HazePhase's LED Organic No-Till Grow Journal, 2017

Sorry to those that are actually following along, it's been awhile as I've been busy with plants, life and work :)

It's day 23 of flower and I am done training them under the screen.
Everything was even however there is one plant where the main branches took off so they are about 5 inches higher than the rest.
I know I am to have a completely even Canopy but there is no other way to get it to do this at this time and it's only a few tops so I will just try and make sure they don't case too much shadow on the areas below.

I've been following a:
Water/Water/Tea/Water/Water/Tea/Water/Water/SST -- type of watering cycle.

My teas are in a previous post but now include Bat Guano to help with flowering as it's Phosphorus heavy.
(Molasses/kelpmeal/crabmeal/alfalfameal/EWC/RockDust/HumicAcid/BatGuano)

They have been trimmed and pruned and I could probably take off a bit more but I am going to leave it as I've been doing a few days and one big day so I don't want to stress them anymore.
I've never cloned before so when I was pruning I ended up with 19 clones in my Clone King which are coming along nicely :) - pictures attached.

I will end up with some smaller buds below but this is my first grow and I wanted to see how everything grows and how I can learn to prune and trim for next go around.

My mother plant has been tied down now as she was getting too big and she has till August 15th till I take clones from her for my next cycle :)

Well I think that is everything.
Here are some pictures.

Have a wonderful day everyone and thank you for following along!
HazePhase

IMG_110642.JPG
IMG_110556.JPG
IMG_110448.JPG
IMG_110351.JPG
IMG_110254.JPG
IMG_110154.JPG
IMG_108454.JPG
IMG_108947.JPG
IMG_109046.JPG
IMG_107542.JPG

Hey there Haze... looks like you've got your scrog dialed it ... ladies looking mighty fine indeed.

Sorry I sub'd up last month and lost track ... so back and now good to see you have your lighting firing on all cylinders. That looks awesome.

I think you have plenty of light, your plants will let you know when they get too much. I'm guessing they are done stretch?? If so I'd drop the lamps down to say 24-30 inches from the tops of the tallest plants turn em up on full and keep the ladies watered.

I run perpetual SOG so different style so no help with the training thing... I'm a hands off and stay out of the way type grower. Your setup of looks awesome, very very professional looking and clean.

For watering .... I usually only do RO water (don't ph anything) RO water PH is AWLAYS 6.5. The plants roots and micro-organisms work the PH naturally so you shouldn't need to add anything. Just be sure your water in right (before you add stuff to it). The PH up/down stuff is not organic so it was have negative effect on the the micro-herd if you get too happy with it.

You can get a cheap RV type water filter that will filter most of the crap out of your tap water... or you can get an RO Buddy for like $80 CAN check Amazon.. and be up and running RO water and never have to worry about it again. What I do.

I noticed you don't have an IPM regimen. At some point you should start to assemble the bits and pieces for the inevitable insect thing.

You may get away with no issues this run .... eventually you will have something that needs attention. Don't bring people into the grow room, they carry all sorts of critters on clothing shoes etc... you get the idea. Not to mention even tho its legal .. doesn't matter. Loose lips and all that jazz. Don't need any unexpected guests either 2, 6 or 8 legged versions (the 8 legged ones are the worst).

Take'r easy on the guano... a little goes a long way... I concentrate on Malted Barley/corn and Aloe/coconut water and like your doing once a week weather they want it or not. If you see issues make sure your not over watering and if not your not under watering (more likely). At this stage plants that big drink A LOT of water... if it gets hot in the room, they will want even more water. I run automated watering system and know exactly how much water the ladies drink. It's a lot.

Everything you're doing is spot on.... looking healthy and happy. You got it going on.. I wouldn't add in new lights in the middle of flowering.. that can mess shit up fast. You'd be surprised. You don't want a plant to start growing male bits in the middle of a run. Everything good, steady as she goes... keep it going! if it ain't broke ... and you're firing on all cylinders hammer down ... good job. :thumb:

Going to do my best to reply after each part of your answers :)

Hey there Haze... looks like you've got your scrog dialed it ... ladies looking mighty fine indeed.

Sorry I sub'd up last month and lost track ... so back and now good to see you have your lighting firing on all cylinders. That looks awesome.

no worries I am having a hard time keeping up LOL

I think you have plenty of light, your plants will let you know when they get too much. I'm guessing they are done stretch?? If so I'd drop the lamps down to say 24-30 inches from the tops of the tallest plants turn em up on full and keep the ladies watered.

yeah my lights were a bit high so i changed them to 7/11 - stretch is done so I was told to keep the LED about 8-12" away

I run perpetual SOG so different style so no help with the training thing... I'm a hands off and stay out of the way type grower. Your setup of looks awesome, very very professional looking and clean.

For watering .... I usually only do RO water (don't ph anything) RO water PH is AWLAYS 6.5. The plants roots and micro-organisms work the PH naturally so you shouldn't need to add anything. Just be sure your water in right (before you add stuff to it). The PH up/down stuff is not organic so it was have negative effect on the the micro-herd if you get too happy with it.

yes Ia m going to have to look into something as it's a pain in the ass watering and adjusting every second day. It's taking about 5 litres per plant about 10 gallons for all of them LOL

You can get a cheap RV type water filter that will filter most of the crap out of your tap water... or you can get an RO Buddy for like $80 CAN check Amazon.. and be up and running RO water and never have to worry about it again. What I do.

I noticed you don't have an IPM regimen. At some point you should start to assemble the bits and pieces for the inevitable insect thing.

funny you ask - I just bought some Insect Frass to add to my tea but only arriving next week :)

You may get away with no issues this run .... eventually you will have something that needs attention. Don't bring people into the grow room, they carry all sorts of critters on clothing shoes etc... you get the idea. Not to mention even tho its legal .. doesn't matter. Loose lips and all that jazz. Don't need any unexpected guests either 2, 6 or 8 legged versions (the 8 legged ones are the worst).

no one really comes in - my wife will come in to see but shuts door behind her and never let my pooches in. Also had one friend in to see them but that was it but very anal and protective of the girls -- so much time and effort put into this lol

Take'r easy on the guano... a little goes a long way... I concentrate on Malted Barley/corn and Aloe/coconut water and like your doing once a week weather they want it or not. If you see issues make sure your not over watering and if not your not under watering (more likely). At this stage plants that big drink A LOT of water... if it gets hot in the room, they will want even more water. I run automated watering system and know exactly how much water the ladies drink. It's a lot.

yeah they are drinking a lot and i dont use much guano so on track with that :) I'll be doing a Barley SST in a few days once they sprout :)

Everything you're doing is spot on.... looking healthy and happy. You got it going on.. I wouldn't add in new lights in the middle of flowering.. that can mess shit up fast. You'd be surprised. You don't want a plant to start growing male bits in the middle of a run. Everything good, steady as she goes... keep it going! if it ain't broke ... and you're firing on all cylinders hammer down ... good job. :thumb:

I ended up adding those lights on it and rolled the dice - live and learn - and the gods were kind and all is good and growing growing growing - thanks for contributing :)

Hello Everyone,

It's been quite a while since I have made a post so I thought it was due and I finally have time.

I am on day 43 of flowering.
-Says it should be 9 weeks but I am allowing for 10 weeks so I am 43/70 days.

I will try and keep this organized:

Watering schedule is every second day about 10 gallons of water and goes as follows:
(Water, Water, Tea, Water, Water, Tea ---- etc.....)
-Also been adding in a soil inoculant every 3rd week where I sprinkle it on the top of the soil and then water
-Other than that added a top layer of Shrimp Compost/Mushroom Compost and EWC

I've added 8 new lights to my array — 1750k spectrum which is supposed to replicate the sunrise and sunset which is supposed to save a week off flowering and increase bud size by 30% (we shall see).
-This light is set to come up 20 minutes before my normal lights an stay on 20 minutes longer.

I have too many pictures to add so I will do my best to try and have a mix of:
-Tops views scrogs
-New lights
-Clones I made for fun as first time and wanted to practice (off trimming SCROG)
-Buds
With my normal lights I had the intensity at 7/11 and for the last 3 weeks of flowering I have them ramped up to 9.5/11

Besides that to those who are following know that I am growing a mother plant in another tent so that I can take clones for my next cycle of SOG ---- want to try all different types of grows — so excited.
-I have added a photo of the mother as well which is getting quite big!!!! I ended up watering and waking up to half the plant bending and snapping down the main stem into the soil in half... however a little string and duct tape and she has all new life — amazing how resilient these girls are J

Well that is all for now, I hope everyone enjoyed the update and I will try and stay on top of things J

All the best!!!!!!!
fatterbuds.JPG
budpic42.JPG
budpic71.JPG
budpic62.JPG
budpic22.JPG
Tops19.JPG
Clones176.JPG

Hey Bob Brown,

Yeah I haven't updated it in awhile and my Tangilope will be 2 weeks cured on Tuesday.
I've weighed 3/4 of a mason jar and it was about 21 grams so I am going to assume each jar is about an oz .
Therefore I should have over a lb.

Smoke is really good - clean high - lasts a good 3 hours which normally I need another joint after 2 hours.
Very tasting and smells like grapefruit but it's going to get better the longer i cure it.

:)
Thx for the reply.

Hey Bob Brown,

Yeah I haven't updated it in awhile and my Tangilope will be 2 weeks cured on Tuesday.
I've weighed 3/4 of a mason jar and it was about 21 grams so I am going to assume each jar is about an oz .
Therefore I should have over a lb.

Smoke is really good - clean high - lasts a good 3 hours which normally I need another joint after 2 hours.
Very tasting and smells like grapefruit but it's going to get better the longer i cure it.

:)
Thx for the reply.

Nice haul congrats on the harvest, that's awesome.

Can I bother you with another question or 3 - Where did you get your lights??

I run the same COBs and am going to expand ....I run mine at ~100w each... more juice with the ones I'm running.

How many plants in the grow that got you a pound??

What's the cost for the cob your running? I have been looking to switch from HID to LEDs. What's the difference if any from COB and say a MarsHydro?

Awesome results. Excited to see your clones.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom