Heavenly Hybrid 2nd Grow: Blackberry Kush, Coco Grow, LED450

Happy 2019 HH! I hope you and your family an amazing safe and happy new year!

I just went through transplanting my guts as well! They were heavily rootbound so I’m hoping to see some nice happy plants now they have some more foot room!

I just witnessed this first hand with my EM1.1 clone. She looked sad and was showing a “P” deficiency in veg so after talking with Shed and Penny I decided to transplant. Good decision!

Wow that’s some amazing customer service! Replacing your whole order is a pleasant surprise.

I agree with Shed unless you have the space energy and time to run those smaller autos out I would toss them and start fresh with seeds that you know are either autos or photos!

I’m sure whichever way you choose to go it will turn out fine and dandy!
Congratulations again on MOTM Dutchie!! Well earned and well deserved, my friend!

Happy New Year everyone! 2018 was a pretty darn good year for me. I had a pretty life changing surgery and it opened up experiences for me that I didn’t even know I was missing out on. I started this fantastic new hobby, which has not only given me given me weed :))) but it’s also given me an outlet and a sense of pride that was severely lacking in my life, and it’s just the beginning! I’m so glad I joined this forum and I’ve made some fantastic friends, I’m so grateful for all of you and for the help and support you’ve offered me. This is truly a great place to be! I wish you all a fantastic 2019!!!

And now, an update. After much consideration (too much probably), I’m going in a totally different direction. I know a couple of you suggested tossing the surprise autos, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I know they will be totally lame, but I just can’t throw them out. I should have room for everyone and if I end up needing space down the road, they will be the ones to go. They smell so truly divine, the kind of divine that makes your close your eyes and breathe in as much as you can. I’ve been trying to come up with a way to describe the smell and I can’t place it. I’ll keep working on it. There’s a real familiarity to it, it’s hitting an olfactory memory for me, but I can’t place it quite yet. Maybe it smells like the weed my dad used to grow when I was younger? Lol, I’ll keep working on that too.

Anyway, moving on. I’ve been itching to pop new seeds because I think I have too much unused space in the tent. Waiting for the auto seeds was the plan, but obviously the plans have changed! Since I’m so intrigued by these mystery autos, and they’ve essentially become free seeds to us, we decided to roll the dice on this blackberry kush pack and dropped the last two seeds last night! I’ll top them early and minimal training just in case any of them turn out to be autos again. If they turn out to be photos, I will keep them pretty small and they’ll finish out with the one photo I already have going. Since we dropped seeds already, the auto seeds will most certainly arrive today. :D I’m also considering dropping one of the sativa autos when they get here and add that into the mix too, but maybe I’m taking on too much? I feel like I pay close enough attention to be able to manage all this weirdness and keep them healthy. It also takes a lot of the pressure off knowing that these seeds have become bonus babies.

As for the haps in the tent, the three girls are perking up a bit. Hopefully now that they have some root room, they’ll be in better shape from here on out. The surprise autos will get only love and nurture from here on out, but Phoebe will start her quad training today or tomorrow.

Photos!
Surprise autos
B3F5D345-9002-4E0F-972F-829BF5EDB5B2.jpeg36024551-C520-443F-85B3-D28AC5225EDA.jpeg

Phoebe
A00E17CB-1397-402F-85A9-2BE8FD7FB8CF.jpeg

Oh and who is this in the corner?
DB973A87-C2DF-40E4-B534-D7DA5E7EA093.jpeg

Are these little pods ok in the tent? Just don’t want the light to be too intense for wee ones.

Everyone
83A830E1-CBA9-402B-867D-72C86E84F6DB.jpeg

I’ll go ahead and wrap up this marathon 2019 post. I know some might not agree with my thoughts on this grow, but I’m curious to see what my little stunted girls will do; as well as embrace the mystery of these seeds and take them through all together. I love a little experiment! Happy 2019 everyone!

Congratulations again on MOTM Dutchie!! Well earned and well deserved, my friend!
Thank you HH!
Happy New Year everyone! 2018 was a pretty darn good year for me. I had a pretty life changing surgery and it opened up experiences for me that I didn’t even know I was missing out on. I started this fantastic new hobby, which has not only given me given me weed :))) but it’s also given me an outlet and a sense of pride that was severely lacking in my life, and it’s just the beginning! I’m so glad I joined this forum and I’ve made some fantastic friends, I’m so grateful for all of you and for the help and support you’ve offered me. This is truly a great place to be! I wish you all a fantastic 2019!!!

And now, an update. After much consideration (too much probably), I’m going in a totally different direction. I know a couple of you suggested tossing the surprise autos, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I know they will be totally lame, but I just can’t throw them out. I should have room for everyone and if I end up needing space down the road, they will be the ones to go. They smell so truly divine, the kind of divine that makes your close your eyes and breathe in as much as you can. I’ve been trying to come up with a way to describe the smell and I can’t place it. I’ll keep working on it. There’s a real familiarity to it, it’s hitting an olfactory memory for me, but I can’t place it quite yet. Maybe it smells like the weed my dad used to grow when I was younger? Lol, I’ll keep working on that too.

