Heady's Redemption x 6 with T5 Veg & JD Lighting 600w E Ballast x 2

GeorgeFoster

Well here we go again :thumb:

The line up purchased from clone...

2 Skywalker
2 Plushberry
2 Blackberry
2 Blue Cheese in waiting....(Not part of this grow but they may end up in here at some point)

Clone and veg area is 2' x 6' x 8' closet
Sunblaze 54w T5 4' 4 bulb w/specrtalux 6500K bulbs

Flower Room is 7' x 7' x 8' (it's actually 7.5 x 9.5 but trying to get a veg area in there at some point)

2 600w JD Lighting electronic ballast (420 Sponsor)
Specs: 110/220 MH/HPS switchable/dimable, running on 220 at 100%
Settings are 50% 75% 100% and 110%

Reflector Hoods x 2...basic $29 aluminum wings

1 - 7" direct vent ceiling fan rated at 575cfm's

Medium: Fox farm Ocean Forest w/perlite added at a mix of 60/40 in 3 gal plastic pots.

Nutirents: Fox Farm nutes both trios of liquid and granular and sledgehammer flush

Botanicare: Cal-mag

Blackstrap Molases

PK 13/14 during flower (may or may not, undecided right now need to see how it reacts to/with Fox Farm)

Going to re-use a few pics here on the new journal to get it up to speed

The clone family on day 1 arrival 12/19/13

0031537.JPG

The T5

0041448.JPG

JD Lighting 600W E Ballast

The girls after transplanting into 1 gal pots for some quick veg time
Doing very well 25 days into 1 gal pots..1/15/14
Skywalker and Plushberry are all 24"+ the Blackberrys are 18"

010887.JPG

Hoping to transplant them into 3 gal pots in the next 7-10 days, veg another 2/3 weeks and flip to flower.

This is mostly to keep me sane right now so follow if you wish and welcome.

Question please.....Soil amending ideas?

I have been using FFOF with 40% perilite added and then the 12 week feed schedule with FF liquid line and granular for several grows.

My blue cheese every indoor grow about 30+ days into flower show signs of mag/cal def and by harvest they are ugly as sin, yield is about half of first time I grew it 3 yrs ago.

My normal way was get pre rooted clone and put into final pot and start at week 2 of the FF feeding schedule in 3gal pots.

I am now going from rooted clone dixie cup into 1 gals...forcing roots to fill the one gal by 30days veg and then repot into the 5's I just picked up.

So I was wondering if I could add something to the soil at the time of transplant from the 1gal to the 5gal that could help stabilize the mag and cal def she constantly shows?

I ph everything at 6.5 to 6.8 with or without nutes and flush at week 4/5 and again at wk 8 as I have had lock out before with the 3gal pots.

So would you add a supplement to the soil with the final trans into the 5gal pots?.....they would get another 2 weeks veg then flipped.

Thanks for any suggestions

Subscribed. You can use Gypsum and Epsom Salts to add calcium and magnesium to your soil mixture. I flower in 5 gallon pots usually and start in 5" pots and transplant to 1 gallon pots and then transplant to 5 gallon pots. Have you considered that 40% perlite may be too high? I would replace half the perlite with vermiculite. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and plants roots. I would also add mycorrhizae every time you transplant.

Just picked up botanicare Cal/mag for this next run and applied it at the 5mil per gal once already to this new batch yesterday with wk 3 of FF feed schedule

Today is transplanting day....:party:

Using the FFOF medium with a few new additives as recommemded :morenutes:

New Medium for 5gal transplant: 60% FFOF, 20% Perlite, 20% Vermiculite, and some mycorrhizae.

They will get approx 2 weeks veg in the new 5 gals and then straight into the flower room.

Looking very healthy this time around....Update with pics to follow later today.

Hey Heady, that's good to hear. You may want to add some bone meal, at least to your Blue Cheese to help ward of a calcium problem down the road. At least I think that's correct. I'll look real quick.

Here's the skinny.

As a fertilizer, the N-P-K ratio of bone meal is generally 4-12-0, though some steamed bone meals have N-P-Ks of 1-13-0. Bone meal is also an excellent source of calcium, but does not provide enough nitrogen to be beneficial to plants.

That was taken from Wiki. So, if you needed a little more nitrogen I would use the first and the second for less. Although I would like to hear from some one with more experience regarding the phosphorus percentage.

Edit: I just re-read KingJohnC's reply and saw about the gypsum. Where would one get that? I have a dozen egg shells and 3/8's tsp of Epsom salt all blended with a little water. I am going to add that to a gallon of Earth Juice feed and see if that helps with the beginning of a deficiency. This will be distributed to all 8 plants. I've read of people doing that. I am just beginning the deficiency so the slower acting shells may just work. If not, a calcium supplement is in order.

Sorry to go on so in your journal Heady. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom