Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

:laughtwo: The double edged sword of having lots of wonderful plants... harvest exhaustion! I know it well.

know I need to harvest when she’s ready
Well ‘she’ can also be you!! Gotta give n take a little.
And I think not wanting to shove it back into the jungle is a perfectly valid reason to harvest anyway! I also agreed it was just in the window too so you picked the perfect moment to pull it out to check... you knew, see!

I keep thinking that doctor statement must have some similar genetic parentage it’s a Candida. The floppiness is a big one, LOL! But the lemon pledge thing you and shed both mentioned too. Wouldn’t surprise me anyway.

Congrats on all beautamous harvests! :party:
:laughtwo: The double edged sword of having lots of wonderful plants... harvest exhaustion! I know it well.

Well ‘she’ can also be you!! Gotta give n take a little.
And I think not wanting to shove it back into the jungle is a perfectly valid reason to harvest anyway! I also agreed it was just in the window too so you picked the perfect moment to pull it out to check... you knew, see!

I keep thinking that doctor statement must have some similar genetic parentage it’s a Candida. The floppiness is a big one, LOL! But the lemon pledge thing you and shed both mentioned too. Wouldn’t surprise me anyway.
Thank you ladies! :love: And thank you Amy, you’re helping me feel better about my choice. I know it could’ve probably gone another few days or so, but the assembly line pushes on. I’ve been working a bit at a time and I’ve made it to about halfway through now. I think as soon as this one is finished, I’ll move on to Candida and CPK. I was hoping for a little more staggered finishes, but it is what it is!!

The Dr. S has Asia CBD listed as its parent plant, but that’s it. They also list pine and ginger as it’s fragrances/tastes, so maybe my nose is crazy? Lol. I just know it’s pun-gent!! Comparing the two directly, their structures are quite different, Dr. S is much better at supporting herself up to about the end, where as Candida seems to flop very early on; the difference in leafiness and bud size is just about as opposite as it gets. Candida is an absolute dream to trim compared to this leafy beast. That’s the preliminary comparison at least. We’ve gotten some accidental clippings that will be testers in another day or so. Then we can compare where it counts - smoke test!!!
:bong::ganjamon::blunt:

Aloha HH! I got lost in here again and can’t seem to figure out we ‘twas last :hmmmm:

Congrats on the harvests and upcoming harvests and the awesome veggie plants! That DDA gots some nice arms. Speaking of which I’m high and tried dry trimming the DDA before going it into a paper bag. It was pretty damn easy dry. Those pesky little sugar fans shrunk up. I hope all is blessed in the heavenly household!

:passitleft:

I was hoping for a little more staggered finishes, but it is what it is!!

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. (Oops, I wasn't supposed to say that!) :Rasta:

We started chopping her down this afternoon, we’re washing and trimming a piece at a time. Lol, this girl is so leafy, it really takes a while. We worked for a couple hours and we only got fans removed and trimmed up about 1/4 of the plant!
This sounds very familiar to me.:D Pretty much how my harvest sessions go, but the strategy is actually pretty good. You work on a little at a time and take breaks when needed without the stress that you've got to get it all done in one sitting. Thanks for the heads up about it being so leafy. I guess I'll find out first hand in a couple more months.

Good morning everyone! I’m happy to update that I mostly finished the Dr. S last night. Lol, well I finished 80% and then gave in for the last arm to be a dry trim. Here’s a look at what I’ve been working with
F85C2D13-0743-499A-8070-BACE615B4B9D.jpeg
These arms took about an hour + each to trim. Mama’s tired!
EBE29345-5CA6-4E56-AA88-40D9CCBD2813.jpeg
This is the majority of her, there’s a couple more pieces to the side, plus the dry trim arm. I’m really happy to be moving on from this girl. And I am absolutely thinking about the guys growing this one outside. I can’t even imagine what a job this will be for those giant outdoor plants!!

The plan from here is to check Candida and CPK to see who’s next. They’re at 57 days today, so I’m anticipating the trimming to continue.

Early results on the nightingale wet/dry experiment are showing that the wet trim buds are already feeling dry on the outside (3 days - lame). The dry trim is still damp, so clearly it helps to extend the dry time. I may end up cutting down the last few plants into washable pieces and do dry trim for them, just for better drying results. That would also buy my trim hand a little more recovery time!

I hope you’re all doing well and keeping safe. Sending you all lots of love! :love: :hug:

(Another) Great harvest, HH! :adore:
I'm harvesting one today too, it'll be easier than yours- it doesn't have 'arms', it only has 'fingers'...

(Another) Great harvest, HH! :adore:
I'm harvesting one today too, it'll be easier than yours- it doesn't have 'arms', it only has 'fingers'...
Lol, the chubbiest, thickest, ogre fingers I’ve ever seen! Bigger than Shrek’s!!:morenutes:

Well, well, well grow buddies, another day another set of trich pics! This time Candida was the subject. I’m having trouble with my loupe/camera, getting non-blurries is seemingly difficult, but here’s the best ones
F181E3F9-12C2-4B8D-83EF-46D6877D8975.jpeg
ED92507B-44AD-4830-A274-F22803B18888.jpeg
630DB275-3140-45A4-BEB2-54FBA610BFFD.jpeg
A4FB08E0-1554-4902-A05B-B8D9BEF2BD24.jpeg
DDF73F8F-A9B2-4C6A-98E9-83F91341514B.jpeg
588246D6-F3E5-463D-AAF8-5C44EE3CE87C.jpeg
0B244814-ABAC-4CA1-9E94-79BB01BD07BA.jpeg
BE20F192-B401-46B4-9F55-00FBE0967102.jpeg
1E63360F-3B79-4A7E-8D17-ECA9A7F85483.jpeg
5EF0A9B4-4245-46FC-8D89-BEBEDEE1052D.jpeg
My past harvest of Candida has been between week 8-9. We’re at 8 weeks and a day and I‘m thinking she’s ready...

After chatting with VG, about my CPK, I decided I will definitely be harvesting her tomorrow. I enjoyed the high so much from my little tester, and that was cut a week ago. I checked trichs and they are cloudy, so I see no reason not to try to stick with that same effect I got with the tester bud. I also plan on doing a dry trim for both Candida and CPK because my humidity is kind of low lately and I’d really like to extend the dry time.

That’s the ideas running through my little mind at the moment. Stick around, I have a small veg update coming up next!

I’m back!! Lol. Here’s the latest with the auto/veg tent.
Jack Herer auto
02294213-3719-4B1F-9F00-D6B173E0EEEC.jpeg
Her top has that “I’m making pistils” type of look. She’s at 31 days, so I’m happy with her progress so far!

Dark Devil auto
EE38F51A-8BF7-4DE9-8A7B-F935243D36BE.jpeg
She’s at day 46, so probably more than halfway through. She’s a weird looking little thing isn’t she? I love her just the same though. :)

Clones
A8C5B6B9-94C3-4F27-BFF6-C4E6153E8576.jpeg
Afghani up top and Candida down low. They graduated out of their solo cups today and into 1L plastic pots.

Babays
A2E11A7F-F6A3-4424-9B19-96041FE2BCCF.jpeg
Sour tangie still leading the waywith her third leaf set coming in. Bubba Kush and WWxGG4 neck and neck with their second leaf sets.

Group photo!
D012018C-5B20-4D02-A647-D1D693BCE0A9.jpeg

Well folks, that’s all I got to show ya today. Stay safe and take care of yourselves out there my friends!! :love:

Back
Top Bottom