Heat question stealth grow

0rion

I'm looking into a stealth grow for personal meds it will be sealed and CO2 enriched. I need to find out my lighting options. My question is about heat. Would a 100w Diamond Series LED or a 125w CFL emit more heat?
Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I know the light from both is cool but I was wondering more about the heat from the whole unit in an enclosed environment. Heat from the ballast on the CFL verses heat output from the fans on the LED. Which is more likely to raise the ambient air temp in the room/box?

Really? I had no idea the diffrence would be that significant. My grow space will be in inches (L x W x H): 21.5-x-20.25-x-31.5. I know it's small but it's only for personal meds and I can only medicate after work each day so I don't need massive amounts. If the heat output is really 2.5 spending $295 would be less hassle and a better deal then the ~$70 for a grow and a bloom CFL. Do other experienced growers agree with Hosebomber? $225 is a lot of money to me but not more then I'd spend to avoid problems.

Back
Top Bottom