HayStack

So, I dunno. This seems all to fun for me to stop now. I've started another grow and decided to start yet another journal to record my grow.

My latest grow consists of two Sour Diesel Lemon Kush plants (Foreground in pic.) and two Guava Jelly plants (Background in pic.) I'll be growing again in DWC. I'm still debating about continuing in hydro. I kind of like soil a little better at this point. It just seems like I have had better harvests in soil. But I'm gonna give it one more shot in hydro. This time with four plants instead of two.

Once again, I'll be using Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Grow A and Connoisseur Grow B along with B-52, Voodoo Juice and Sensi Cal-Mag Extra for veg.

And

Connoisseur Bloom A , Connoisseur Bloom B , Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52 and Overdrive for flower.

The Guava Jelly plants were started on 2-2-19 and the SDLK's were started on 2-9-19. The two little plants in the middle are cuttings from the Sour Patch kids that are about ready to harvest. The cutting were originally for a friend to take home. But since he left them here, I just put them back in the flower tent to see what would happen. Once I noticed they were rooting, I moved them into the veg tent. Is it too late to but them back into veg? I dunno. But if they start to veg again, I may keep them as mother plants and get yet another 3x3 tent to keep them. I may even discard one of them to make room for a mother Guava Jelly and a mother SDLK.

Oh, and I forgot to add. I also have about a dozen seeds that came off of one of my summer grow plants. They are actually a cross between a Enchanted Cookies strain that my relative was growing and it pollinated one of the UltraViolence plants. We decided to name the seeds Enchanted Violence. If they germinate successfully, I'll make another journal for them. Fun fun fun!

Finally, I have a little time to do a few updates on my grow. I know it's been a while, but I've just been busy with work and other things. So, All is well with the grow. Here are a few pics from wayyyyyyy back on 02-22-19. Still under the bluple light and doing well. Lots of new growth since the trimming just a few days earlier.

Now this is where the fun starts. On Monday night after finally getting rid of the last of the old grow from my 4x4, I decided to move them to the 4x4 tent for some better CMH lighting. I did a lot more training and put them in the tent and zipped it up. Then I went out for dinner and came back to this. I gotta say I was a little worried when I got home. I thought I may have done a little permanent damage. I turned off one of the CMH lights and left the door to the tent open all night to let them recover. I guess when you go from a couple 1000 watt LED's that only draw a total of about 370 watts to CHM lights that draw a full 630 watts of power, it really stresses the plants out a bit. You can really see how much they started drooping. The one in the right rear seemed to take the most damage. But all of them were drooping at least a little bit.

So, this brings us to last night and today. All of the plants have made a full recovery and are beginning to grow like crazy again.

The pics of the roots were taken last night and they look pretty good to me. I topped all of the plants, so now just about every branch that is pointing up has been topped. That should give me a lot of tops for this grow. I also took all of the main tops and pointed them outward to each corner of the tent. Hopefully this will give the lower branches that are towards the middle of the tent a chance to catch up to the main branch of each plant. I've never done that before, but I hope it works. Once they've grown enough, I'll put the trellis back on and do one more final training. But I'm not sure if I'll do that training and the trellis before I put them in flower or after they've been in flower for a week or two. I'll just see how they look and decide then. I'm no longer a newb at indoor growing, but just experimenting a little bit to see what will give me the best quality and quantity growing in this small tent. I'm still struggling to get to that 2 lb harvest with four plants. Hopefully this time I'll get it.

Here's the root pics.

And here's the plant pics. Looking good to me after my little scare on Monday night!

They look really good haystack! Really nice structure. I'll admit i doubted when i saw the first defoliation picture but holy smokes, look at the results!

When you saw them drooping after putting them under the cmh did you do anything or just let them adjust and bounce back?

They look really good haystack! Really nice structure. I'll admit i doubted when i saw the first defoliation picture but holy smokes, look at the results!

When you saw them drooping after putting them under the cmh did you do anything or just let them adjust and bounce back?
Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you like them. As to your question, I did do something. I left the tent front door open all night and I shut down one of the CMH lights. By the next morning, they were still drooping, but not as much. By that evening, they were looking good. That night I decided to turn the other light back on again. By Wednesday morning, they were all back to normal.

Unfortunately things got a little busy with my company and another business venture I got involved with. So I never had time to complete this journal. But, I did get about 14 oz out of the Sour Diesel Lemon Kush. I pressed just about all of it and ended up with some might fine rosin. Here are a couple pics of what I got. 75 grams of some really nice stuff. My friend and I got sooooooooooo stoned when we were pressing.

The Guava Jelly came out pretty good too. It's a 2:1 CBD plant. So it's not super stoney, but it works wonders for pain. When I get a headache, I'll roll one up and in about 10 minutes, I'm good. I only got about 10 oz of it, but I'm fine with that.

Oh, and just for the hell of it. Here are a few pics of what I got growing now.

This is my current outdoor grow. Unfortunately both of the Enchanted Violence I had growing went male on me, so I pulled one a month ago and just cut down the other one this morning. But I still have two Sour PAtch Kids and one Strawnana going. The sour Patch Kids are the two on either end and the Strawnana is the one in the middle.

This is one of my current indoor grows. They are all Blackjack strain. They cam from some cuttings I took from my last grow in this tent.

I have another grow in my 4x4 that I don;t have any pics of yet. But they are 4 cuttings that I took from the SPK outdoor grow. I'll post some pics soon.

Wow! Awesome press results! That is not something I have tried. I will definitely have to look into that CBD strain. I need to find something like that for my daily micro-doses.

As for your new grows...They look awesome! So much growth on those outdoor!

Here are a few pics of the two SPK plants I have outside on my deck. These pics were taken back on 3-24-19. I actually started them from a couple plants I had growing indoors. I've been experimenting a little bit with clones started from a plant deep in the flower cycle. It works, but I don;t think I'll do it anymore. It takes about a month and a half just to get them to root and break out of the flower cycle. then another month before any decent growth starts.

I'll find more pics and post them

Then I started working on my cabin. I put about 12K into it. These pics are in the cleanup stage. That was a ton or work. I had kind of let it go since the winter of 2016. It took forever going making the 2.5 hr drive and working at least 8 hours everyday, but at least I got it done.

Then I built this little pergola so I could feel like I was gettimg something accomplished Hahahahaha. The place was still somewhat of a mess, but I really needed this so I could feel good about myself.

Back
Top Bottom