Haystack's Outdoor Grow

Here are a couple pics of the final tally. Although I never weighed all of it, I know approximately how much I get in a jar. I'm pretty sure I've got about 7 lbs in all those jars. My original goal was 8 lbs. But with all the issues I had, I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Here are a couple pics of the final tally. Although I never weighed all of it, I know approximately how much I get in a jar. I'm pretty sure I've got about 7 lbs in all those jars. My original goal was 8 lbs. But with all the issues I had, I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Wow, great job what do you get per jar approximately? I only ended up with 8 jars Is that a trimming machine I see on the shelf?

Wow, great job what do you get per jar approximately? I only ended up with 8 jars Is that a trimming machine I see on the shelf?

I usually get a little over an oz in the quart jars and about 2.5 oz in the half gallon jars. But my brother in managed to stuff 4 oz in each of his half gallon jars. But they were really stuffed full.

Nice haul Haystacks, I can't imagine trimming all that. But then, I smoke most of what I grow. Don't like trimming for someone else. Those were on your porch, right? Really awesome job!

Nice haul Haystacks, I can't imagine trimming all that. But then, I smoke most of what I grow. Don't like trimming for someone else. Those were on your porch, right? Really awesome job!
I actually grew them on my deck in the backyard. It's a great place to grow mostly because there is no stairway to get up there. It helps keep the wild animals on the hillside out. The actual amount of sunlight could be better. At least 4 hrs a day gets blocked by the neighboring house in the morning and a couple hours during the months of June and July, it get's blocked by my roof. I have a southern exposure in the back yard, but the rooftops get in the way. I'm thinking of possibly making the rooftop my garden location. I was going to do that this year, but I got scared because of all the heat we had last year.

You did a great job with what you had. The roof will get more sun, for sure!

I thought I was done with this journal, but I was wrong. I've kept the UltraViolence plants going over the past few weeks and they continue to produce. Last month after my harvest, they looked like this.

The pics make them look better than the were. They were really just very airy and whispy buds. But slowly, some of the buds began to fatten up and turn a darker shade of purple. So I figured I'd harvest a bit more. It's not much. Maybe an ounce or a little more. But they look like they'll be really good. Maybe even better than the first harvest.

This is what I got today.

And the trichs actually look pretty good.

Tomorrow I'll be making a second harvest on the other UV. It will probably be about the same as what I got today.

After I harvest tomorrow, I'm going to leave what's left and let it grow over the winter. If we have a mild winter, it just might make it till spring of next year. I've never done that before, but I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. Maybe I'll keep this journal going for one more season or more. If nothing else it will be interesting to watch.

Hiya HayStack,

I did that this year with a couple autos. Had them in 5 gal buckets (1 ea). Left them out through several frosty nights. They started turning purple. They had ice and snow on them (a little) at one point. The bigger fans started to get bad and dry up, so I decided to chop them. If we only had a few nights frost (like in the lower tier of states), they'd grow all winter. But not here in Maine, lol. Good luck with yours!

Hiya HayStack,

I did that this year with a couple autos. Had them in 5 gal buckets (1 ea). Left them out through several frosty nights. They started turning purple. They had ice and snow on them (a little) at one point. The bigger fans started to get bad and dry up, so I decided to chop them. If we only had a few nights frost (like in the lower tier of states), they'd grow all winter. But not here in Maine, lol. Good luck with yours!
Like you, the frost is my fear. But sometimes we can have a frost free winter. That's what I'm hoping for. But as long as this thread is still active, they'll still be growing.

If it does make it through the winter, it will more than likely be a slightly different strain. From what I know about the UV strain, it's pretty much an indoor strain. If it makes it, it will definitely be a more hardy strain. We'll see.

You should seriously consider getting a vacuum-sealer....I consolidated a lot of my jars that way and they store easier. You can get about 4 of those jars in a 12x12" vacuum bag. Added benefits are that you remove additional air (which you don't need post-cure) and they don't break! Just label them before you fill and seal and stash them somewhere dark and cool.
Killer haul though....:bravo:

You should seriously consider getting a vacuum-sealer....I consolidated a lot of my jars that way and they store easier. You can get about 4 of those jars in a 12x12" vacuum bag. Added benefits are that you remove additional air (which you don't need post-cure) and they don't break! Just label them before you fill and seal and stash them somewhere dark and cool.
Killer haul though....:bravo:

That's a great idea to put them in vacuum bags, I've never done that before. But I guess it would take up a lot less room. I could even store them in the fridge.

