Haystack Has Cannabisitis And He's Sour About It

@Grandpa Tokin
Thanks for your advice and your journal. I've learned a lot. But I think one of my main problems with low returns are due to the bud washing. A lot of oil came out of the buds as I was washing them. I guess washing works fine for smoking, but not so good for pressing. But I had to wash because it was an outdoor grow and has some powdery mildew and a lot of other junk That I either sprayed on it from being grown outdoors.

This grow is indoors in a nice clean environment. So I don;t really see the need to wash anything. All I have to do is wait another 5 weeks or so and see what I get. I'll press some when it's done and post in this thread. Stay tuned.

Hey everyone. I've been crazy busy lately and really haven't had time to update as much as I'd like. The tent is going great and things are really starting to happen now. I had a little problem with nutrient burn because I had the PPM's up around 1800 :0 That was way too high. So I brought them PPM's back down to a reasonable 1300 last weekend. You can see a little burning on the tips of the leaves.

But all in all it's great.

I took this pic from the back. It was a blind shot, but it came out pretty nice, I think.

Here are a few more pics of the buds. I may pull out one of the CMH lights and drop one of my old LED's back in. The light seems like it might be a little too intense for the buds. There is a little bit of foxtailing going on from what I can tell. What do you think?

Looking good Haystack.

The foxtailing could also be a result of stress caused by the very high EC.
Thanks for that info. Good to know. This is my first DWC grow and I'm learning a lot. Hopefully my next grow will be better.

Hey everyone
Unfortunately I have not kept up on this thread for a few weeks. It it's harvest time for some of my crop.

As you can see, they've become a little bushy because I didn't really keep up on the trimming.

They look pretty good though. But there was a little foxtailing, I kept the lights a little too close. I'll be doing things a little differently next time

I'll be posting a more pics after I harvest.

Now it's time to catch up on this grow. I can't believe I've put this off for so long. It almost a whole month late. Shit. Anyway, here are some pics from where I left off.

After the first harvest, I ended up with about 4.5 oz of some really nice smoke. I have not pressed any yet, but I will be soon when my friend from Socal comes up here.

The first harvest was all of the big tops. I left a lot of the immature buds to ripen for another week along with the other full plant that I had not started to harvest yet. Unfortunately, I did not take any pics of the plants after the first harvest. But here is what they both looked like after the second harvest. All the big tops are gone and just the bottom immature buds were left.

Then I started on the plant I started harvesting the previous week and was left with this.

I left the rest to ripen up for one more week. But this is what I harvested on the second harvest

I finally got around to jarring up the rest of it and ended up with a little under 12 oz I've smoked a lot of it, but this is what's left.

All in all it was a pretty good grow. Unfortunately I didn't have the time I really needed to put into this grow. But hopefully the next grow will be better. But it's some good ass smoke. That' for sure. I'm making more time for my new grow. These plants really need a lot of time and effort to make them turn out the way you want them to. If you don't have the time, don't do the grow.

I'm going away for a few days, so I thought I would post a little update.
Everything is going well so far. The new growth is nice and green and the roots are really growing fast. IT was only a few days ago that the roots started growing out the bottom of the baskets. Now they are really coming out a lot.

Since this is my first time with hydro. I'm not really sure if this is good growth for a week and a half. But if it were in soil, I'd say it's doing very well.

If you all see anything that you think I should be aware of, please let me know.
I noticed it had pretty good growth in 10 days. How did it turn out. I am doing research for home growth.

Back
Top Bottom