Hector makes THC infused MTC Oil

I had no idea what lecithin was til I saw it mentioned in this thread. I have to admit I'm happy with my oil and I'm looking to start making CBD topicals and capsules. I just popped a Candida and I'm waiting for a tapper. I'm planning on using Grape Seed Oil for the topical and maybe capsules depending on expense vs Coco. I'll use the Coco oil for edibles, the coconut and chocolate is great without that coconut texture!

BTW: my recipe is super simple.

1 oz ground to 1 cup coco oil. I let it soak/ infuse for at least a week in a boil safe jar. Put in slow cooker on low for a few hours. Use a fine mesh screen to strain the oil. I've found that if you let it sit in a liquid state, after strain, for another week after cooking a small amount of sediment will sink and stick to the bottom of the jar. Two things about that. I bet that stuff will get you ph#@%d up and it prolly tastes nasty! To this point I've been afraid to test that stuff, a concentration of Trichs & Keif soaked in coco oil.

So there's about 3 harvest's worth of trim in there and a half ounce of some seeded weak bud I scored to smoke that turned out I didn't like after all. I'm not entirely sure how much coco oil is in there, but when liquefied, turns into a green soup that moves around easily indicating a good amount of oil to material ratio. Judging from the pics, can you guestimate if more material is needed to make a potent end product? I suppose I could scrounge up another 1/4-1/2 ounce of PC fatten up the pot, but if it's not needed......?
Oil Jar 1.jpg
Oil Jar 2.jpg

Cheese trim wasn't super frosty, PC trim was medium frosty and that junk bud looked about medium frosty as well. Maybe I will toss in a 1/2 zip of PC nuggets (shredded) just to give it a fighting chance.

My guess is you’ll get mild pain relief maybe good for some small dose candies/ gummies.
Consistency looks ok
With using trim, one will tend to get more green colour. If the bud is weak the tincture will be weak, what is put in comes out... I think that is how it’s said

You get out of it what you put in.

.5:1? The last batch I made with a shit load of trim, some bud and enough oil to make all of that a wet mix seemed to only get me HAF, but everyone else that tried, it did nothing for.

.5:1? The last batch I made with a shit load of trim, some bud and enough oil to make all of that a wet mix seemed to only get me HAF, but everyone else that tried, it did nothing for.

I've heard the same thing. I think they are FOS. I've got a high tolerance, if my brownies don't get you high then you have a super high tolerance. That's all I can say about it. My cousin said he didn't get high from my brownies. I don't give him brownies anymore.

:laughtwo:

Hello 420 friends
I’ve decided to make some THC infused MTC Oil.
The wife doesn’t like to smoke so I’m making her some oil.
So here is my recipe and a few pics.

First, turn on good toons ( Sirius Pitbul)

1oz bud
Chop coarse (too fine makes it taste weedy)
Preheat oven and Dearborn @ 240 for 45 - 60 minutes
Baking sheet & cover with tin foil
After decarb leave covered until cool
2 cups organic coconut oil
Heat to 170 - 190 (stabilize around 180) cook for 3 hrs
Strain with cheese cloth
Let cool
I bottle into 30 and 60 ml bottles with droppers
I believe that's "MCT " oil.

I believe that's "MCT " oil.
Good morning @gerrit Hope you are well my friend.
Where you been all these years?
Do you have a garden going?
BTW that's a 3 year old post and you may not get a reply.

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @gerrit Hope you are well my friend.
Where you been all these years?
Do you have a garden going?
BTW that's a 3 year old post and you may not get a reply.

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill, thanks for the shout. I probably didn't notice how old the thread was or chose it as it was the most appropos. I have been growing, however last seasons harvest was small. It's, I judge by comparison to high 20's THC delivery weed but no matter as volumne makes up the difference. I'm planning on converting it all to dry ice derived Keif, hence my question. You all must try my orbital polisher trick for extraction. So easy and efficient! Let me know and I'll forward the details and perhaps a video if I can figure out how to hold the Iphone in my camera tri-pod. So easy and efficient!

Hey Bill, thanks for the shout. I probably didn't notice how old the thread was or chose it as it was the most appropos. I have been growing, however last seasons harvest was small. It's, I judge by comparison to high 20's THC delivery weed but no matter as volumne makes up the difference. I'm planning on converting it all to dry ice derived Keif, hence my question. You all must try my orbital polisher trick for extraction. So easy and efficient! Let me know and I'll forward the details and perhaps a video if I can figure out how to hold the Iphone in my camera tri-pod. So easy and efficient!
Start a thread explaining your method, I'm sure we would all like to know.
Glad to see you around again my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Hello 420 friends
I’ve decided to make some THC infused MTC Oil.
The wife doesn’t like to smoke so I’m making her some oil.
So here is my recipe and a few pics.

First, turn on good toons ( Sirius Pitbul)

1oz bud
Chop coarse (too fine makes it taste weedy)
Preheat oven and Dearborn @ 240 for 45 - 60 minutes
Baking sheet & cover with tin foil
After decarb leave covered until cool
2 cups organic coconut oil
Heat to 170 - 190 (stabilize around 180) cook for 3 hrs
Strain with cheese cloth
Let cool
I bottle into 30 and 60 ml bottles with droppers
Hi Hector, sounds like you got a nice routine down and working.
I do about the same, however I bought a Magic Butter machine on Craigslist for $50. It was only used three times to make infused Jam.
The MBM is quick and efficient.
You can either use Everclear 190 Proof or MCT oil.
It makes quite a lot of MCT Infused Tincture.
You can vary the strength by how much Buds and MCT oil you use, or the amount of time you select.
Stronger use Less MCT oil.

I have varied my method occasionally, by using Everclear in the MBM.
When done I use the strainer glove provided. To get a more clear liquid, I also use a BUCHNER filter with one or two filter papers. I use it with a vacuum source, which is very fast to strain this way.
Then I Put the infused Everclear in a 2 cup Pyrex CUP.
I then put the cup in a pan of hot water, and add the MCT oil, or alternately I use a coffee cup warmer.
The alcohol will cook off and leave the HOT infused MCT OIL in the cup. How much MCT oil I use also determins how strong the final mixture will be..

Back
Top Bottom