That's a great idea to put them in vacuum bags, I've never done that before. But I guess it would take up a lot less room. I could even store them in the fridge.
It is definitely worth it....you can label the plastic with Sharpie before you stuff and seal them...it reduces the space they need dramatically.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Nice journal, @HayStack! I wish I had found this sooner. By the looks of your pics, I think we're neighbors somewhat ;). It would have been nice to compare our grows since our weather conditions were quite similar (I'm actually downhill from you so the fog wasn't as bad for me). Looking forward to next season :peace:.

Hey all, I'm back. At least for now until the next wave of work comes. I've just been too busy to do anything here. I have a little cabin up in the mountains that I've been trying to get ready for a VRBO and AirBNB rental. I thought it would be easy. But the more I worked on it, the more things I found that needed to be fixed. So, here I am a couple hundred hours of hard labor and a little over $10,000.00 later, back on this site. Hahahahaha.

But I have been keeping my grows going. and some of them have turned out really nice. I harvested an indoor grow of Sour Diesel Lemon Kush and some Gwava Jelly in my 4x4. I only got about 10 oz from the Gwava Jelly, but I got about 14 oz out of the Sour Diesel Lemon Kush. I pressed all of the SDLK and got 75 gr of some really nice rosin that would get you wasted. The Gwava Jelly is pretty good smoke too. It's a 2:1 CBD strain. So it doesn't get you really high, but it works great for pain.
Here is a couple pics of the 75 gr.

Anyway, my newest grow is outdoors now. For some reason I just love growing outdoors. It's just a lot more relaxing and fun than indoor grows. In this grow I have 4 plants from 3 different strains. the two bushy ones are some clones that I took off my indoor grow of Sour Patch Kids. Although I never finished that journal here, I did finish the grow. It wasn't that good and I only got about 10 oz out of two plants. But, I did manage to get a couple clones out of it when i was just about harvest time. It started out that I was just playing to see what would happen if I took cuttings at about week 7 of flower. They took a couple months to get going, but once it started vegging again, they really took off.
Here are a few pics of the SPK plants

the other two plants I have growing is a clone that I bought at a local dispensary. It's a Strawbana strain. The other one is from some seeds that we made from my last years UltraViolence strain crossed with one of my brother in laws Enchanted Cookies strain that turned male. Before it went male, he named it Britney. Then once it turned male, as we were cutting it down he said, "Say goodbye to Bobby." Hahaha. But the pollen got into the UltraViolence flowers and we started finding seeds throughout the flowers. We decided to name the strain Enchanted Violence. It sounded cool at the time anyway.
Here is a pic of the Enchanted Violence.

And here is a pic of the Strawbana

Oh, and then there is the back story to the Enchanted Violence strain. We sprouted 7 seeds back in April and kept them growing in one of my tents until the middle of may. At that time my brother in law took 6 of them for his outdoor grow and I took 1. I planted the one I had and let it grow in my tent. Unfortunately it turned male and I had to pull it. One of my brother in laws plants also went male. We pulled it yesterday, but kept a few branches for the pollen.

And then there is the one Enchanted Violence that I still have on the deck. that one came out of nowhere. All I know is back in late April I was out on my deck and I noticed there was a sprout in my pots from last year. the plant that was in that pot was an UltraViolence. And since my brother in law grows downstairs from me, I assume some of the pollen landed on my plant upstairs on the deck. And since it looks identical to the other Enchanted Violence plants I assume it is the same.

And lastly, here is a pic of all 4 plants.

I'll do my best to keep this going and post as often as I get time. But even though I have my cabin done, I have another side project that will keep me pretty damn busy for at least the next few months. But I'll be here from time to time.

Enjoy!

Oh, and one last thing. Back in November after the harvest, I said I would keep the grow going to see if it would make it to spring. It didn't. The weather turned pretty cold and unfortunately everything died. Oh well. IT looks like I have a better grow this year anyway.

Back
Top Bottom