Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

San bernadio wowo looks awsome bro

Looks really good! I just built a scrog net out of twine and hockey sticks, typical Canadian haha, always have spare hockey sticks around.

This hobby is always evolving, your net looks good, but as DP said, "try this to make it better", I keep having to tell myself not to get LEDs or do a DWC, as my HID and coco will be just fine. Lol we are never happy as is, we're always looking to improve, what a silly hobby we picked up

I'm cooking up ways to utilize the sun all year round and only supplement with electric lighting, yet still being stealth. I am a firm believer that the best plants can only be grown under the sun. No amount of lighting will come close. I don't mean on a size or health level, I mean the cannabinoids and turpins are more fully developed in the sun. Now if you do DWC in a LARGE grow chamber using the sun for light...and SCROG it.....imagine what a plant that would be!

:thumb:

Looks really good! I just built a scrog net out of twine and hockey sticks, typical Canadian haha, always have spare hockey sticks around.

This hobby is always evolving, your net looks good, but as DP said, "try this to make it better", I keep having to tell myself not to get LEDs or do a DWC, as my HID and coco will be just fine. Lol we are never happy as is, we're always looking to improve, what a silly hobby we picked up

With a name like CanuckGal, I would have been disappointed if you didn't say "hockey sticks" at some point.

I'm cooking up ways to utilize the sun all year round and only supplement with electric lighting, yet still being stealth. I am a firm believer that the best plants can only be grown under the sun. No amount of lighting will come close. I don't mean on a size or health level, I mean the cannabinoids and turpins are more fully developed in the sun. Now if you do DWC in a LARGE grow chamber using the sun for light...and SCROG it.....imagine what a plant that would be!

:thumb:

Well, there is a way to get outside light inside... using reflectors to bounce it around... Think, "AZZIZ! LIGHT!"

Ok, Ya'll. It a big update!

I'm going to give an overview my perpetual so those friends just joining, or even those who have been here the whole time, get a good idea of what it takes. From clone to as far as I am currently. Here is my current cycle.

I have 4 veg stations, and ultimately will have 3 flower stations (currently two). The goal here is a perpetual grow harvesting 3 plants every three(ish) weeks.

For cloning my current method/recipe is:

Rapid Rooter plugs
Clonex gel

Cut the clones as normal, 45 degree cut on the stem. I scrape the stem in two or three spots, about 3/4 inch. I try to make my angle cut right on a node. If not I cut it a little below the node. The point is to have a node in the rooter plug. I don't know if it help, but it what I do. Dip the stem in Clonex Gel and put it in the rooter plug. I pinch a little corner of the plug and stuff it in the hole with the stem to help hold it up straight and close off the hole. I water with tap water only. Mine is non chlorinated well water. Place them in a tray with a dome, mist the clones with tap water and spray the inside of the dome. Stick them on a temp controlled heat mat (I'm at 85* F). For light I use a 40W (100w equivalent) 5500k CFL on 24 hrs.

In 5-14 days you should have roots. That of course depends on strain. Also if you starve the donor plants prior to cutting it seems to speed up rooting (my fastest is 5 days and average is 6).

With this I have 100% success. Earlier losses were during tests, but this method I have repeated and it always works.

I take my clones 1 week prior to my 'big day', which is when all reservoirs get changed and all plants 'move up'. When that happens VS1 (Veg Station 1) becomes vacant and ready for the newest rooted clones. 1 week may seem to be cutting it really close, but once you get the cloning down to a science and a rhythm, you will know how far in advance you need to take them. For my technique and this strain I can rely on having plenty ready to choose from in 7 days.

On the 'big day' the just rooted clones move into VS1. I don't have a picture for some reason, but it looks just like VS2 below, in fact they sit right next to each other.

VN1 Recipe (Veg Nutrient 1 Recipe)
PER GALLON:

5 ml Blue Planet Nutrients GROW
5 ml Blue Planet Nutrients BLOOM
1 Drop SUPERthrive
PH to 6.0

Lighting is GLR (12-1) using a 2 bulb 4ft T5 for both VS1 and VS2

The way my cycle works is every three weeks everything moves up. So they stay here for 3 weeks. Because my bubbler is only 2.5 gallons of solution I change it at 10-11 days. I know for a fact that this strain is fine for at least two weeks in these bubblers, with no top ups, no ph adjustments and no signs of stress. But I wouldn't recommend trying that at home kids. Anyhow 1 change midway through the 3 week stay in VS1. At this time I watch for new growth. As soon as I have a good set of nodes that gives me 4 branches I top them UBT (Uncle Ben's Topping) style. I want to have 4 branches I can train out like an X if possible.

Next is VS2

Per Gallon:

7.5 ml Blue Planet Nutrients GROW
7.5 ml Blue Planet Nutrients BLOOM
Adjust PH to 6.0

Another 3 week stay. During this time I'm training them out and low using super cropping. I might top a few, just clipping the growth node, like a fimm but slightly lower. I have not perfected fimming yet.

Next is VS3 for 3 more weeks. I cease (actually pause) training as soon as they go into VS3. At 10 days into VS3 I switch reservoirs and run plain water. For 3-4 days (usually, so far). This starve period is for the clones. Once the clones are taken they get put back on their regular nute reservoir. As for the clones, if you want to follow them, go back to the top :)

This set up is 3 10 quart plastic trash cans set up as a RDWC. They have a 30 gallon reservoir. The blue lids are covering two trash cans each.

Per Gallon:

12 ml Blue Planet Nutrients GROW
12 ml Blue Planet Nutrients BLOOM
Adjust PH to 6.0
Lighting is now a 5ft 8 bulb T5 (running 6 bulbs for 480w) on the GLR (12-1) schedule.

Last in the Veg Stations is VS4 consisting of 5 gallon bucket chambers set up as RDWC with a 30 gallon res.

Per Gallon:

12 ml Blue Planet Nutrients GROW
12 ml Blue Planet Nutrients BLOOM
2 ml Blue Planet Nutrients Liquid Blue BLOOM BOOSTER
Adjust PH to 6.0

This is stage is close to VS3. I use it for re-veg/recovery after the major clone removal before going to flower. With the added bloom booster for 'crazy growth' (I have to say that is pretty accurate) they stay here for 3 more weeks. Some pinching here and bending there is all that's left.

Now the fun begins!!!!!

These next pictures are a combo of Flowering DAY 0 for the shortest, and Flowering DAY 21 for the tallest, SCROG'd pair.

My Flowering recipes currently follow BPN recommendations. Light is a single 600w HPS on an 11 on /13 off schedule. I have three 5 gallon buckets and a 50 gallon reservoir for each flowering system.

Per Gallon:

Week 1 (Transition)
10 ml Blue Planet Nutrients GROW
15 ml Blue Planet Nutrients Bloom
4 ml Blue Planet Nutrients "Liquid Blue' Bloom Booster
PH to 5.8

Weeks 2 and 3 (Bloom)
10 ml Blue Planet Nutrients Grow
20 ml Blue Planet Nutrients Bloom
8 ml Blue Planet Nutrients 'Liquid Blue' Bloom Booster
PH to 5.8

Week 3+ (Monster Bloom)
10 ml Blue Planet Nutrients Grow
25 ml Blue Planet Nutrients Bloom
8 ml Blue Planet Nutrients 'Liquid Blue' Bloom Booster
PH to 5.8

I know 12 weeks of veg is a long time. I will be thinking about cutting it down to 9 weeks in 3 stations and pushing the plants with higher nute levels. But the point really is to have the training time to try and produce enough shoots to fill the SCROG screen. I think this strain, GLR and BPN are really producing some great growth. Look at all the potential 'tops' on them!

And now....I am off to clean up the 3 that just went into flower. Hope you all enjoyed it!​

LOL, sorry for all the misspellings, grammar slips and plain missing letters in the last update. It was a VERY long day, a late night and I was really tired.

So as most are aware I'm sure, I am looking for a cheap ass solution for Smart Pots. At $3 each for 1 gallon I am not about to go out and buy lots of them.

Enter the buying power of Wal-Mart and American ingenuity! I currently have my 'grow' goggles on everywhere I go. I look at everything from a re-usability stand point for potential use in my grows. I found what I was looking for, not in a fabric store or catalog, but in the checkout lane at Wal-Mart. At 50 cents per reusable shopping bag I found my material. I grabbed one and breathed through it. Perfect. A little thin, but sturdy none the less. Early on I tried a bag from GTM (Costco overflow outlet). Sturdier bags and thicker material. It doesn't breath as well and costs a full $1 each. Wal-Mart wins, the bastards.

I took apart the Wal-Fart bag and ended up with a single panel to work with. I measured out my linear strips (the sides) and the circles, cut them out and sewed them up.

Viola! The 1/2 gallon Smart(er) Pot! I can make 4 of these out of one 50 cent bag!

:party::yahoo::rocker::ganjamon:

thats real nice bro! why would you waste a good bag from costco anyway?
I have always wanted to soil wally world:)

Hey just spent the last few days catching up with everything, looks amazing love the perpetual setup going on. I have a similar system except I only veg for 4-5 weeks and put 15-20 into flower every month so harvesting about 20 plants every month. Simple flood and drain in rockwool averaging about a zip a plant using this method and at full capacity got 40 going under 2 1000w HPS. Love seeing all the setups and am officially subscribed to your journal!

Sorry about your gramps, losing someone you love is always painful but tis the way of life :peace:

thats real nice bro! why would you waste a good bag from costco anyway?
I have always wanted to soil wally world:)

LOL. true that! Thanks FC!

great update!! great diy grow bag!! +reps:goodjob:

Thank you much BID!

Hey just spent the last few days catching up with everything, looks amazing love the perpetual setup going on. I have a similar system except I only veg for 4-5 weeks and put 15-20 into flower every month so harvesting about 20 plants every month. Simple flood and drain in rockwool averaging about a zip a plant using this method and at full capacity got 40 going under 2 1000w HPS. Love seeing all the setups and am officially subscribed to your journal!

Sorry about your gramps, losing someone you love is always painful but tis the way of life :peace:

Hey, nice to have you DocDee! Your system sounds nice! I'll have to check it out. Do you have a journal?

Thanks for the kind words. It is the circle of life.

See ya around!

No journal yet, new here but definitely plan on whipping one together here sooner or later!

I love your DIY smart pots! Stoner ingenuity at its best!

Thank you for posting such a thorough description of your perpetual grow, I must have spent 20 minutes reading, and going back to re read, you really make it seem possible and very organized!

So you said you may cut out one of the veg stations, and boost Nutes instead? Would more Nutes really make the plant grow faster? I'm always so worried about 'lock out' or Nute burn

Hey Heirloom just came by to say hello and offer props on your ingenuity and resourcefulness. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of great minds in this community. Other sites just plain suck compared to :420: anyway Heirloom thanks for keeping me under your wing! I really appreciate you.

:peace:

No journal yet, new here but definitely plan on whipping one together here sooner or later!

I will keep my eye open for it, or drop me a note when you do!

I love your DIY smart pots! Stoner ingenuity at its best!

Thank you for posting such a thorough description of your perpetual grow, I must have spent 20 minutes reading, and going back to re read, you really make it seem possible and very organized!

So you said you may cut out one of the veg stations, and boost Nutes instead? Would more Nutes really make the plant grow faster? I'm always so worried about 'lock out' or Nute burn

Thank you for the compliments, CanuckGal. If you take the time to plan and organize it actually is possible, and easy. I'm sure that using the awesome BPN nutes rather than a 3 part with 15 additives takes a lot of stress and potential problems out of it.

As far as cutting out one station and bumping nutes, yes it does. But you toe a line and I'm sure that what stain you use makes a big difference in success. HPH has been really VERY forgiving and a joy to grow. I have pushed nute strength here and there as tests and it simply responds with explosive growth. Look back at the last update. The three that are in veg 4, veg 3 and veg 2 were all cut on the same day. They are from the batch of 28 or so that I took on 7/1. Because I couldn't wait to fill the system I stuck babies in each station to fill it. You can see the size difference. The Veg 4 girls got a major thinning when they went in, that's why they seem sparse compared to veg3.

Do you mind if I share your post with Reddit? r/microgrowery would love to see this if you want to post it yourself too!

Feel free. It's open knowledge for all.

Hey Heirloom just came by to say hello and offer props on your ingenuity and resourcefulness. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of great minds in this community. Other sites just plain suck compared to :420: anyway Heirloom thanks for keeping me under your wing! I really appreciate you.

:peace:

Hey Shizz, thanks a bunch! I don't think you need my wing though. You are doing great!

Great updates, and cool DIY smart pots! Can't beat rapid rooters for cloning reliability, huh? They're great for starting seeds, too. +rep for the great recap/update and the cool DIY. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom