Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto - Soil - LED/CFL - First Indoor Grow - Advice Welcome

Re: Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto - Soil - LED/CFL - First Indoor Grow - Advice Welcom

yup that is classic nut burn but not too bad. Just remember as you get closer to the end you really want to start cutting back on nutes.

Nutes are not food. The light is food. Nutes wont make the plant grow faster or better...they allow the results of photosynthesis to be utilized properly...so in a way they make it grow better but that is the end result. If you add more light you need more nutes but there is a large window so you really don't want to ride high on this. If there are more fan leaves there is more photosynthesis and they need more nutes. Near the end the fan leaves start to stop working so the nutes need to come down.

You are fine...just use some water and maybe some molasses. Not straight up go read about adding molasses. You can buy off the shelf pre-broken down sugar additives as well but old school growers just use molasses.

You are in soil so slow way down on the nutes. If the burn gets worse we will want to flush the pot. How long has it been this way and does it look to be improving? I say just water for a while.

Re: Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto - Soil - LED/CFL - First Indoor Grow - Advice Welcom

I noticed about 4-5 days ago but it isn't getting any worse. Just cut off the nutes completely and going to stick to water only. I'm going to go read up on molasses. Thanks!

So the deal with sugars is the result of photosynthesis is making sugars. If sugars are just available it is like adding back fan leaves. You are making readily available what the plant wants to combine with nutes to make plant growth happen. This is not really a big deal until you are trying to push the plant in Bloom or trying to get that last bit out of it near the end when the leaves are failing.

This is the first I've heard or read about molasses and it is blowing my mind! Very interesting stuff. I happened to find a bottle of organic raw blue agave nectar low glycemic sweetener in my cupboards. Think this will work okay? All natural, contains the sugars? Maybe like 1/2 - 1 teaspoon per gallon? Every watering you think? Thanks for the info this is some good stuff. My Pop wouldn't even believe me if I told him. The biology of it seems legit

I guess molasses has more benefits in comparison to the stuff i found in the cupboards. Guess I'm going to hit walmart and see If i can find some unsulphered molasses!

Yeah not just any molasses and there is a process to get it easily transportable by the plants. Again every nute maker on the market has a bottle of pre-broken down sugars you can buy...But like anything this is just scientific fact that was discovered probably before you were born. So back then they did it themselves. Now for a chunk of change you can buy a gallon of stuff with directions on the label.

Your choice.

Hi, button!

I think she looks amazing - +reps. Don't worry too much about not having a grow room for autos -- lots of people on here are growing them in the most amazing places!

Two things:

1. If your photos are taken on a phone (and I expect most of ours are) you need to take them in landscape with the volume buttons down (for iPhone). Or you can edit them before uploading them -- rotate them and then rotate them back. Seems to work for many people -- that's spotty for me so I just take the photos the way the site likes them :)

2. Auto vegging and flowering times. Autos will naturally go into flowering at some point, but the community of auto growers is still debating deciding to count the start of flowering. Some people do it from the first appearance of pre flowers. Others wait a week or so after that. It seems to be usually between 3 and 5 weeks for most folks with autos. The breeders tend to understate the amount of time needed, of course -- my first grow went two weeks over their flowering estimate and could have gone another week. Your girls will be ready when she's ready :)

Welcome to 420magazine!

Landscape mode it is! Thanks for the advice Glim

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom