Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Happy Anniversary, HH and I hope you get well soon, too. Felonious (my husband) is sick, too but he tested negative for Covid so we've still not caught the dreaded disease. :eek:

But, I'm hoping F's cold stays away from me as we have a Killers concert Friday night that I've been looking forward to and I'll be really pissed if I get sick and can't go.

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let you know we’ve all recovered for the most part. I finally mustered the energy to harvest critical mass and then blood orange sorbet a couple days after that. They’re both hanging to dry. Critical mass is dried now, so today I’ll run it through the bud trimmer to finish up!

I have to say, the critical mass is easily the favorite of the three. There’s always that accidental snip during harvest, so we had some tester buds of both. We smoked the CM bud and Mr H loved it. Every day he’s asking me if it ready yet and I’ve been pulling the little popcorns because they dry fastest. As soon as I pull a few off, I turn around and they’re gone. I really like it too, so I’m glad to have a couple clones going.

Blood orange sorbet is good too, but I only smoked a little so far. It has a very citrus-y flavor so it’s well named, but it really aggravated my sinuses. Hopefully that fades over time. It makes me wonder if there’s a terpene that I’m allergic to. Is that even possible?

Anyhow, that’s where we’re at for now. I need to clean up the 4x4 and get the veggers moved around. Energy is still low, so I need to get it together and make it happen! I hope you’re all doing well, sending you all loves. :love:

Glad to hear you and yours are feeling better HH! And congrats on the harvests.

Mr. H sounds like a kid on a road trip. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" :laughtwo:

Glad to hear you guys are all better, HH- and congrats on the harvests!
I hope you can get used to the sneezy weed...(or just let Mr.H. smoke that one) :)

Happy to hear you and the Fam are feeling better and also happy to hear that the early review on the CM is so positive!
That’s too bad the BOS is effecting your sinuses, hopefully with a bit of a cure it will be a bit easier on them.

Hi again and thank you all so much for the well wishes! 💗

I trimmed up the critical mass and once again, I overdried it.. 🙄 but that allowed me to go ahead and weigh it in 🥁🥁🥁 100g (3.5 oz).

I also did some work on the veggers. I uppotted OG kush into a 5 gal pot. She’s already huge, so I hope I can get the 5 gal size to make it through bloom.
097CB4C3-ED9D-488A-999A-2A07982AF3F3.jpeg
E18DF384-B8F4-40A1-BED9-5F678127AF7C.jpeg
She was neglected for a long time, so I tried to open her up some more, but that upper set split so I stopped immediately. I’ll probably try to level her out with some supercrops, but I’ll have to use some pliers, those stems are woody.

That made some room in the 2x4 and none too soon. They are all in need of uppotting, so as I get them done, they’ll move to the 4x4. And now, the big reveal of the plants that will be keeping OG kush company…

Candida
8D5B84FE-86E5-4560-8861-BDE3D169A307.jpeg

Critical mass x2
547A9719-3F6A-4A49-BCD0-A6DCC7A561D8.jpeg

Cherry 18
22C1F85C-4229-4654-A208-6BE895DCB34E.jpeg

Clones of OG kush and Candida
0F009733-C44D-43E1-A7E0-4EF9894B8BA1.jpeg

The whole gang
7CEE5795-032F-4E48-91A1-83F47D17AEA4.jpeg

And that’s the full update! The last thing to report will be the weigh in on blood orange sorbet. She’s still got a day or two of drying. It would be great if I could make it NOT overdried this time! 🤞🤞😬

Congrats on your harvests! :bravo:
I uppotted OG kush into a 5 gal pot. She’s already huge, so I hope I can get the 5 gal size to make it through bloom.
Seems like the 5 gal size is going to be a winner.
She was neglected for a long time, so I tried to open her up some more,
That OGK must thrive on neglect because it looks terrific!

Glad you and Mr H are feeling better. :circle-of-love:

Congrats on the harvest, HH and like the others, I'm happy you're feeling better.

Blood orange sorbet is good too, but I only smoked a little so far. It has a very citrus-y flavor so it’s well named, but it really aggravated my sinuses. Hopefully that fades over time. It makes me wonder if there’s a terpene that I’m allergic to. Is that even possible?

Oof on the sinuses but :thumb: on the rest! Glad you're all on the mend (re-booking the trip?) and I believe @HashGirl has info on terpenes and allergies.
:popcorn:

The National Center for Biotechnology Information says:

Terpenes are widely used fragrance compounds in fine fragrances, but also in domestic and occupational products. Terpenes oxidize easily due to autoxidation on air exposure. Previous studies have shown that limonene, linalool and caryophyllene are not allergenic themselves but readily form allergenic products on air-exposure. This study aimed to determine the frequency and characteristics of allergic reactions to selected oxidized fragrance terpenes other than limonene. In total 1511 consecutive dermatitis patients in 6 European dermatology centres were patch tested with oxidized fragrance terpenes and some oxidation fractions and compounds. Oxidized linalool and its hydroperoxide fraction were found to be common contact allergens. Of the patients tested, 1.3% showed a positive reaction to oxidized linalool and 1.1% to the hydroperoxide fraction. About 0.5% of the patients reacted to oxidized caryophyllene whereas 1 patient reacted to oxidized myrcene. Of the patients reacting to the oxidized terpenes, 58% had fragrance-related contact allergy and/or a positive history for adverse reaction to fragrances. Autoxidation of fragrance terpenes contributes greatly to fragrance allergy, which emphasizes the need of testing with compounds that patients are actually exposed to and not only with the ingredients originally applied in commercial formulations.

Personally, I'm sensitive to the buds when I'm moving my plants around. They make my arms itchy so I try to wear a long-sleeved t-shirt when tending them.

Additionally, I believe terpenes affect people in different ways. Personally, I do well with strains that are high in caryophyllene and strains high in limonene do nothing for me. Neither of these things are related to allergies but I do think it's pertinent.

The place is starting to hum!
It’s way overdue Stone, it feels good to finally get the ball rolling. :)
Congrats on your harvests! :bravo:

Seems like the 5 gal size is going to be a winner.

That OGK must thrive on neglect because it looks terrific!

Glad you and Mr H are feeling better. :circle-of-love:
Thank you Beez. :love: I’m hoping so. Sohum says 5-7 gallon container, so if I can be good about revitalizing the soil a bit, I think it could make it all the way through bloom.
Personally, I'm sensitive to the buds when I'm moving my plants around. They make my arms itchy so I try to wear a long-sleeved t-shirt when tending them.

Additionally, I believe terpenes affect people in different ways. Personally, I do well with strains that are high in caryophyllene and strains high in limonene do nothing for me. Neither of these things are related to allergies but I do think it's pertinent.
Thanks so much for the info HG. I had no idea! I have had that happen on my arms too, in fact it just happened when I was trimming up the critical mass. I’ll have to do some investigating and see if there are terpenes these plants have in common.

I trimmed up the critical mass and once again, I overdried it.. 🙄 but that allowed me to go ahead and weigh it in 🥁🥁🥁 100g (3.5 oz).
I'm calling that 4oz at 62% so :welldone:
I uppotted OG kush into a 5 gal pot. She’s already huge, so I hope I can get the 5 gal size to make it through bloom.
What a gorgeous plant! Not sure if the soil will carry it all the way or not but it's looker now. :)
Candida Critical mass x2 Cherry 18
Such a leggy bunch waiting for you to whip them into shape. Can't wait. :popcorn:
:thanks: HG!

The whole gang
And a fine looking bunch they are!:circle-of-love:
It would be great if I could make it NOT overdried this time! 🤞🤞😬
I've done that a time or two- a little piece if paper towel with 2 drops of water on it, in the jar overnight, will re- hydrate it and bring some smell back, and hopefully let it do some curing.

terpene that I’m allergic to. Is that even possible?

Congrats on the harvest, HH and like the others, I'm happy you're feeling better.

Terpenes are widely used fragrance compounds in fine fragrances, but also in domestic and occupational products. Terpenes oxidize easily due to autoxidation on air exposure. Previous studies have shown that limonene, linalool and caryophyllene are not allergenic themselves but readily form allergenic products on air-exposure. This study aimed to determine the frequency and characteristics of allergic reactions to selected oxidized fragrance terpenes other than limonene. In total 1511 consecutive dermatitis patients in 6 European dermatology centres were patch tested with oxidized fragrance terpenes and some oxidation fractions and compounds. Oxidized linalool and its hydroperoxide fraction were found to be common contact allergens. Of the patients tested, 1.3% showed a positive reaction to oxidized linalool and 1.1% to the hydroperoxide fraction. About 0.5% of the patients reacted to oxidized caryophyllene whereas 1 patient reacted to oxidized myrcene. Of the patients reacting to the oxidized terpenes, 58% had fragrance-related contact allergy and/or a positive history for adverse reaction to fragrances. Autoxidation of fragrance terpenes contributes greatly to fragrance allergy, which emphasizes the need of testing with compounds that patients are actually exposed to and not only with the ingredients originally applied in commercial formulations.

What she said - thanks HG :)
Thanks so much for the info HG. I had no idea! I have had that happen on my arms too, in fact it just happened when I was trimming up the critical mass. I’ll have to do some investigating and see if there are terpenes these plants have in common.
I have had exactly that from critical mass, the same critical mass stock too, while it was growing. I too like HG had to wear long sleeves.
That’s the only variety that’s given me a rash while gardening tho.
I have an issue with allergy type reactions to sativa/haze types when I vape or smoke. Amnesia Haze, Blue Dream - unmistakable fuzzy eyes fuzzy lips. I eventually decided to avoid them.

Hello Heavenly and all :love:
I’m really still only lurking :smokin:… not really here. There was so much resonant synchronicity there that I had to share.

Been enjoying my lurks a bit more frequently lately. That’s been nice. Seen lots of gardens - more than I’ve tagged in I know. I’ve been enjoying the eye candy a lot so thank you all. I’m still not set up or able to grow properly but getting by with micro auto grows.
Love and respect to y’all, y’all :circle-of-love:
:passitleft:

EDIT: And there is these below to add to that conversation. I think there’s definitely definitely something in what Shed posts about the exposure to sunlight.

I had a skin reaction to the Critical Mass while gardening (came out i spots where bare skin brushed against it), but the topical oil I made from it doesn’t produce the same response, so that was clearly just some terpene or something active in the foliage of the growing plant (a lemon something i think).

"The responsible chemical is found in other foods as well — grapefruit, lemons, celery, carrots and parsley — but often the culprit is lime juice. Indeed, this reaction is sometimes known as margarita dermatitis."

At the time i actually traced it to citral - which is common in cannabis (and other plants) and often more responsible for lemony aromas than limonene. I cant get past the paywall for that article so dont now if that’s the one mentioned there or not.
….
Fascinating synchronicity...I was off on a soap-making search yesterday after talking to NaturalSpirit, and I read that certain essential oils are not suposed to be left on the skin. Lemon was on the list of phototoxic ones (ones that become toxic when exposed to direct sunlight).

Wow Hh you’ve been busy! What a great collection of plants and they all look healthy as can be!

Just my 2 cents, you could try topping a few of the tallest tops on the Og to make her a bit more manageable. A couple weeks into flower you would probably never know she was topped.

Hello all! I had a little relapse for a couple days, but I’m feeling back to “normal” once again. :)

Quick follow up on the critical mass - I put most of it in jars with hygrometers and it wasn’t as overdried as I thought! Yay! It was at ~55% so I’ve been rehydrating a little. When I open the jars to shake and burp, I breathe my hot and steamy breath into the jar and close it up. It’s the lazy man’s way, but it works well and brings rh up slowly, so I can get it exactly where I want it. Plus it grosses Mr H out, so that’s a bonus. 😈

I also had to trim up blood orange sorbet. It was pretty fluffy and larfy so I’m not surprised it was the lightest of the three. It weighed in at 87g, and it’s hilarious that they were each so close in weight! 9-10 oz for the whole grow, not my best, but too bad and honestly I am just happy to have something new to smoke on once I can smoke again (cough goes away.) We were buying some purple punch from the dispensary while waiting for the bloomers to finish and my god, I forgot how expensive it gets - fast! It was really good buds, so it was a nice treat, but damn! $$$

