Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

Today was a big day in the Heavenly tent! I jarred up Marlin for curing and weighed her all out. I don’t know if it will go down in weight after more time goes by, but for now, she gave me 51g. :yummy: Mr. Hybrid said he thought it looked leafy, :confused: so we’ll see... I also harvested Nemo today!! She was SO different than harvesting Marlin. They even smelled different. I was pretty sick when I harvested Marlin, maybe that was it? I dunno. Trimming was also really different. I think difference was what y’all call stacking? I almost wish I could’ve let her go a little longer just to see how phat she could get, but alas time wasn’t on our side. Me n Mr. Hybrid got Nemo all washed and hanging and I’ll do my clean up trim later tonight so it’ll be a bit easier for me, and this time they won’t end up ‘leafy’ :confused:. Can you tell I’m bitter about that?! :p It is what it is I suppose. I’m wondering if I should move some of the buds from each jar into a third, just to give them some more air? I’m watching the rH, I may need to add some of the stems back in with the buds if it doesn’t go up soon. As I was cutting the buds off of Marlin’s stems, they ended up being a lot of little guys with some bigger nugs at the tips. Honestly, I’m a little disappointed at how they turned out. I’m holding hope for Nemo to end up having some bigger nugs after she dries. Either way, I guess as long as the smoke is good, I don’t care about the size. So for now, my little tent is turned off :(. Just a short hiatus til after surgery. But I’ll keep up with the drying and curing on here, I’ll probably have more questions as we go through that process too! And now some photos!
8D913FB6-0587-469A-822B-217A12AA354C.jpeg
E372194C-196C-43E9-A381-4467CB5B0544.jpeg
40A989DE-49CA-476D-BD01-A92A8E480DDE.jpeg
A6AFADEB-1DFA-4A64-81A1-F8747BE3E8EA.jpeg
656EA9AF-79DE-427B-ACBE-BB1789991248.jpeg
DAD80EF3-09D6-4589-A2B4-3778E5650012.jpeg
77723E46-F3CF-4EA3-983F-3FFE52CABECA.jpeg

So I’ve now gone back and forth between the two and they smell really different. Nemo has almost no smell and Marlin has been super pungent since cutting and still is. Is it possible something is wrong with it? They look the same to me, is it possible they are different strains? It just seems weird for them to be so different.

Could be mislabeled seeds and could be different phenotypes of the same strain.

Also, some strains have a higher leaf to calyx ratio, so don't worry about it. My POTM-winning AK was pretty leafy and came in over 6 ounces dried.

Don't forget to keep burping Marlin!

Congrats on the harvest and good luck on the surgery!
Thank you Shed! You’ve been so helpful throughout and I really appreciate it!!

Nemo’s clean up trimming went much better that Marlin’s. Practice, practice, practice! But I overdried Marlin! :eek: I can’t seem to get the rH above 50, even with stems added back in. Does anyone have any tricks besides the Humidipaks? I’ll get some on the way, but I’d welcome any other suggestions, please!

Hiiii:) Looks like you did a phenomenal job girlfriend :high-five:

Those jars are filled as full as I do so I don’t think a 3rd jar is necessary. A trick I’ve used with over dried bud is an orange peel in the jar or literally a few drops of aqua will bring some moisture in. I think you did excellent especially with your first grow.

A wise person once said to me (after my first grow) you brought your plants to the finish line and that’s 50% better than most who try this hobby out! 50 g off one plant:slide:#woooooooeeeeeeeeee
I got 29g for 3 plants on my first grow;)

Good luck!

Hiiii:) Looks like you did a phenomenal job girlfriend :high-five:

Those jars are filled as full as I do so I don’t think a 3rd jar is necessary. A trick I’ve used with over dried bud is an orange peel in the jar or literally a few drops of aqua will bring some moisture in. I think you did excellent especially with your first grow.

A wise person once said to me (after my first grow) you brought your plants to the finish line and that’s 50% better than most who try this hobby out! 50 g off one plant:slide:#woooooooeeeeeeeeee
I got 29g for 3 plants on my first grow;)

Good luck!
Awsome, thanks Newty! I got some Boveda paks on the way. I also made a little bed of dried stems on top and then added some fresh stem from Nemo on top of that. It brought rH up to 53 at least, but I don’t want to invite mold. I’ll try out that orange peel idea too while I wait for the Bovedas. :)

A trick I’ve used with over dried bud is an orange peel in the jar or literally a few drops of aqua will bring some moisture in.
Good luck!
How long should I leave the peel in there Newty?

Until the RH reads 62% (or wherever your target is).
#notnewty
:laugh::laugh::laugh: #notnewty
Thanks Shed, the rH is on the rise but not quite there. I’ll take it out then. Thank you!!

Congrats HH. I cured mine in turkey bags but what I did if mine dropped below 58rh....I just sealed the container (bag/jar) in front of my humidifier. I didn’t blow it directly in there on the buds but sealed the humid air in there nonetheless. Worked pretty good. Same for when I was trying to lower it....I have hygrometers random places in the house. Lol. I would go to the driest place and seal that air in there. Lol. Worked good without ever needing a Boveda pack. I do have some on hand though. I went with “boost” rather than Boveda though.

Congrats HH. I cured mine in turkey bags but what I did if mine dropped below 58rh....I just sealed the container (bag/jar) in front of my humidifier. I didn’t blow it directly in there on the buds but sealed the humid air in there nonetheless. Worked pretty good. Same for when I was trying to lower it....I have hygrometers random places in the house. Lol. I would go to the driest place and seal that air in there. Lol. Worked good without ever needing a Boveda pack. I do have some on hand though. I went with “boost” rather than Boveda though.
Thanks Mr. Magoo! I’m interested to try the turkey bag and drying in the fridge next time. Just didn’t have the resources and time for this round. I tried Newty’s idea with the orange peel and it worked - haha a little too well. My poor buds... rH was up to almost 70 in one of them, so now I’m leaving the jars open for a little bit. Boveda packs are going to be here tomorrow, I may just use them to make it me-proof and take the guesswork out. My second plant (Nemo) is hanging dry right now, and it almost feels like they are ready to come off the stem and into jars, but it’s only been a couple days. What’s going ooon?!?!

Congrats HH! I'm so happy for you! In regards to the plant that feels like its ready to come off the stem already, has the environment changed? Check temp and humidity of the area it's drying in. You're right in thinking a few days is too short. Hope you're well m'dear :)

Congrats HH! I'm so happy for you! In regards to the plant that feels like its ready to come off the stem already, has the environment changed? Check temp and humidity of the area it's drying in. You're right in thinking a few days is too short. Hope you're well m'dear :)
I’ve been trying to keep the drying environment at 70*F and 50% rH. There’s been some fluctuation, so I don’t know. I did a bud wash, does that affect it? My first plant went into jars after 4 days and were too dry. I’m clearly doing something wrong, I just don’t know what? :(:hmmmm:

Great job heavenly! I think they look great! Ive used the orange peel technique and it works great!
I hope you are well and good luck with everything to come !
Thank you kindly! I’m happy with it overall, just don’t want to mess up this last part! Haha, luckily I have all of you smarties to help me out!

Back
Top Bottom