Anyway, moving on. I’ve been itching to pop new seeds because I think I have too much unused space in the tent. Waiting for the auto seeds was the plan, but obviously the plans have changed! Since I’m so intrigued by these mystery autos, and they’ve essentially become free seeds to us, we decided to roll the dice on this blackberry kush pack and dropped the last two seeds last night! I’ll top them early and minimal training just in case any of them turn out to be autos again. If they turn out to be photos, I will keep them pretty small and they’ll finish out with the one photo I already have going. Since we dropped seeds already, the auto seeds will most certainly arrive today. :D I’m also considering dropping one of the sativa autos when they get here and add that into the mix too, but maybe I’m taking on too much? I feel like I pay close enough attention to be able to manage all this weirdness and keep them healthy. It also takes a lot of the pressure off knowing that these seeds have become bonus babies.

As for the haps in the tent, the three girls are perking up a bit. Hopefully now that they have some root room, they’ll be in better shape from here on out. The surprise autos will get only love and nurture from here on out, but Phoebe will start her quad training today or tomorrow.

Photos!
Surprise autos
B3F5D345-9002-4E0F-972F-829BF5EDB5B2.jpeg36024551-C520-443F-85B3-D28AC5225EDA.jpeg

Phoebe
A00E17CB-1397-402F-85A9-2BE8FD7FB8CF.jpeg

Oh and who is this in the corner?
DB973A87-C2DF-40E4-B534-D7DA5E7EA093.jpeg

Are these little pods ok in the tent? Just don’t want the light to be too intense for wee ones.

Everyone
83A830E1-CBA9-402B-867D-72C86E84F6DB.jpeg

I’ll go ahead and wrap up this marathon 2019 post. I know some might not agree with my thoughts on this grow, but I’m curious to see what my little stunted girls will do; as well as embrace the mystery of these seeds and take them through all together. I love a little experiment! Happy 2019 everyone!

I’m glad your keeping the unknown autos! I bet they will turn out to be some good smoke! Can’t wait to see the grow take off and I look forward to your qaudline!

Keep up the great work HH!

Update day - day 32 since sprout
- day 6 since preflower (autos).

I’ve been having all this anxious, impatient, energy for my grow the last few days. I was so ready to do quad training on three girls and now just one isn’t satisfying this energy! I found out the auto seeds I ordered after Xmas, didn’t ship out until today - so I guess I’ll stop checking the mail so diligently. I’m really, really glad I already dropped those other two mystery seeds, or I’d be climbing the walls waiting for seeds! Speaking of those popped seeds, they have emerged! But both have little helmets on :( never had that before. I’m guessing I didn’t plant them deep enough? I’m leaving the alone to push their little way out.
Meet Prue and Billie
1D0333D6-4081-41D5-99FF-77F5AB97D1AA.jpeg

I did a little training on Phoebe - my last blackberry kush standing. I did some light tie downs before, and today I added binder clips and did some proper tie-downs.
Before
1282D2A7-8184-4488-9678-4EDAB8D18374.jpeg

After
A617330B-5E96-4581-B105-AB7C0F63C889.jpeg

I also added some tie downs to the two mystery autos. Mostly just bringing down the upper fan leaves to horizontal; but I did add little clamps to Piper’s lower nodes to spread the bottom budlets away from the stem a little.

Paige - suspected Lowryder auto
B29FCEE2-DB62-445E-811A-B532E1AD657D.jpeg
FC8ECC42-2A27-484C-928D-0B7EAB62A74B.jpeg

Upper pom poms
8B5041B7-7971-499D-80F5-1FDD0270DDF4.jpeg

Lower pom poms
2D66D9A7-0D82-48CC-8A14-51A0B31E4FF4.jpeg

Piper - unknown auto
044CEB9F-D775-4F53-8417-6ECA51BA13E0.jpeg

clamps on lower nodes.
D1D2CD05-629A-4F2C-A8C0-46D5D0DC7059.jpeg

You gotta keep em separated
EA4761DD-D3A5-432A-A00C-00987D4327C2.jpeg

It doesn’t seem like the autos will amount to much, which isn’t a big surprise considering the abuse I put them through. But it’s all a learning experience at this point, right?!
That’s it for now, happy growing!

Paige - suspected Lowryder auto
Piper - unknown auto
Keep an eye on the nitrogen intake on the mystery autos. They're showing classic clawing on the leaves both young and old that indicate nitrogen overage. Of course, you had no idea these were going to flower so early, but I would dial the N back as far as you can.

Also, if those helmets are still on tomorrow I'd wet then down a few times and take a tweezers to them. No reason to make them struggle if they're on too tight.

