HeavyChevy59 - First Grow - Mars II 400W - Happy Frog/Ideal 420 Soil - 2015

Looking really good buddy, did you top or fim btw? I believe you vegged 9wks so they must be quite tall, hows the lights in terms of penetration?

Hey solmj thanks for checking out my grow. I originally was gonna try topping but I decided not to after reading that topping only increases yield if you give the plants more soil and nutes. The plants are kinda tall, I measured a day or two ago Scarlett was about 35" and the other two were just a couple inches under her. This is the only light I've used so I have nothing to compare it to.

plants are looking nice man good job on the hair cut

:morenutes:

I think I let my plants get to tall for my light and tent in my next grow I will only put one plant and put it under the mars II 700 I am going to get and train the hell out of it :lot-o-toke:

what size pots are those again

plants are looking nice man good job on the hair cut

:morenutes:

I think I let my plants get to tall for my light and tent in my next grow I will only put one plant and put it under the mars II 700 I am going to get and train the hell out of it :lot-o-toke:

what size pots are those again

Their in 3 gallon smart pots, I went with a 7' tall tent so I could have plenty of room for sativas. That sounds like a great game plan, have you checked out light addicts flux style.

good looking plants man, as far as those tops go they will be very low THC and may give you a bit of a headache but if it has crystals it should give you some head change lol sorry i dont know about the microwave tech for drying but im sure you can google it.

keep up the great work :thumb:

Find shadowmans journal. I'm not sure how far along he was in flower, but, he juiced some leaves after defol and got a little buzz. I'm not about smoking them.

Nah I decided not to, I didn't wanna take the chance of getting a headache for nothing. When it's time to chop them down I plan on taking a bud from each plant and doing I quick dry and smoke test So I can have something to compare the properly dried and cured buds to.

Yeah I know what u mean :tokin:

Nah I decided not to, I didn't wanna take the chance of getting a headache for nothing. When it's time to chop them down I plan on taking a bud from each plant and doing I quick dry and smoke test So I can have something to compare the properly dried and cured buds to.

nice man that will be an interesting test. be sure to let us know how the difference is. :Namaste:

What's up guys today is the start of week 5 of 12/12. Well the top dress of 420 soil didn't help, I gotta say I'm really disappointed in this soil, I ordered a sample of roots organics Buddha bloom and hp2 the other day and got a shipping conformation today so that should be here by Monday hopefully. I've gone back to using General Organics CaMg @10ml/gallon, I hate using it just because it takes a lot of ph up to get it back to 6.5.

All three plants have burnt leave tips, Groot looks like she has a phosphorus deficiency and it looks like Scarlett is starting to show the same symptoms on one of her leaves, I think that's it for now so on to the pics.

Groot
20150625_202252.jpg
20150625_202410.jpg
20150625_202540.jpg
20150624_073341.jpg

20150625_224336.jpg

Scarlett
20150624_073417.jpg
20150624_073423.jpg

20150625_224150.jpg

MJ
20150625_215446.jpg

Trichomes are starting to develop
20150626_024441.jpg
20150626_033725.jpg

Well what I thought was the shipping conformation was actually just the post office letting me know they received my shipping info but not my package and the status still hasn't changed.

So now I'm wondering if I should just try some miracle grow liquid all purpose fertilizer I had laying around, I know it's not the best way to go but I'm worried about my yield, I'm also going on a camping trip this weekend so it may be another week before I see the roots organics samples.

20150628_193511.jpg
20150626_194436.jpg
20150626_194602.jpg

I was out N' about and I found this little lady, she's in a very public place so the poor thing probably won't last to long.
20150626_181927.jpg

awww... I love to see weed plants in the wild it only has ever happened a few times to me it still amazes me some times I forget that that a plant is still a plant and it will thrive even if people try to vilify it
:ganjamon:

I don't know about the mg plant food I see it has a lot of nitrogen in it might be to much for flowering stage but if you use a small amount it might hold you over until you get the roots organics in the mail hopefully some one with more experience will chime in and help

There's still plenty of green leaves so I'm gonna hold off on using the mg for now hopefully the roots organics ship out tomorrow, the email did say two day shipping so Wednesday would be perfect, if not then I'll just try and find some dry organic ferts close by and use it as a top dress.

So far Groot and Scarlett are showing phosphorus deficiencies, and just the tips of MJ's leaves are burnt other than that she looks fine.

Check your PM's... don't use that stuff from Miracle Grow.. the only miracle about that stuff is how fast big Ag (Miracle Grow AKA MONSANTO) takes your money.

That and it will kill (salts) all the micro herd (bacteria & mycelium) that help your plant stay healthy.

Check your PM's... don't use that stuff from Miracle Grow.. the only miracle about that stuff is how fast big Ag (Miracle Grow AKA MONSANTO) takes your money.

That and it will kill (salts) all the micro herd (bacteria & mycelium) that help your plant stay healthy.

Hey bobrown thanks for the reply I definitely decided against using the mg, I just panicked for a moment but I came to my senses, I want to keep my grow as organic as possible.

The status of the roots organics samples I ordered has finally changed and should be here Wednesday, hopefully I can make it work with these small pots. I would love to mix up my own soil and brew my own teas but money and space is tight right now, I'll try to find some good ewc and use as a top dress, most of the stores around me just carry wiggle worm castings and I've read a lot of bad reviews about it.

Thanks again for the advice I appreciate it.

Hey bobrown thanks for the reply I definitely decided against using the mg, I just panicked for a moment but I came to my senses, I want to keep my grow as organic as possible.

The status of the roots organics samples I ordered has finally changed and should be here Wednesday, hopefully I can make it work with these small pots. I would love to mix up my own soil and brew my own teas but money and space is tight right now, I'll try to find some good ewc and use as a top dress, most of the stores around me just carry wiggle worm castings and I've read a lot of bad reviews about it.

I'm glad you didn't go with th mg :thumb:

I started off with roots organics but gonna warn ya - not totally organic .. here's a hint that will keep you out of trouble with that stuff.

Get some wiggle worm ewc - put a cup in a bucket of water, put whatever roots stuff they send you and add them to the bucket follow label directions and go lite with it and BUBBLE the shit out of it (24 hrs or more). You put that stuff (I want to call it junk) straight up into your grow and you might as well kiss your ladies good by!

If it was me - get the wiggle worm EWC, its heads and tails above roots organic stuff and a lot cheaper. Put that into a bucket of water and bubble, if you don't have an air pump no worries, just stir it from time to time for a few days, heck you can even do better going for a walk in the woods and dig up some quality humus (black soil), bag it and put a cup of that in a bucket of water or mix with the EWC.... you get the idea.

What you are doing with the EWC / soil in a bucket of water is growing micro-organisms that help live in a symbiotic relationship with the roots of the canna plant (all plants really). Those micro-organisms share food with the canna plant and in return the canna plant feeds the micro-organisms, they are a team .... hence the saying: "TEAMING with microbes" - Microbeman! <-- Google it.

That's the way I've been doing organic gardening for quite some time now. Proven to work and my job as a gardener of canna is about 15 minutes a day... tops, which is watering, that's it. Not nutes, no meters, no measuring cups, just worms and soil! I'm lazy and I'd rather be rolling up a big fatty and puff'in.

Back
Top Bottom