Heat Problems

Need some advice on my room, running into some issues.

The whole reason I went LED originally was because I cannot utilize the window in my grow room due to the fact that is right next to a neighbors front door, so I was concerned they would notice exhaust from the window and it would raise suspicion.

I set up the LED today on full blast and had temps of 87 inside the tent and 75 outside the tent.

I think I may be screwed...any advice is appreciated.

Can you run the tent with the door unzipped? Or does it have to be closed?

Edit: Like have the tent door open when you are running the day cycle and just zip it up at night.

a small fan to move air through your tent should work some,,,, use a charcoal filter...

put intake on floor and exhaust as high as you can....

As I mentioned above I cannot use the window in the room for fresh air.

So no fresh air coming in from outside. I have a carbon filter and a exhaust, the temps I measured were without the exhaust running. I'll have to measure temps tonight for that.

Inside the tent at plant level it was 87 degrees with the LED's a good 3-4 feet away.

Outside the bedroom itself was 75 degrees. So I was thinking that negative pressure will bring in that 75 degree air which might cancel out the exhaust's purpose.

Thanks for all the responses so far, appreciate it.

a small fan to move air through your tent should work some,,,, use a charcoal filter...

put intake on floor and exhaust as high as you can....

thats all i do i have my carbon filter in the air on some rope blowing through the ducting to outside the tent, and me 4" intake on the floor outside the tent blowing it in through some more ducting.. i have no problems

I dont know if this is relevant, but if you are worried about the smell. Depending on the strain and how many plants you have in your tent, you only really have to worry about the odor the last 2 or 3 weeks of flower and when they switch from day to night.

So if you zip your tent like 5 mins before they switch to night so the air in the tent is running through the filters. You wouldn't have to worry about the smell as much. If your bud is super skunky though the smell will be hard to deal with late in flower.

Anyone think that the plants can handle hotter temps with LED's? Because it's not as intense of light.

I don't think the plants can stand a higher air temp just because of a difference of the light source. Too hot is too hot. Though if you can bring up the CO2, then the plants can handle higher temps.

Prairie

Plants can indeed handle higher temps under LED than a regular bulb. At 87 degrees I would not sweat it. Now 92 and up your getting a little hot but if the plant shows no sign of stress your good to go. The warmer the air the faster the reproduction of cells so in turn you will be speeding up your grow cycle anyhow.

Now if you see your plants fan leafs start to curl up around the edges, your temps are too high for your strain and you may have to start looking for a solution.

If you have any questions Lemmi know.

Buy a window air conditioner take off the front panel and run a 4inch vent thru it to the outside. Neighbor will look up and just see air conditioning... Make sure to use a good filter. Besides, its Cali, you should have air conditioning...

Back
Top Bottom