Hefty Lefty's First Grow Ever: Gorilla Glue & Mk Ultra: Coco & LED Grow

Hefty lefty

Hello, this is me and my wife's first grow ever. We are going to be going through this learning stage together. I know we don't have the best equipment or best....well, anything really, but we are thinking for our first grow just getting to know the process a little bit and set a goal of just getting some healthy plants to harvest. We figure if we can just keep them healthy and happy we should have something decent in the end. We have just started our plants as of today they are about 5 days from germination. Pics are attached. The last one is today. Below is a list of what we got going so far.

Strain: gorilla glue (50% sativa 50% indica) & mk ultra (50/50 as well)
4 plants total (2 of each)
4x4x6 tent
Coco w/perlite app. 70/30 blend
3 gallon fabric pots
(2) 260w (act. Power from specs) LED s
Seedlings currently under (2) 13w cfl s
General hydroponics 3 part flora series w/ armor si, calimagic, rapid start, diamond nectar, and liquid/dry koolbloom

We are currently just misting them and raising the dome here and there to exchange air. Vents are closed right now. RH ranging from 78 to 99 depending on when you look at it. Temp is ranging between 72-79 degrees. We are completely new to this. I tried to do my research but there are several different ways to accomplish the same goal it would appear. So if anyone wants to jump in with some advice or tips it would be greatly appreciated. And if not, just hang around and watch a newbie show you how to not grow pot, surely that never gets old and I'm the first one, right? Lol, it might be a little entertaining to watch a true rookie mess something up just to see how I mess it up different. I figure the best way to learn it now is to just get in there and do it that's how to truly learn something and something truly learned is not easily forgotten. So here we go.

IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG

That’s awesome you guys are growing together!! Team work makes the dream work Hahahah
I’m gonna follow and watch your journal for sure!
I’m on my first grow and just went into flower myself (new to this) but happy to help where I can if you need advice
Super cool people on here so I’m sure you’ll get the answers you need!!

if you don't mind me stepping in here, looks like the one lagging behind still has part of the shell attached. Needs to be removed. Use a drop of water and see if you can get it to release....gently. Also how far is your light, as you said they look leggy may need to lower the light a bit. there will be other folks coming around to help even more. great you two are growing together, my wife does not but does not care if I do. She does like her gummies.

cheers.

if you don't mind me stepping in here, looks like the one lagging behind still has part of the shell attached. Needs to be removed. Use a drop of water and see if you can get it to release....gently. Also how far is your light, as you said they look leggy may need to lower the light a bit. there will be other folks coming around to help even more. great you two are growing together, my wife does not but does not care if I do. She does like her gummies.

cheers.
Hello zincite and welcome. I do not mind at all it actually what I was hoping for. I will get the shell removed. As for the leggy part I’ve got the light as close to the dome as I can get it. But after they got leggy on me I went and got another light with a little more power and am watching the new one on the right to see if this light is sufficient. It seems to have stopped the stretch on the other three and they started to develop a little more leaf growth instead of just getting tall. Anytime you wanna drop in and offer advice please feel free to do so. I’m here to gain knowledge and learn from those that have already done it so I can grow the best meds I can. So thank you very much for your input and taking the time to even look.

Hello everyone here is an update of my plants I just started. As you can see they got a little leggy on me. So bad in fact that I took the done off and snagged one of my gorilla glue and snapped it in half and had to start another seed. It the one on the right and is about 5 days behind the others.

94BB75C9-B25F-4ED7-B427-F310456CA293.jpegD8D7BFE9-C34E-40B4-AB09-AC2DBB9860AB.jpegD8D7BFE9-C34E-40B4-AB09-AC2DBB9860AB.jpeg
Besides being a tad stretched there looking good!
They will be at full veg before you know it

You can gently place a bit more soil around the leggy ones to provide them some support if you wanted. Any stem than goes below the soil line can potentially grow roots, so it won’t hurt it.

I had the same thing happen to my seedlings (stretch) and I put them in bigger pots (probably shouldn’t have) and buried the stems to about 2 cm from the leaves. It took a few days but they are happy and healthy.

Thank you for the info. I won’t worry about burying them a little bit. I Was kind of scared to do that because I thought that if you buried to much stem it would cause problems but I may have that confused with later transplants when the plant is older. It seems like it was damping off or something like that. I will have to find where I read that and read it again. Again thank you.

Hey guys just a quick little shot here. Most of the girls are two weeks old tomorrow still no feeding yet just plain water. The one in the middle is the one I broke. She is hanging in there and just don’t want to give up so I’m gonna stick with her. The on on the right is 5 days younger than everyone else. She got planted to replace the broke one.

F8D3AC44-5C15-4D52-A45D-A5E0C23F2A00.jpeg
F8D3AC44-5C15-4D52-A45D-A5E0C23F2A00.jpeg

Another quick update today. Not much happening right now other than just a little bit of growing and getting bigger. We are about ready to transplant these girls into their final 3 gallon pots. Probably will transplant in another 3-4 days or so. I do have a question about one of them though. The perlite in one of them is turning green like it is growing algae or something (pic below). Is this normal or is a problem beginning to occur for me? That’s about it for this update let me know what you think about the perlite being green.

12C221F6-7ABB-468A-A647-8FD354AEE659.jpeg12C221F6-7ABB-468A-A647-8FD354AEE659.jpeg

Attachments

• 3066607B-8C8F-4F8B-8083-10801868E566.jpeg
    3066607B-8C8F-4F8B-8083-10801868E566.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 202
Why germinate them with the little cfls. That's why they got so stretchy. Next time start them under the LED lights at the manufacturer recommend setting. You will be much happier with the result. Get some lights on them now if you haven't already. No harm done when you transplant them put the stem a little deeper in the medium like was stated earlier.

Back
Top Bottom