Heat stress!

StinkyPete

Hello,

I'm working on my second grow. I have three bag seed plants that are half indoor, half outdoor plants. Not sure what strains they are, but they all seem different. Looks like two sativas and one indica. I put them outside to absorb as much of the natural sunlight as they can. I put them inside under some small T5 6500K lights when it gets too dark or cold outside, to keep the photo-period consistent. When/If flowering time comes, I hope to have a HPS system by then.

The babes have been growing nicely into veg. They've produced their 5-finger leaves and are on their way producing 7-finger leaves.

My problem at the moment is the heat stress. I only put them outside in the sun for the first day, yesterday. They were outside from about 11am-6pm, in direct sunlight. I tested temperature with my infrared temp gun to be no more than 75 degrees F in the sun. They seem to really enjoy the light, except they show symptoms of heat stress. But it wasn't really THAT hot yesterday. Just a typical Spring day with a fair amount of chilly wind. The type of stuff Cannabis loves, apparently...

I also had perpetual heat stress issues with my grow last year. And my buddy had a grow; also would suffer heat stress like almost immediately. No matter how strong and big our plants were, they seemed to perpetually have heat stress.

It seemed like no matter what I did, the leaves would taco and never go back to normal.

My current plants started taco-ing yesterday. After bringing them inside and letting them sleep for the night, I wake to find their leaves STILL TACO'D! I'm quite perplexed, as I understand Cannabis is a plant that THRIVES in some of the hottest and sunny places on Earth, such as India. Yet, a balmy spring day in New England sends them into heat stress?

Please, I am looking for some insight. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You

Hey it's the infrared and ultraviolet radiation that causes heat stress. You have to put them outside for no more than 3-4 hrs in the beginning.

Yes it can and it usually is an infrared and UV shock.

Back
Top Bottom