlite are both neutral (pH 7). So your medium is on the high side for some nutrients, and you may need to adjust the pH of your feed solution - especially if you need to aim for the hydro range (5.5 - 6.2), as I suspect. A good pH pen is a sound investment.
image.jpg

This is the pen ive been using . Ive been ph’ing to 6.5 . You think I should be ph’ing lower ?

Highya 6th! :high-five:

I’m going to go read through your last 2 journals to get a feel for your mid-flowering issue.

Since you’re going to use MC to grow an Auto, you might be interested in the grows that @farside05 has completed. The one that yielded 29.5 oz from 3 Autos starts HERE

Wishing you an excellent grow! :passitleft:
Wow !!! I was able to get 8 oz of 2 autos and I thought that was good lol 29oz is insane

image.jpg

This is the pen ive been using . Ive been ph’ing to 6.5 . You think I should be ph’ing lower ?
That’s a good pen. I use an Apera also.

I’m not sure what pH you should be aiming for in that mix. It seems more like an “organic” hydro to me, so I would probably try lower - like around 6

That’s a good pen. I use an Apera also.

I’m not sure what pH you should be aiming for in that mix. It seems more like an “organic” hydro to me, so I would probably go lower - like around 6
Interesting. Im going to give that a try . Its just seems like everything is going perfectly through veg and the first 1/2 of flowering and then all of a sudden its just like boom I start getting spots on the leaves and then it progresses to tons of necrotic leaves

Let’s try to drill down a bit. What was your dose (MC + ?) when you started seeing leaf damage? Do you water to runoff every time? If so, how much? If not, do you rinse out the medium about 4-5 weeks into the grow?
Im usually at 5.5 - 6 g /gal of mc and 1g/gal of sweet candy
I always water to runoff at this point . I try to guestimate 15%

That all seems pretty good. I understand that the SC can be tricky to dial in. Your leaf damage looks a bit like mine when I got a little high with Bud Expl.
I used bud explosion on my hash plant grow and I feel like I burned the plants up . I got the same dying leaves on my next grow but no where near as bad as when I used BE .

It’s a good thing. Calcium won’t get to the upper growth without it.

This is probably unrelated, but please tell me why you use EWC. Does it break down into a fine silt in the perlite?
Someone gave me a 100 pounds of it and a member on 420 had posted about using it as a medium so basically Im just trying to be cheap and not pay for expensive ffof

Back
Top Bottom