Phoebe looks great! Healthy and green and well-trained :thumb:.

Keep an eye on the nitrogen intake on the mystery autos. They're showing classic clawing on the leaves both young and old that indicate nitrogen overage. Of course, you had no idea these were going to flower so early, but I would dial the N back as far as you can.

Also, if those helmets are still on tomorrow I'd wet then down a few times and take a tweezers to them. No reason to make them struggle if they're on too tight.

Phoebe looks great! Healthy and green and well-trained :thumb:.
Ok, will do Shed! I noticed that clawing, but didn’t know what it was from. I already started the transition to bloom nutes with the last feeding, I’ll hasten it up and bit and cut the bio thrive altogether for the next.

So far I’ve been spritzing the seeds and pods throughout the day, I’m keeping close eyes on all of them really, but especially on those lil babes. Thanks for the help Shed!! :thanks:

Good looking and well trained, :green_heart:
Just like shed pointed out, clawing =N problems.
Thanks for soaring through Birdy! Always nice to see you! I just ordered some new bloom nutes for my tiny autos. The one I had got really chunky and disgusting, so I’m bummed about that. I didn’t even use half of it. Lame! Hopefully the new one gets here before they need watering again. They’ve been drinking pretty slowly since up potting.

Thanks for soaring through Birdy! Always nice to see you! I just ordered some new bloom nutes for my tiny autos. The one I had got really chunky and disgusting, so I’m bummed about that. I didn’t even use half of it. Lame! Hopefully the new one gets here before they need watering again. They’ve been drinking pretty slowly since up potting.
:hug: Thank you :hug:

Next grow will be awesome. Ride this one out, just to learn from it
Most of mishaps weren't even your fault.
Grow with your grow and mistakes make it perfect :)

After spritzing and watching my little helmet heads all day, I intervened. One of them had pretty much popped all the way out on her own.
BC32EBCB-E3C8-415C-B264-459140CCED3A.jpeg

I used the tweezers to gently and easily, lift the shell off.

The other had already shed her shell for the most part, but it had a membrane or something, still holding her cotyledons together.
E2CEF51E-ECAD-417E-96CD-32B97D6998A4.jpeg
I used the edge of the tweezers to gently slice/separate the membrane so she could at least open up and collect some light.
F6F0A733-0895-4E42-A80C-3B1509D4B3F0.jpeg

They also both had tap roots showing, so I rehydrated some coco and they both are in their new solo cup homes.
8A87F809-4EC8-4DF8-9281-3EB2987586F0.jpegC94A5789-FB0A-45C2-A0DD-F85429987ECB.jpeg

As for the other three, I readjusted all tie downs and fed everyone. I switched the two autos over to blooming nutes. Will watch to see if that helps the clawing/nitrogen toxicity.

And final tid bit update, I am now getting delivery updates and my pack of auto seeds should be here Monday! :) :slide:
Mr. Hybrid flew out for a playoff game, so I’m gently attempting to leverage his trip for a second tent setup. Seems fair, right?! Lol, wish me luck!

Looking great:) good job getting those helmets off, I used to get them all the time and maybe beheaded a few too many! PW rings in my ear...plant it just a tad deeper than you think and you shan’t see a helmet head again :D well hopefully not, I haven’t.

Happy New Year girl, I’m glad you decided to switch gears and embrace the autos. If anything you’ll get great experience, new weed and prob a new tent! Lol

Shitty it’s taking so long
:passitleft:
Mr. Hybrid flew out for a playoff game, so I’m gently attempting to leverage his trip for a second tent setup. Seems fair, right?! Lol, wish me luck!
Or use my method of do it while he’s gone;)

Most clawing doesn't fix itself after you correct the nitrogen levels, so new growth will be the best indication that you've solved the problem.

:cheer: Maybe he won't even notice, like husbands in commercials!
Ok, although it doesn’t seem like I’ll be getting much of any new growth on these autos. It’s so slow, if I weren’t taking pictures, I wouldn’t think they were growing at all!
Lol, he’s pretty un-observant, I might be able to get away with it!! :D

Looking great:) good job getting those helmets off, I used to get them all the time and maybe beheaded a few too many! PW rings in my ear...plant it just a tad deeper than you think and you shan’t see a helmet head again :D well hopefully not, I haven’t.

Happy New Year girl, I’m glad you decided to switch gears and embrace the autos. If anything you’ll get great experience, new weed and prob a new tent! Lol

Shitty it’s taking so long
:passitleft:

Or use my method of do it while he’s gone;)

Haha, I so almost did!! I get compulsive like that, but then I feel guilty after, so I resisted. We have a big boy bed to buy, so he said the second tent could be after that. We’ll see, there’s light at the end of the tunnel!

I did try to bury them on the shallow side, I won’t be trying that again! They are both free and soaring little birdies now, I easily removed the last bit of casing from her leaf this morning! :) And now we wait to see if they are photos or autos! :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom