Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

I‘m thinking she’s ready...
I agree- I see about as much amber as the one I harvested today- not a whole lot, but enough...
She’s a weird looking little thing isn’t she?
But ,she's growing well in her own weird way...
Everything else looks great in there too- That Sour Tangie looks like she's gonna be a fast one!

Well, well, well grow buddies, another day another set of trich pics! This time Candida was the subject. I’m having trouble with my loupe/camera, getting non-blurries is seemingly difficult, but here’s the best ones
F181E3F9-12C2-4B8D-83EF-46D6877D8975.jpeg
ED92507B-44AD-4830-A274-F22803B18888.jpeg
630DB275-3140-45A4-BEB2-54FBA610BFFD.jpeg
A4FB08E0-1554-4902-A05B-B8D9BEF2BD24.jpeg
DDF73F8F-A9B2-4C6A-98E9-83F91341514B.jpeg
588246D6-F3E5-463D-AAF8-5C44EE3CE87C.jpeg
0B244814-ABAC-4CA1-9E94-79BB01BD07BA.jpeg
BE20F192-B401-46B4-9F55-00FBE0967102.jpeg
1E63360F-3B79-4A7E-8D17-ECA9A7F85483.jpeg
5EF0A9B4-4245-46FC-8D89-BEBEDEE1052D.jpeg
My past harvest of Candida has been between week 8-9. We’re at 8 weeks and a day and I‘m thinking she’s ready...

After chatting with VG, about my CPK, I decided I will definitely be harvesting her tomorrow. I enjoyed the high so much from my little tester, and that was cut a week ago. I checked trichs and they are cloudy, so I see no reason not to try to stick with that same effect I got with the tester bud. I also plan on doing a dry trim for both Candida and CPK because my humidity is kind of low lately and I’d really like to extend the dry time.

That’s the ideas running through my little mind at the moment. Stick around, I have a small veg update coming up next!
Those were the best pics, huh? And you say the problem is with the loupe/camera? Hmmmm. :laughtwo:

Congratulations on your Dr. S harvest! The buds look awesome. :thumb:
And I am absolutely thinking about the guys growing this one outside. I can’t even imagine what a job this will be for those giant outdoor plants!!
Indeed! I promptly went out and pruned more potential larf now instead of during harvest. I am a bit worried, as this is certainly one of the bushiest and leafiest plants I've grown. :nervous-guy:
Early results on the nightingale wet/dry experiment are showing that the wet trim buds are already feeling dry on the outside (3 days - lame). The dry trim is still damp, so clearly it helps to extend the dry time.
Thanks for doing this -- great info! I've always wet trimmed, but maybe I'll give dry trim a try.
This time Candida was the subject.
I think she could be ready. Especially since it's CBD which gets harvested a bit earlier than the THC plants.

Hey hey everyone! Happy August :)

I’ve been moving some plants around and now Afghani has the 4x4 all to her not-so-little self.

I pulled the wet trim nightingale down and jarred it, but it was too soon. I probably should’ve let her hang for another day, but I was paranoid about it overdrying. :rolleyes: Lol. The dry trim half is still hanging and seems like it will be my slowest dry yet. With that in mind, Candida and Critical Purple Kush are my first trials with no-cut, no-wash :eek: dry trim. I’ve always washed and then wet trimmed the individual branches, so it’s about as opposite as it can get for me. We will see!

I don’t have any pictures of Candida! Oops!! This time around, she was very leafy and larfy down below. Shed mentioned that was his experience too and I can confirm. From now on she’ll get a good lollipoping post-flip in this casa.

CPK is a friggin stunner. I must admit she didn’t have my doting attentions because of Afghani, but now that I pull her out of the tent and see her in her glory! :love: Her buds are just majestic.
76740BB6-DE25-4B4F-A991-8B52C9FF9880.jpeg
91A8372E-1AC0-45EC-B533-A69916C627B9.jpeg

So frosty and annoyingly sticky. Part of me was kicking myself for not doing a wet trim with this one because even the fans had some sweet sugary frost. I usually like to make oils with the trim, this would also be a good candidate for some hash too. Next time, and there will most certainly be a next time. ;)

Here they are
4BE3D9BE-84D7-4D7B-B2E6-1EB0718F4592.jpeg

Last bit of info I have is that I tried a tester of the Dr. Seedsman. It had a nice little high. I’m a bit skeptical about the 30:1 ratio but I’m not springing for a lab test, so we’ll just have to roll with it! :laughtwo: I will say it is amazingly lemony and it comes through very strong in scent as well as taste. I bet it would be a great strain for someone who likes to cook with infusions. It reminds me of the sour tangie in the way that the citrus flavors come through so much when smoking.

Well, I guess that’s all for now. Have a great weekend and stay safe grow buddies! :ciao:

Wow two plants at once! Very brave of you. :thumb: Congrats on the harvests!

Way to go, HH. (Toward successful harvests!)
I like smoking the DrS. Maybe I’ll find a lemon tasting pheno some time.
At least with this to puff it should help with the discomfort of your next two trims. It’s almost as if you planned it this way ;)

2 more great harvests! :bravo:
Dry or wet trimming- no way around it- a lot of work either way, but definitely worth it in the end!
I’m a bit skeptical about the 30:1 ratio
What are your thoughts? More THC than expected, or not enough?

Wow two plants at once! Very brave of you. :thumb: Congrats on the harvests!
Lol, and they still won’t add up to one of yours!
Way to go, HH. (Toward successful harvests!)
I like smoking the DrS. Maybe I’ll find a lemon tasting pheno some time.
At least with this to puff it should help with the discomfort of your next two trims. It’s almost as if you planned it this way ;)
I’m so surprised, yours isn’t lemony?!?!
I like the way you’re thinkin here, ease the pain!
What are your thoughts? More THC than expected, or not enough?
I felt a decent buzz. I’ll see what mr h thinks since he’s been a Candida chimney the past month or two. But I think it has higher thc.
Cya next week!
Congrats on some great looking bounty HH! :green_heart:
Oooh, am I going on vacation?! It’s a good thing, I really need one.

:thumb:

Great harvest festival you’re having over here!!

How long do you let the whole plant hang like that? I’ve never done it like that. Im dry-trimmer (just a product of necessity actually) but I usually cut each stem and hang them individually. It’s dry where you are so I’d be more relaxed maybe... and I know it’s a tried and true method. Ive wanted to do it, but I always chicken out!

nice on the CPK! It looks perfect. :)

Great harvest festival you’re having over here!!

How long do you let the whole plant hang like that? I’ve never done it like that. Im dry-trimmer (just a product of necessity actually) but I usually cut each stem and hang them individually. It’s dry where you are so I’d be more relaxed maybe... and I know it’s a tried and true method. Ive wanted to do it, but I always chicken out!

nice on the CPK! It looks perfect. :)
Lol, I’ll have to get back to you on that one Amy! So far the Nightingale that started this little experiment is still hanging (6 days) and that was only half of the plant. I usually struggle to get past 3-4 days so this feels quite promising so far. I will say that the individual stems are drying much faster, trimmed or not. I think the larger the pieces you can manage to get in the wash bin, the better, at least in my climate (today is low 80’s F and 53% humidity), conditions of the drying room itself are 65-72°F and 45-51% humidity.

I’ll be sure to keep updating throughout this process. I put two arms of the Dr Seedsman that I cut down on Tuesday (5 days ago) into a cure bag just this afternoon. Those arms were my standard method of harvest - cut, wash, trim, hang. I did try to keep each arm/main cola in tact as much as I could.

As more develops and finishes, I’ll make a summary and log the results of each plant and method. I’m determined to figure out this whole dry/curing thing.

Lol, I’ll have to get back to you on that one Amy! So far the Nightingale that started this little experiment is still hanging (6 days) and that was only half of the plant. I usually struggle to get past 3-4 days so this feels quite promising so far. I will say that the individual stems are drying much faster, trimmed or not. I think the larger the pieces you can manage to get in the wash bin, the better, at least in my climate (today is low 80’s F and 53% humidity), conditions of the drying room itself are 65-72°F and 45-51% humidity.

I’ll be sure to keep updating throughout this process. I put two arms of the Dr Seedsman that I cut down on Tuesday (5 days ago) into a cure bag just this afternoon. Those arms were my standard method of harvest - cut, wash, trim, hang. I did try to keep each arm/main cola in tact as much as I could.

As more develops and finishes, I’ll make a summary and log the results of each plant and method. I’m determined to figure out this whole dry/curing thing.

Enjoying following this drying discussion!

I'm also chewing on the low and slow method. But not having a dedicated fridge, it's probably a bridge too far.

Enjoying following this drying discussion!

I'm also chewing on the low and slow method. But not having a dedicated fridge, it's probably a bridge too far.
The fridge dry is well worth it....

I've got nosey kids... no dedicated fridge to do it, but occasionally, I'll throw a half oz in a lunch sack & hide it in the back of the fridge to dry

The fridge dry is well worth it....

I've got nosey kids... no dedicated fridge to do it, but occasionally, I'll throw a half oz in a lunch sack & hide it in the back of the fridge to dry

Yeah I'm not giving up on it lol... you're going to see a weird experiment soon, P9 :p

Hey everyone! I’ve been in a mini hiatus, but no worries, the drying project continues on. Candida and CPK are still finishing and then I’ll post up the results.

In the meantime, I have an update for the rest of the ladies.

DDA rockin the pom poms
10B5293D-068D-4EB8-8E45-46154D5C4CF6.jpeg
While DDA has decided to do her own thing, the Jack Herer is training along pretty well so far. Stretch should be starting any minute as she’s started to show some pistils.
3C9881FC-4CC3-4EAB-ACEF-E24E58A7360A.jpeg
42A95134-381F-4F3F-B725-D18763870E55.jpeg
The clones are doing well, Afghani up top, Candida down low.
3873D839-2913-42DC-A4C5-CB9DFF84C98D.jpeg
Babies, gettin bigger!
1FF42B25-3F5D-4277-A50E-DD86A1914EB0.jpeg
The whole party
9AE76871-1717-412A-8BEE-2768F2ADC46B.jpeg
Afghani at 9 weeks today, I took a tester bud today, so I’ll give that a try in a few days. Candy cane harvested hers at 10 weeks and that goes along with breeder guidelines, so thats my idea of the target harvest date.
4B45A046-049E-43C7-98B1-6F8D2AB9AE59.jpeg

That’s the haps in the hideout. I’m terribly behind on everyone’s journals, but I’ll start the great game of catch-up soon! Hope you’re all taking care and doing well! :ciao: :love:

Back
Top Bottom