Heart rate

socalsuperbic

Hey everyone, I have smoked probably 8 blunts a gram each with 3 people in one day ( 420 ) and I have smoked an average of a gram a day for a couple years...So I simply cant fathom what my friend is going through, was wondering if you guys can help? He was the one that I first smoked with and he has been smoking for about a year longer than me, recently every time he smokes whether it be 2 hits or a blunt his heart starts to beat like crazy and now he has quit smoking because of it. Does anyone have any Idea why this is? I thought maybe it was just that strand, or it was laced but he has tried three different strands and from different dealers, ones that we trust!

yeah I definately agree I am not trying to pressure him into doing anything he is not comfortable with, its just he loves smoking and misses it, we still hang out every day and all of us smoke and he just looks so sad, I was wondering if anyone knew the cause from a medical standpoint or psycological...or just similar cases that others have heard of?

There are probably a dozen or so reasons for his having a bad reaction. I like to describe an event like that as "overload". Maybe down the track he may try again, perhaps with a bit of caution - smoke less potent weed or find a lower dose that may suit. His looking sad can be overcome by you and your other mates including him in what you do and letting him know he is cool whether he smokes or not.

Yeah it was strange though because we have smoked far more potent weed then that before and more of it too, I could see if it was his first time, but he has been smoking for years like I said. I am starting to thing that it could be caused by stress as well, his mother had recently passed before that happened and I know he love her with all his heart, maybe that had an affect ? im not sure....we try our best not to smoke in front of him and such and assure him that its fine that he doesnt smoke and we understand as well

That sounds cool. I have a suggestion for you. Cos he may feel uncomfortable being around when you are high, why not make him the designated packer when you are having a session. I like to think of getting high with friends as a spiritual event - your friend can be part of the "ceremony" without partaking. He can get the natural high that comes from being with good mates. Maybe he won't feel so stigmatised cos he is a non-smoker. Also, in my circle of mates, it is considered to be somewhat of an honour to be the handler of the weed. Make your friend feel special. Make him feel part of the group. It can only help.

alright definately sounds like some good advice, as in our group as well when we break out the weed everyone wants to be the first to get there hands on it, maybe if he is the one that gets it he will feel part of the experiance!! thanks!! will give it a try, maybe he will feel the need to try again soon then he can just take a little hit and wait a while see how he feels, and so on!

I used to get heart palpatations all the time when i was stoned. Ive been smoking for 10 yrs on and off. After a messy messy messy breakup last year I went to pieces and the palpatations became unbearable. I was really worried. So i gave it up for 3 months and now i can enjoy 1 or 2 bongs with mates no problems. I suffer from anxiety due to prolonged pot use, and its usually a case of mind over matter. If something sketches me out whilst I'm stoned it can be like a bad acid trip type drama!
So i suggest your mate taking a month or 2 off of smoking, and allowing a greiving process to complete and him be more comfortable about the death in the family before going back to smoking.

My 2c..

Back
Top Bottom