Heavy defoliation and shock: Longer flowering periods

420d0wnund3r

420 Member
Hey everyone,

I am 6 weeks into flowering after the light cycle change with Eleven Roses a 100% Indica by Delicious Seeds. I am a keen defoliator and like to scrog my girls. I also keep an accurate track of my grow times which vary depending on the strain. Elle (I have nicknamed her) was in veg for about 6 weeks ending up with many heads, I then switched the light cycle and did a heavy fan leaf lolly pop and defoliation. I then waited for 3 weeks and did another heavy fan leaf defol.

She went through a seemingly long stretch for an Indica (I understand about phenotypes) and is currently displaying long white pistils on every bud top and smaller branches, so it's even as far as I can see and nice and spread out with the netting. However there is no bulk to any of the buds. Some of the pistils have started to turn orange. Prior to this, I would have 2 plants taking up the same space, I am now trying to keep it simple with just 1. I have double checked my timing and ruled out light leakage. Could it be that because of her size and the two heavy defolliation's early on, they have really shocked her and it has taken up to a week each time for her to recover? I am used to things taking a little longer but this seems to stand out from all of my other grows.

I have kept nutrients on the heavy side, slight leaf tip burn but nothing I haven't dealt with before. Keeping ph as close to 5.8 as I can (Auto drip clay ball basket res system).

I don't mind being patient if these are just effects of what I have done, I would like to hear from anyone who defol's and can confirm that it does make the flowering time take longer.

Hey everyone,

I am 6 weeks into flowering after the light cycle change with Eleven Roses a 100% Indica by Delicious Seeds. I am a keen defoliator and like to scrog my girls. I also keep an accurate track of my grow times which vary depending on the strain. Elle (I have nicknamed her) was in veg for about 6 weeks ending up with many heads, I then switched the light cycle and did a heavy fan leaf lolly pop and defoliation. I then waited for 3 weeks and did another heavy fan leaf defol.

She went through a seemingly long stretch for an Indica (I understand about phenotypes) and is currently displaying long white pistils on every bud top and smaller branches, so it's even as far as I can see and nice and spread out with the netting. However there is no bulk to any of the buds. Some of the pistils have started to turn orange. Prior to this, I would have 2 plants taking up the same space, I am now trying to keep it simple with just 1. I have double checked my timing and ruled out light leakage. Could it be that because of her size and the two heavy defolliation's early on, they have really shocked her and it has taken up to a week each time for her to recover? I am used to things taking a little longer but this seems to stand out from all of my other grows.

I have kept nutrients on the heavy side, slight leaf tip burn but nothing I haven't dealt with before. Keeping ph as close to 5.8 as I can (Auto drip clay ball basket res system).

I don't mind being patient if these are just effects of what I have done, I would like to hear from anyone who defol's and can confirm that it does make the flowering time take longer.

Defoliation will slow growth but should not really extend flowering times. Do you have pics of the plant? Based on your description of both the extended flowering time and the long stretch, I'm THINKING you MAY have a mislabelled seed and you've actually got some Sativa.

Back
Top Bottom