Heirloom + Awesome Strains = An Epic 2013 Grow Journal

Howdy all of my :420: friends!

I'm kicking off my 2013 grows today and you can follow along from the very beginning. This will be an ever evolving journal. Not following one particular strain or grow but instead a one stop shop for all my goings on, except for the perpetual. With the start of this journal also begins the phasing out of the perpetual. I will take it through several flowering cycles into the beginning months of 2013. Once the plants in this journal are able to take over for what the perpetual will be giving me I will shut the perpetual down and probably let the Hashplant Haze fall off my live strain list.​

What strain is it?
So far I am planning on growing the following:

-Green House Seeds
*Super Lemon Haze
*Big Bang
*Cheese
*El Nino
*White Widow

-Royal Queen Seeds
*Critical

-Other/unknown
*Grapefruit
*Blue Dream

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
*Super Lemon Haze = Lemon Skunk x Super Silver Haze
*Big Bang = Skunk x Northern Light x El Niño
*Cheese = Selected Skunk phenotype (a replica of a clone only strain from the UK)
*El Nino = Haze x Super Skunk x Brazilian x South Indian
*White Widow = Brazilian x South Indian
*Critical = Afghani x Skunk
*Grapefruit = Unknown
*Blue Dream = Unknown

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Just germinating SLH, EN, CH, WW, BB & Cr

Grapefruit and Blue Dream are from clone

Indoor or outdoor?
Both for now. A specially designed and purpose built greenhouse eventually

Soil or Hydro?
Hydro, in Coco. At the moment I use the 5Kg bricks sold at my Hydro store. No additives needed for moisture retention yet. My Smart(er) Pots let the media breath yet retain moisture fairly well.

What size pot?
I am making my own Smart(er) Pot from fabric made of recycled PET soda bottles. Look at a reusable shopping bag at WalMart. That is the material I am using. Sizes are 1/2 Gallon (6"D x 6"H) and 10 Gallon (18"D x 10"H)

Size of light?
Ummm. The Sun for most of it. 864938 miles in diameter and more lumens/PAR/watts per sqft than we can recreate. Supplemental lighting will likely be T5 floro's'.

Lighting is an interesting subject. Here I will explain my idea. I am going to use the Gas Lantern Routine (GLR) for Veg. Except I am using the Sun for as many precious minutes per day that I can. Then they get supplemental lighting as needed and for the 1 hour period. Flowering will likely be a diminishing light routine. They will be covered for the dark periods that might over lap with the Sun still being up.....through Summer for instance I will be flowering by exposing the girls to the Sun light at a certain time and taking it away at a certain time.

If anyone's not familiar with GLR, it is a solid 12 hours on, 5 1/2 hours off, 1 hour on, 5 1/5 hours off, repeat. Ask if you are confused or have any questions. Discussion of techniques is always welcome!

Is it aircooled?
The Sun??? Not that I'm aware of.

Type and strength of ferts used?
Excellent question! There are a lot of good ferts out there. I am a Blue Planet Nutrients user, most likely for life. Since all I have at the start of this journal is BPN 2 part and the optional Liquid Blue, that is what I'll be using for a little while. I will be trying out the 3 Part Elite as well as the entire line up of BPN's Organic products at some point through the year. Corey is re-vamping his line up and you can bet I'm going to try it all.

Point being, BPN kick's ASS and you wish you were using it.:thumb:

Other products used will be Rapid Rooter plugs (AKA chocolate cake), Clonex gel, SUPERthrive, Mad Farmer PH up & down. Supplements will be handled as needed and will be listed when/if I need them.

:peace:

So to start it off here are the 6 seeds presoaking. I put 4 drops of SUPERthrive in a gallon of my well water (600PPM from my tap) and poured a little in each. They are all Fem seeds and I am only germing one each because I want to save my seed stock as much as possible. I will be cloning these babies after a few months of training for clone taking.

I will now be separating the outdoor stuff from my perpetual stuff. All Hashplant Haze will be in my other journal. Blue Dream and Grapefruit move over here. So, here is where we are today:

This Grapefruit.....

Supplied this one single clone.....

Which in turn supplied me with two more just yesterday....they are the two in the back. They are my starting point for the Grapefruit line.

Also, this Blue Dream......

Which now looks like this....

Gave me these three clones which in turn gave me 6 more (potential....not yet rooted) yesterday. See the clone tray above. They are the 6 in the fore ground.

Nice start to 2013!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom