Heat is just what happens when you compress a thing, be it a gas, liquid, or solid (bang on a rock for a while with a hammer and it'll get hot, too). You could upsize all your hoses 500% or more, along with the holes in any orifices (drippers, etc.) you're pumping through, and make sure that the pump doesn't have to actually lift what it's pumping. That may or may not be feasible with your setup.

Is the noise level something recent, or has your pump always been loud? If it's new, it's probably indicative of a failing pump.

Vibrations can be transmitted, which can make a noise problem seem even worse. Try setting it on a piece of rigid foam insulation, a thick rubber cushion of some sort, etc. You could also try boxing it in, placing loose fill type insulation around that box, and placing everything inside a second box - but that'll probably end up making the heat issue worse. If this is the kind of pump that sits submerged in a reservoir, place the reservoir on a piece of rigid foam insulation (etc.). If it's a different type, I have read of hanging pumps from bungee cords or suchlike, but the idea of hanging something that vibrates (and, therefore, could conceivably vibrate loose) never filled me with trust.

Might be more useful to do a web-search on constructing a soundproof room, sound-deadening wall/ceiling/floor materials, air gaps, noise-reducing gaskets/washers/fasteners, et cetera.

Heat is just what happens when you compress a thing, be it a gas, liquid, or solid (bang on a rock for a while with a hammer and it'll get hot, too). You could upsize all your hoses 500% or more, along with the holes in any orifices (drippers, etc.) you're pumping through, and make sure that the pump doesn't have to actually lift what it's pumping. That may or may not be feasible with your setup.

Is the noise level something recent, or has your pump always been loud? If it's new, it's probably indicative of a failing pump.

Vibrations can be transmitted, which can make a noise problem seem even worse. Try setting it on a piece of rigid foam insulation, a thick rubber cushion of some sort, etc. You could also try boxing it in, placing loose fill type insulation around that box, and placing everything inside a second box - but that'll probably end up making the heat issue worse. If this is the kind of pump that sits submerged in a reservoir, place the reservoir on a piece of rigid foam insulation (etc.). If it's a different type, I have read of hanging pumps from bungee cords or suchlike, but the idea of hanging something that vibrates (and, therefore, could conceivably vibrate loose) never filled me with trust.

Might be more useful to do a web-search on constructing a soundproof room, sound-deadening wall/ceiling/floor materials, air gaps, noise-reducing gaskets/washers/fasteners, et cetera.
That's likely the route I will take, a box made out of acoustic board

If you come up with something that helps significantly, please consider posting a thread in the DIY section (even if it's a relatively simple fix - we are bound to have a few relatively simple members, lol ;) ).

If you come up with something that helps significantly, please consider posting a thread in the DIY section (even if it's a relatively simple fix - we are bound to have a few relatively simple members, lol ;) ).
I just used an old 12v fan to cool the pump and put felt in the intake rolled up it's pretty breathable and the filter should catch any stray fibers it's at about 50% reduction I'm going to build a cardboard box with layers of air to see if it helps

I have used many air pumps in my time , I don't have any experience with your model but I can relate to noise and heat . The models I currently use are AT60 & AT120 they are the quietest and coolest I have ever come across. They are used for pond/septic aeration and they are powerfull ..the AT60 can easily power 8 buckets with medium air stones(one stone per bucket is all you need) . They are made by blue diamond I have also heard great things about the ones of similar design made by danner . You can find them on amazon ...in regards to heat they get warm but not really going to burn your hand as far as noise I can't even hear them over my carbon filter. you can find them on amazon and if you decide to go this route get hose/tubing to put "over" the outlet of the pump " and run a splitter for your lines at the other end or you can run the hose into a homemade splitter made from 1" pvc . the pvc option will drastically reduce the back pressure as another poster had suggested.

Attachments

• IMG_3624.JPG
    IMG_3624.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom