Heat problem with a decent in-line exhaust fan. Maybe filter too big?

miki mile

420 Member
Hello happy community,

I am a new grower and have a small 60cm x 50cm x 170cm grow box with a greenception gc4 led light and a heat issue. At the highest top of my plant that is 70 cm away from the light is 29 celsius and I would like to go to 25 or 24. Outside of the box is 24 or 23.

I am waiting for a 20w clip fan to put between the led and the plant and hoping it will significantly reduce the temperature.

For the intake I have two 14cm computer fans at the bottom of the box with a 206 m3/h altogether and for the exhaust is one 14w in-line fan with 105 m3/h connected to a filter which is just above the light. Filter is quite big (carbon filter 2600) and his optimal airflow recommendations are 240 m3/h which is much bigger than my in-line exhaust fan.

My question is how much of a problem is that the exhaust fan is under the optimal recommendations of a filter despite that his 105 m3/h should be enough for the size of a grow box and what else can I do to lower the temperature. I doubt that putting one clip fan between the plant and the light will lower the temp for 5 degrees.

Thank you

Hello and welcome!

I'm far from an expert, that being said I'm currently in my 1st grow, in a homemade cabinet.
Is using an external fan an option for you?

Can you post a pic of your setup?

Without delving deeply I think your suspicion is correct, your fan is too underpowered for the exhaust. Keep in mind, as your grow continues its only going to get harder for that fan to continue (filter clogging up over time).

Back
Top Bottom