I did a little more work cleaning up my neglected veggers. I forgot pics, so I’ll get those up here. I uppotted Candida and gave her an under cleaning. I also supercropped OG kush. The stems were quite woody, so I used some pliers to gently crush the stem until it freely tipped over. It’s my first time doing that, so I’m happy to report that it was much easier than I thought it would be. I didn’t add any weights, so we’ll see what happens tomorrow. I may add some if they don’t shape up correctly.

Well, I didn’t realize it’s earlier in the day than I thought, so I went and grabbed pics before lights out!

Photo dump:
4x4 tent
OG kush
0515AD58-8EB9-4D8B-8E4B-C4689AF8AA9D.jpeg

1EDEB5C3-2F10-4D80-BF53-BDC20F0BE706.jpeg

Candida
EC64A879-2DEB-487D-A7C5-1C482FAAC98B.jpeg

Variegation - which I weird because I haven’t seen my Candida do that before
9A57F740-5A2D-4D27-968A-768B9AD38CBA.jpeg

Sauga view
49857A66-4F5F-44CC-9660-38D79B73B696.jpeg

She’s got le-egs 🎤
E86B9AF5-5902-4945-9453-E11AEC10F1B1.jpeg

2x4 tent
Critical mass #1
C0FC1482-E590-4FF4-AA49-8A7581106F4C.jpeg

Critical mass #2
00D8B9BC-16F0-4CA9-8CF6-4FAA04C7E15B.jpeg

Both of the critical mass’s were monstercrops (revegged cuttings) and they’re growing like it - totally crazy. We’ll see what I can do to shape them up, but I kinda don’t care.

Cherry 18
543EE56A-B96E-428F-A0D2-698E75967A33.jpeg

Fam
99BFF8CA-BD26-4CA1-9407-8C815764438C.jpeg

Okay, now that’s a full update. The plan is to uppot these last three and move them into the 4x4. I had wanted to start some new beans, but I realized the timing was bad and I’ll have to wait a few weeks after I switch this group over to bloom. Maybe I should have an auto or two instead of waiting? I have a Chocodope from Miss Boo that’s burnin a hole in my pocket. 🤔

I hope you’re all doing well and I thank you for hangin with me at the hideout. Sending you all loves :love: and thank you to @Amy Gardner for lurking here, I love having a celebrity sighting.🤩

You've been a busy lady!- everything's looking great- Happy, healthy and well cared for :thumb:
We’ll see what I can do to shape them up, but I kinda don’t care.
I'm sure they'll do fine - those would be a bit tricky to train anyhow...
When I open the jars to shake and burp, I breathe my hot and steamy breath into the jar and close it up.
Do this before you eat the garlic bread...🤪
She’s got le-egs🎤
ZZ Top would be proud!
I have a Chocodope from Miss Boo that’s burnin a hole in my pocket.
I grew one of those- Great little plant, got a little hungry in the middle of the grow, so I had to add a smidgen of nitrogen..
Really good weed- I gave some of it to my ex wife - she texted me like 5 times to say how much she liked it.
Believe it or not, I haven't smoked any of it yet...but it's on the list...

Wow now that's an update! Everything is looking splendiferous. Love the supercrop on the OGK, and if those CM's were mine I would either top every branch halfway down or tie the tops right down to the lip of the pot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Either way it's going to be a fun ride with the monstercrops.
When I open the jars to shake and burp, I breathe my hot and steamy breath into the jar and close it up. It’s the lazy man’s way, but it works well and brings rh up slowly, so I can get it exactly where I want it. Plus it grosses Mr H out, so that’s a bonus. 😈
I do the same thing with the turkey bags...squeeze the air out and exhale into them to blow them up before I seal them. Doesn't seem to make much difference though. I guess I'm not steamy enough!
Variegation - which I weird because I haven’t seen my Candida do that before
Cool!
Okay, now that’s a full update.
Well I definitely got my money's worth. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom