Heat Stress symptoms?

Bindi

I've been growing DJ's Grape Krush indoors for some time now, and the last two grows were during warm weather. The plants have not performed as well as they did back during the cooler months and I am wondering if heat might play a part in that or maybe it's just a coincidence?

It's about one month into the grow now and my plants are stretching a lot. The buds don't seem as dense. Some plants are not budding at all yet. During the last grow this happened as well, and a few of them did nothing but foxtail. During the cooler weather we had fat, dense, fragrant buds, beautiful in every way.

I have 3 600-watt lights on a rail. I do not have an air conditioner in the room. It gets pretty hot here in the summer. :phew: I have the light set to go on in the evening when it's cooler. The temp in the flower room seems to average 75-80 degrees during the light cycle. It can get up to 80-85 dgrees during the dark cycle, because that is during the hot part of the day. Right now, for example, it is 80 degrees in there (dark cycle).

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Does it sound like heat stress? Should I sell the last shred of my soul to the utility company and hook up a AC unit in there and try to keep the temp down during the dark cycle?

Or I wonder if I should switch to a different strain. I just love this strain tho.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bindi

I'm pulling my hair out with these heat issues. I was hesitant to install an air-conditioner because I need constant ventilation to control the smell, so I'm constantly bringing in hot air and sucking out the cold air. Knowing this, I still installed the air-conditioner hoping it would offer some relief. Well, it didn't. Now I'm considering switching my "day" hours to the actual daytime. It will be warmer during the light cycle, but way cooler at night. Any opinions or alternative ideas out there?

Bindi

Now I'm considering switching my "day" hours to the actual daytime. It will be warmer during the light cycle, but way cooler at night.
Bindi

Good idea. Definitely worth a try.

Once again I agree with these guys. :grinjoint:

High temps. during your dark cycle can inhibit flowering.

Sounds like switching the dark period to the cooler night-time hours is the way to go. :peace:

I wonder, if you were to incorporate an atmospheric controller, you set the desired temps/ambiance and go!

Also, are you running your intake/exhaust for the entire dark period? More air flow may help too!

Or... maybe use something like a carbon scrubber for the odor control in conjunction w/an atmospheric controller running the air conditioner and exhaust.
There are many w/a photosensitive unit that works when the lights are out based on ambient needs.

More info on the room/setup may help us help you too!

Back
Top Bottom