Heard a story: Budder q's

Sueet

So I was chatting with some of the guys at my local grow shop, the topic turned to edibles. When I stated that they do nothing for me, I got big eyes and O shaped mouths turned on me, and then they proceeded to tell me how to make good budder. I failed to ask all the right questions tho, and now I want to ask you folks the ones I am most curious about:

1 - Is it ok to use already (six months) cured weed to make budder?
2 - If yes, what if it has seeds? Do they need to be removed first?
3 - Does it still need to be 'decarbed' first in this circumstance? (cured with seeds) - also, would it matter if some is loose, and some still buds?

The long and short of their instruction is to use an old slow cooker (they said it will ruin it for anything else). Fill with butter and as much material as will fit, basically cook it on the lowest temp for two full days, and then strain thru a 220 micron bubble hash bag while still hot.

Does this sound like a good method? Am I missing other important bits besides the decarb info?

Thanks in advance for any help <3

So I was chatting with some of the guys at my local grow shop, the topic turned to edibles. When I stated that they do nothing for me, I got big eyes and O shaped mouths turned on me, and then they proceeded to tell me how to make good budder. I failed to ask all the right questions tho, and now I want to ask you folks the ones I am most curious about:

1 - Is it ok to use already (six months) cured weed to make budder?
2 - If yes, what if it has seeds? Do they need to be removed first?
3 - Does it still need to be 'decarbed' first in this circumstance? (cured with seeds) - also, would it matter if some is loose, and some still buds?

The long and short of their instruction is to use an old slow cooker (they said it will ruin it for anything else). Fill with butter and as much material as will fit, basically cook it on the lowest temp for two full days, and then strain thru a 220 micron bubble hash bag while still hot.

Does this sound like a good method? Am I missing other important bits besides the decarb info?

Thanks in advance for any help <3
Hello my friend, hope you are doing well.
6 months old pot is fine for butter. Don't worry about seeds.
You have to decarbe it first. Put in baking dish, cover top tight with tinfoil.
Put in oven 40 mins, on 240f. Then I take buds and put in blender with hot water.
Chopping it up helps distribute it into butter.
Then 18-24 hrs in crock pot on keep warm not hi or low. Never let crock pot get over 200f. 180 f is the temp you want. Then filter it and put in fridge.
When it cools butter will harden on top . Water on bottom can be poured off .
If you have any more questions let me know. Happy growing friend.

Thank you so much <3
I make mine from trim.
I bought a wine making bag that’s fine micron. Put my trim in it so no mess. Enjoy my friend.

I did not save my trim from the first grow, as I had SO much plant material, and I did not think it was useful. As it is, I am starting new girls and very ready to be done with the seedy stuff I grew first round, so budder sounded like a great use for it. Good tip on wine making bag, thanks.

I did not save my trim from the first grow, as I had SO much plant material, and I did not think it was useful. As it is, I am starting new girls and very ready to be done with the seedy stuff I grew first round, so budder sounded like a great use for it. Good tip on wine making bag, thanks.
I cut fan leaves off and compost them. But all the sugar leaves have tricombs on them. Bud makes more butter per gram,but you can smoke the buds save up your trim in the freezer until you are read to make your butter.

Oh, that is very interesting. So for decarbing that wet/frozen material, still follow the same directions as above? Or does it need to be thawed/dried first ? You are a font of knowledge, ty for sharing <3

Oh, that is very interesting. So for decarbing that wet/frozen material, still follow the same directions as above? Or does it need to be thawed/dried first ? You are a font of knowledge, ty for sharing <3
I fill ziplock bags and freezer them till I'm ready. No need to defrost, just make sure its covered tight. It creates steam and decarbs without drying out your pot.
Then into crackpot.

Back
Top Bottom